War Meet ‘Dissenter’: A far-right ‘comment section’ for hating on journalists -

BuckBumble

kiwifarms.net

The "Columbia Journalism Review" is taking credit for this.

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
2016 has made them lose their minds, literally. They think by banning all wrong-think they can make this go away. The thing is that this is not possible. People will always generate ideas and when you try to silence them for little to no reason, that only reinforces their viewpoints.

Google acts all high and mighty, but they were participating with the Chinese government to restrict freedoms. Both companies are pieces of shit.

Silicon valley erroneously thinks that its technocrats can make a utopia. They're arrogant pieces of shit. Eventually I think the internet is going to 'fork' because of shit like this. They're eradicating ways to compete and they just do not care.
Look at how effective their psychological warfare campaigns targeting Trump has been. They know their tactics are effective and know they can get away with all extremes as long as they aim for right leaning targets. Their greatest win is that they can silence wrongthink not by force but by terror, by instilling fear in those that still believe that speech can be free; and keeping dissidents in line by inciting brainwashed NPCs to act against, more and more often with violence.

Whether Alphabet execs believe the crap wackjob crap they're pushing, I don't know, but from leaked info we can assume that a majority of their employees do buy into that and thus behave like a religious cult that is absolutely certain it's crusade is righteous and necessary, fueled by their corporate echo chamber and by the dustopian Silicon Valley culture.

The "Columbia Journalism Review" is taking credit for this.
So the protected class of leftist journalists threw a fit and got their way. Not that it takes much to cajole tech firms into quashing dissent. You know that over at Google and Mozilla they are celebrating this as anpther great victory for their righteous battle against those who would exercise wrongthink unsupervised by their betters. The future is now: if you do not participate in one of our heavily censored Orwellian social media outlets, you simply will not participate.

So, dissenter is just a database of websites and correlates comments made on its platform, right? In other words, it's just a more technical version of us pasting an article here and making fun of it, as I understand.

So framing it as "allowing far right commentators to graffiti websites" is patently false, the problem is "People are allowed to talk about our lies even after we turned off comments!"

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, dissenter is just a database of websites and correlates comments made on its platform, right? In other words, it's just a more technical version of us pasting an article here and making fun of it, as I understand.

So framing it as "allowing far right commentators to graffiti websites" is patently false, the problem is "People are allowed to talk about our lies even after we turned off comments!"
Literally all dissenter is is a third party comments section for websites. That's it. Journalistic faggots had major problems with it because they could not moderate speech. So they constantly bothered Alphabet and Mozilla and whined saying it had hate speech (even though Twitter and YouTube have more) to get it pulled.

But what people are doing now is just constantly re-upping the app under different names to force these companies to constantly play whack a mole.

Look at how effective their psychological warfare campaigns targeting Trump has been. They know their tactics are effective and know they can get away with all extremes as long as they aim for right leaning targets. Their greatest win is that they can silence wrongthink not by force but by terror, by instilling fear in those that still believe that speech can be free; and keeping dissidents in line by inciting brainwashed NPCs to act against, more and more often with violence.

Whether Alphabet execs believe the crap wackjob crap they're pushing, I don't know, but from leaked info we can assume that a majority of their employees do buy into that and thus behave like a religious cult that is absolutely certain it's crusade is righteous and necessary, fueled by their corporate echo chamber and by the dustopian Silicon Valley culture.

So the protected class of leftist journalists threw a fit and got their way. Not that it takes much to cajole tech firms into quashing dissent. You know that over at Google and Mozilla they are celebrating this as anpther great victory for their righteous battle against those who would exercise wrongthink unsupervised by their betters. The future is now: if you do not participate in one of our heavily censored Orwellian social media outlets, you simply will not participate.
I mean it's all about free speech for me, not for the. Though Americans don't typically take that shit. The thing is we don't have massive government legislation to censor us like Britain and the EU do, which is why you have faggots like Zuck and Jack calling and whining for government legislation which will more than likely be quashed by the first amendment.

Which has been supported by every political class of justice. So what is more likely to happen is that the internet is eventually going to 'fork' where these media companies will eventually lose control. Normies will have their own net and we will basically be driven underground.

Or the alternative is that everyone gets silenced and these media companies call it a win but cant understand why all their woke projects constantly fail if all the Nazis have left the internet.

They have no real understanding of reality or humanity in any way shape or form and don't realize by making someone silent, you don't change their mind or have others generate 'hate speech' on their own. America is still a rebellious culture. The journalists and the regressive are a loud minority supported by money. I know it looks bleak, but ask the Koch brothers and the take over of the Republican party and how that went for them in the end.

PantsFreeZone

Smartest monkey on the spinning space rock
kiwifarms.net
I'm actually surprised at the lack of actual hate speech on Dissenter. I thought it would all be "nigger this", "kike there" and "faggot that", but it is way less like one of my comments on KF and way more like early Twitter with a right-wing slant.

cecograph

kiwifarms.net
Dissenter is a good idea, but really horrible from a privacy stand-point. I don't want a random third party tracking every single URL I go on. This is giving up more information to a third party than you do to your DNS service. At least they can only see what domain names you access. Dissenter is uploading entire URLs.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: spiritofamermaid
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino