War Meet ‘Dissenter’: A far-right ‘comment section’ for hating on journalists -

Miles Peterson

kiwifarms.net
Dissenter isn’t about protecting the First Amendment; it’s about letting its users punch down on marginalized journalists, Twitter users, and public figures.
Now, I'm fuzzy on certain bits of intersectional theory or whatever they call it, but I'm pretty sure that journalists and most public figures are about as far from "marginalized" as you can get, given the whole "position of power and prestige/ability to shape the national discourse/etc" thing they have going on. Rando twitter users, yeah that might be punching down, but it's just as likely to be sideways or up too.

I also do love how, despite like 2 years of the media going on this whole persecution complex narrative of theirs, the best they have for evidence is "this website you've never heard of until right now is impotently shit-talking us".

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
Now, I'm fuzzy on certain bits of intersectional theory or whatever they call it, but I'm pretty sure that journalists and most public figures are about as far from "marginalized" as you can get, given the whole "position of power and prestige/ability to shape the national discourse/etc" thing they have going on. Rando twitter users, yeah that might be punching down, but it's just as likely to be sideways or up too.

I also do love how, despite like 2 years of the media going on this whole persecution complex narrative of theirs, the best they have for evidence is "this website you've never heard of until right now is impotently shit-talking us".
It's fucking pathetic really. But it's the only card that they have left to play as their approval rating continues to plummet and more and more people turn against them. They're the embodiment of that Simpsons meme with Skinner going "Am I out of touch? No it's the children that are wrong.": completely incapable of self-reflection and shifting the blame onto others when things don't go their way.

Cool kitties club

Kiwi Farms unofficial pet cat
kiwifarms.net

Well now punching up just means attacking acceptable targets while punching down is attacking unacceptable targets.

Great, another NPC den.

Artist's impression of Dissenter.
Both journalists and Gab users can be dumb

Coh

Tenebrae Perfectae et Nigeres
kiwifarms.net
Always thought Gab was autistic but this isn’t that bad of an idea. Especially considering a lot of media websites are removing their comment sections nowadays.
The actual idea of Gab is fine and I honestly would enjoy it if implemented well. It's just that Torba is REALLY exceptional about running his site. Like, he used Microsoft as the domain registrar instead of something like Cloudflare. That alone should tell you the amount of intelligence we're dealing with here.

Edit: I forgot to add it also has the same problem 8chan does, that being it's userbase is just the userbase from another site that was banned for one reason or another, meaning there's really no reason to use it unless you're banned from Twitter. Also, apparently it the actual coding of the site is Pajeet-tier.

boulderblundermatt90

kiwifarms.net
I don't know why I keep getting worked up whenever I see something so exceptional my 1 year old self that had autism would call it out.

but I do. excuse me, I have pitchforks and torches to buy.

Reactions: Tard Baby

Apoth42

Hehe xd
kiwifarms.net
I know it's fun to pretend to be against the prevailing opinion but in this case the majority is correct: journalists do suck dick.
Conservatives are wrong about one thing:

Journalism throughout history has always been bad. There is no mythical era of good journalism. There has been good journalists but that has always been despite the culture and institutions.

ProgKing of the North

Close to the edge, just by the Riverlands
kiwifarms.net

Journalism throughout history has always been bad. There is no mythical era of good journalism. There has been good journalists but that has always been despite the culture and institutions.
That and/or the shitty culture and institutions have been going up against someone even worse

Keystone

kiwifarms.net
How does this Valens troon not have a thread yet? Every "lol far alt-right Nazi bigot Gamers™ amirite y'all?" article that gets a thread in this subforum as of late has been penned by this dude.

OT this is a nice extension that I hope we see more of since so many sites on the internet these days, political or otherwise, have become too chickenshit to have a comment section any more.

Cool kitties club

Kiwi Farms unofficial pet cat
kiwifarms.net
Once again these people talk in a language that sounds like normie words, but really has a completely different meaning. Words like "diversity" and "justice" and "hate."
Most progressive words have political connotations far beyond their actual definitions like how intersectionality just means intersecting identities intersect literally but has a much stronger connotations

Here's a good video on that:

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino