Mega Rad Gun Thread -

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
It almost feels wrong making this thread with Chitoryu gone. Almost. Not really though.

...okay, I feel no guilt whatsoever, I just wanna talk about guns right now thanks to GFYS.

So like I said in the how was your day thread, I'm thinking about purchasing a firearm when my paychecks start piling up (assuming I don't blow all my money on burgers again). I'm currently looking around through the S&W website, but maybe on an upcoming Tuesday or Thursday, I'll start browsing pawn shops and looking around for gun shops in my area. I'm really interested in handguns because I've never really been around them too much, and I already have two rifles and a shotgun. Although what I really secretly want no matter how much it costs is an engraved revolver.

I mean god damn, look at that thing. It costs $2,630, and it is magnificent.

As for the guns I actually own, like I said, two rifles and a shotgun. Since I'm an incompetent ass and I don't know how to take pictures of guns, here's a picture of my Winchester model 94 on a sofa.

And my Remington 870 Wingmaster.

And my Savage 110.

I don't name my guns because frankly, I'm not a puss. I do cry and talk about my feelings to my dogs on a daily basis, though.

So yeah, guys, post your guns, talk about guns, just don't mention the FAMAS or else I'll revoke your general access.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The guns I own are a double barreled shotgun, a shotgun that can load up to four shells, and a pellet gun. Use to shoot these things with a relative a long time ago. Even have a plastic bag full of used shotgun shells from when we onced shot some shotguns.

DevilDog

kiwifarms.net
I got a S and W MP15, chrome lined bore, 1/9 twist. It's my pride and joy, I'm going to get it Cerakoted in a good two/three toned camo, with Rainbow Dash's cutie mark on the lower.

DevilDog

kiwifarms.net
I'm holding it in my pic, although I did take off that hueg scope and the PRS stock. It weighed around ten pounds unloaded so I used it for benchrest shooting and let me tell you, a seven pound trigger is not great for benchrest shooting. Now it's going to get a Magpul CTR stock(NOT THE CRAPPY MOE ONE) and an ACOG once I get $1300 together.

GFYS

Heel
kiwifarms.net
DevilDog said:
I got a S and W MP15, chrome lined bore, 1/9 twist. It's my pride and joy, I'm going to get it Cerakoted in a good two/three toned camo, with Rainbow Dash's cutie mark on the lower.
I love the S&W M&P15 carbines! I confess to being a bit of an AR-15 snob... I always felt, "if you didn't build it, it's shit." But I got over that, after taking down and then shooting our CEO's M&P15 (I was also pleasantly surprised after shooting two different Doublestar value AR-15s). Everything about it feels like a $1200 AR-15, but he got it for $800 before the buying panic set in. It's not the finest AR-15 I've shot (it could stand for a nicer drop-in trigger, and I'm starting to fall in love with piston uppers), but it's still a great carbine - one of the best bangs for the buck, for a Stoner platform. I'd count on one, to defend my life. About the only hiccup was that none of the ones I fired (all 2012 builds) accepted Magpul PMAGs (actually one of my New Frontier and a friend's Colt milspec lowers didn't accept PMAGs either), but I prefer the aluminum Brownell mags because that's what I was issued and they're super reliable. No problems with any other magazine, and every other milspec part fits perfectly.

S&W's M&P15-22 is also really nice. I actually bought my own, after having so much fun renting one at a smaller range. Almost no recoil, quiet, reliable, and I still have a stockpile of .22lr ammo (though I'm starting to lay off on shooting so much, until I see more of it back in stock at stores).

I recently had an old M16A2 finished white and had purple diamond shape gems inlaid into the stock. Some folks seem to associate it with FIM Rarity - which, honestly, is kind of a complement, but I just love the color scheme. I have a habit of taking my "safe queens" and dressing them up, for my own amusement. It drives the Fudds and old school shooters crazy, but it doesn't affect the function or accuracy of the rifles - so screw 'em. They're probably just pissed because I'm generally in the top 25% in points, each shoot, despite only practicing maybe twice a month. I only just started practicing for the 3-gun shoot, and I'm already a little above the course average. I bet I'd do even better if I could switch to a 20ga semiauto, with reduced recoil cartridges. Unfortunately, no matter how perfect my stance it, recoil is always gonna be an issue at my size. But, I've never had problems dropping a heavy steel target with 20ga 000 buck. Hit just above the center of mass, and I can drop them with a 40gr .22lr bullet.

The Hunter

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I've never been a fan of AR-15s or assault rifles in general. I can appreciate the AK-47, though, but I'm sure everyone can. I don't like SMGs either or anything that's fully automatic. Although I grew up shooting rifles, so of course I'm a little biased.

DevilDog

kiwifarms.net
GFYS said:
DevilDog said:
I love the S&W M&P15 carbines! I confess to being a bit of an AR-15 snob... I always felt, "if you didn't build it, it's shit." But I got over that, after taking down and then shooting our CEO's M&P15 (I was also pleasantly surprised after shooting two different Doublestar value AR-15s). Everything about it feels like a $1200 AR-15, but he got it for $800 before the buying panic set in. It's not the finest AR-15 I've shot (it could stand for a nicer drop-in trigger, and I'm starting to fall in love with piston uppers), but it's still a great carbine - one of the best bangs for the buck, for a Stoner platform. I'd count on one, to defend my life. About the only hiccup was that none of the ones I fired (all 2012 builds) accepted Magpul PMAGs (actually one of my New Frontier and a friend's Colt milspec lowers didn't accept PMAGs either), but I prefer the aluminum Brownell mags because that's what I was issued and they're super reliable. No problems with any other magazine, and every other milspec part fits perfectly.

S&W's M&P15-22 is also really nice. I actually bought my own, after having so much fun renting one at a smaller range. Almost no recoil, quiet, reliable, and I still have a stockpile of .22lr ammo (though I'm starting to lay off on shooting so much, until I see more of it back in stock at stores).

I recently had an old M16A2 finished white and had purple diamond shape gems inlaid into the stock. Some folks seem to associate it with FIM Rarity - which, honestly, is kind of a complement, but I just love the color scheme. I have a habit of taking my "safe queens" and dressing them up, for my own amusement. It drives the Fudds and old school shooters crazy, but it doesn't affect the function or accuracy of the rifles - so screw 'em. They're probably just pissed because I'm generally in the top 25% in points, each shoot, despite only practicing maybe twice a month. I only just started practicing for the 3-gun shoot, and I'm already a little above the course average. I bet I'd do even better if I could switch to a 20ga semiauto, with reduced recoil cartridges. Unfortunately, no matter how perfect my stance it, recoil is always gonna be an issue at my size. But, I've never had problems dropping a heavy steel target with 20ga 000 buck. Hit just above the center of mass, and I can drop them with a 40gr .22lr bullet.
I've really only gotten into firearms in the past few years, so I'm a bit of a mall ninja I suppose. I can't find my MP15 on the S and W website, it's a free floating quad rail forend with Troy sights. The PRS stock was kinda out of place on a carbine...but it has gone 1 MOA :biggrin:. I've never built an AR, but we just got 5 polymer lowers, so it looks like I'm going to learn. I want to use a Les Baer 24 in bull barrel upper for one, a RRA .40 upper for another, a MOE 16 in upper for another, maybe a S and W .300 Blackout upper...and as something I'm not seriously considering, a Safety Harbor .50 BMG upper. Is that a pre-86 M16A2? My MP15 runs PMAGS perfectly, to be honest, I dislike the aluminum ones. I have a new 20 rounder that has the curve like the 30 and there is no way I can fit 20 in it. The aluminum ones seem a lot harder to load IMO.

Grand Number of Pounds

Sonichu fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't have any mega rad guns, just some pellet guns and airsofts. My favorite gun right now is a Crosman 1377, which has a bit of a cult following and is popular with people who mod their guns. I plan to keep mine stock for now.

Reactions: Captain_Asshole

Grand Number of Pounds

Sonichu fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a never-been-fielded AK (CYMA CM028) that I got for Christmas. So far I've just plinked with it. When it gets nice out I'm going to play my first game of airsoft ever.

The Hunter

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Heh, I'm the only person I know that never got into airsoft when I was in high school. Hell, airsoft was an ideal date for some of the people I knew.

renomakicwc

kiwifarms.net
All I have is an air-rifle... A nice one, but still...

I guess it's a good thing too, because I don't want to scare people when I go into the woods for a little shooting. It's a nice, quiet gun.. I wish I has a spot to properly hang it when I am not using it though, instead of just plopping it against a corner behind me as I type.

.. I should take it for a walk again tomorrow. I rarely use it, and I still have a few cans of shitty soda left over for target practice. Guess that money wasn't a waste after all now that I found a use for that shit excuse for a soda.

captkrisma

kiwifarms.net
I've got my grandfather's Colt .45...he took his custom piece while storming the beaches of Normandy in WW2, so it has a lot of sentemental value to me. It's also is one of the best handguns I've shot. I like modern Ruger pistols as well, but I'm not a huge fan of double action with pistols. I'm thinking about saving up and possibly buying an old Single Action Army from a local gun collector.

• Feels
Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

GFYS

Heel
kiwifarms.net
DevilDog said:
Is that a pre-86 M16A2?
It's actually a semi-auto McKay lower, with most everything else (except the CS springs and a slightly larger no-name charging handle) being Colt USGI (which I didn't glam up). One of my ex-BFs had a few full-autos, which I enjoyed, but I can't legally own them (or any AOW/Class III) where I live. When I move, I'm going to get an authentic Colt lower or at least a full-auto sear conversion. I also want a short barrel Mossberg 500 that can take the mini shells for an extra shot, and a full-auto Glock 34... Just because I can. Goodness bless America! :biggrin:

I have the obligatory "gun nut" Saiga 7.62x39 in my battery, but currently no other Kalashnikov pattern rifles or carbines. Of all the Soviet firearms, I liked the Simonov design the most. I get way better accuracy from my SKS, the weight soaks up more felt recoil, it's no less rugged, and seemed less prone to FTF/FTE than the AKs. I wouldn't turn away an orphaned AK-47, and I probably wouldn't feel under-gunned if that's all I had, but it's never been my cup of tea. I have a soft spot for the FN FAL, but couldn't rationalize buying one when the AR-15 platform meets my need at a reasonable (at one time) price.

The Dude

My dad says that's for pussies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The gun thread for gun fans.

For those of you who are into firearms, what are some of your favorites?

Me personally, I'm mostly into modern tactical firearms. I've owned several AR15s, a FAL, an M1A, an XCR, an AK, and a PS90. I don't own any right now, but I'm saving up for an ARES Shrike MCR, which is an AR15 lower receiver with a modular gas piston upper receiver which allows you to swap out barrels, calibers, and even add a belt feed.mechanism that uses the same belts as the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon, however I probably won't be getting that upgrade.

I also love lever action rifles, particularly the Winchester 1873. Winchester just reintroduced this model with modern steels and chambered in .357 Magnum. I plan on getting one of these as well.

Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

Some JERK

Takin' all the pretty girls.
kiwifarms.net
Re: The gun thread for gun fans.

I like the XDMs. The 3.8 compact in .45 acp specifically. i want one.

I absolutely adore my Old-model Ruger Bisley vaquero in .45 long colt. People discount single actions as carry weapons but it's not like i'm walking around going to the grocery store with that thing. (i have something else for that that doesn't weigh 3 lbs loaded.) It's a trail-gun that i carry in the mountains where my concerns all walk on 4 legs. Plus, that particular weapon is as close to indestructible as any weapon gets (even moreso than glocks). My cousin handloads JHPs for me that are just short of .44 mag as far as ballistics go.

I have a lever action too. It's a marlin in 30-30. Love it. The 'redneck assault-rifle'. No bells, no whistles, and lever-actions are fun as hell to shoot.

unpopular opinion time:
i don't like 1911s. at all. They're way too fussy and if you don't baby them as far as maintenance, they don't shoot sometimes.

i hate .357 mag. hate it. Not because i don't like the performance of the round, but because every time i'm around one when its fired,even w hearing protection, the high-pitched crack of that fucker makes me want to dig my eardrums out with a BBQ skewer so i'll never have to hear that shit again. I can't even imagine firing one of those things indoors without hearing protection (y'know, like you would in a self-defense situation?) i'd rather just be murdered.

The Dude

My dad says that's for pussies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I used to have an old model Vaquero Bisley. It was stainless in .45lc with a 5.5" barrel. I miss that gun. It was smooth as butter.

.357 is actually one of my all time favorite calibers. I used to have a Smith and Wesson 627Performance Center and it used to be my carry gun. You think a Ruger Vaq is a heavy gun to carry? The 627 is the same frame as the 629 .44 Mag, but an 8 round .357 Mag.

As far as the 1911, I have never had a problem with them. STI has one of their high-cap 2011s in 10mm Auto that I want to get. With the hot loads from Double Tap you get a round that out performs the .357 mag in an auto loader with a 17 round capacity with the accuracy of a 1911 race gun.

My next go-to sidearms are going to be an FN FNX45 Tactical and a SIG P226 TacOps.

Some JERK

Takin' all the pretty girls.
kiwifarms.net

The Dude said:
I used to have an old model Vaquero Bisley. It was stainless in .45lc with a 5.5" barrel. I miss that gun. It was smooth as butter.
That's mine exactly. I agree, it's an awesome weapon and every time i even consider parting with it i look around at everyone who says exactly what you did; that they miss having it.

I don't like the regular Vaqs. The Grips are too small and the hammer is too high and narrow for me to get a hold of right. I'm glad i got mine before they went to the "new" style because you can't shoot hot-loads out of those, and i'm not at all interested in CAS. I had to have some wolf springs put in, because it was a little hard for me to operate the hammer one-handed. (i have somewhat small hands)

The Dude said:
.357 is actually one of my all time favorite calibers. I used to have a Smith and Wesson 627Performance Center and it used to be my carry gun. You think a Ruger Vaq is a heavy gun to carry? The 627 is the same frame as the 629 .44 Mag, but an 8 round .357 Mag.
i really wish i didn't hate the sound of .357 mag so much. performance-wise it's awesome and you can run .38 special for practice. I'd get a 686+p in a heartbeat if i could. Or a python, but who the hell can afford (or even find) one of those?

The Dude said:
My next go-to sidearms are going to be an FN FNX45 Tactical and a SIG P226 TacOps.
Sig makes awesome stuff. I've always wanted a 226 or 229.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino