Mega Rad Gun Thread -

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Maintenance is concluded.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've had friends who seriously knew guns, so I know enough about guns to realize I don't know a goddamn thing about guns and would probably shoot myself accidentally twice and have it blow up in my hand before I got it even pointed at an intruder.
I've got some "bats with nails" type bludgeoning things and some dumb mall ninja swords instead.

J A N D E K

i am One of the Famous International GoodBOYS
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Grab a Browning Hi Power. They are out of production now and what is currently in stock with dealers in the last of ‘em.

• Informative
Reactions: Syaoran Li

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
I have a Chileno Modelo 1895 Mauser carabinero/artillery mosqueton in the back of my vehicle with a leather bandoleer carrying 12 x 5-round stripper clips. It's antique firearm, so no FFL, no papers, nothing. And the state law says you can drive around in vehicle with unregistered long arms in back.

Silas

Sensitivity Expert
kiwifarms.net
For the hell of it I picked up some subsonic .22lr and took my suppressed AR SBR to the range with a 16" upper on and it was quiet as a BB gun. I like that a lot.

Just don't want to shoot a lot of .22 through my Saker since it doesn't break down

EurocopterTigre

S-s-stop staring at my tail rotor baka~
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the hell of it I picked up some subsonic .22lr and took my suppressed AR SBR to the range with a 16" upper on and it was quiet as a BB gun. I like that a lot.

Just don't want to shoot a lot of .22 through my Saker since it doesn't break down
Subsonic .22LR is pretty nice, I just wish it reliably cycled through semi-automatics.

Duke Nukem

Dimensional Merge Welcoming Party #1218C197
kiwifarms.net
So, as of today I own two guns. Already got a Ruger 10/22 carbine last year, and now I own a Raven MP-25.

Got it at a pawn shop for under $40 in fairly good condition given its age and manufacturing quality.

It's nickel-plated with the iconic fake pearl grips, I bought it mainly as a curio and for nostalgia reasons. My Dad owned a Raven MP-25 when I was a kid, although the one he owned had the wood-looking grips.

I doubt I'll be firing it any time soon, seeing as it's probably older than I am and was considered a low-end Saturday Night Special even back in the 80's and 90's when it was still in production.

But it's a nice little keepsake for the price that I paid.
Reminds me of Taxi Driver, Robert DeNiro had a similar model hidden on a quick draw jig he made for one of the action scenes in the movie.

I just bought so much black powder that I also had to buy a new fire proof safe to store it. Life is good.
Great, now I want to buy a functioning Civil War kinda cannon. LOL that's probably the only way you're gonna be able to use it all.

As for me, I just made a few orders for different components. Found a decent AR-15 A2 upper online for a good price, and am adding a chrome bolt carrier group and melonite gas tube to it. Also assembling a 9mm Polymer 80 with Glock 34 slide and compatible parts.

I'm thinking of building a G3/CETME Model C clone as a summer project.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

MembersSchoolPizza

kiwifarms.net
I'd love to do an AK-47 build, probably with a lot of PSA parts, but I have such a poor track record of DIY gunsmithing that I hate to invest money into a project I fear will never turn out to my satisfaction.

The Dude

My dad says that's for pussies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We bought a house last year and I recently got a promotion with much better pay, so Mrs. Dude says I can start buying guns again. I've been wanting a Wildey since I was a little kid and I think it's finally time I got one. It's been kind of a bucket list item for me. They recently went back into production a couple years ago and the company that's making them had worked hard at fixing many of the issues with the design. It's mostly going to be one of the few fun oddities in my collection that I'll take to the range and camping for bear/cougar protection. I plan on ordering it with two barrels, a 10" barrel chambered in .475 Wildey Magnum and an 8" barrel in .45 WinMag. I was considering getting a Fostech Origin 12, but they're backlogged 8 months or so, and I'm not waiting the better part if a year for a fucking shotgun. The Wildey is about a 4 month wait, which is reasonable for something I've wanted most my life.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't name my guns because frankly, I'm not a puss. I do cry and talk about my feelings to my dogs on a daily basis, though.

So yeah, guys, post your guns, talk about guns, just don't mention the FAMAS or else I'll revoke your general access.
I really, really want another .357 revolver. last one I had, had so much muzzle lift it was crazy, I'm still actively looking for a new one. I do name em.

I've also had my eyes peeled for a Ruger pistol. I'd like to add an mkii to my mk collection.

We bought a house last year and I recently got a promotion with much better pay, so Mrs. Dude says I can start buying guns again. I've been wanting a Wildey since I was a little kid and I think it's finally time I got one. It's been kind of a bucket list item for me. They recently went back into production a couple years ago and the company that's making them had worked hard at fixing many of the issues with the design. It's mostly going to be one of the few fun oddities in my collection that I'll take to the range and camping for bear/cougar protection. I plan on ordering it with two barrels, a 10" barrel chambered in .475 Wildey Magnum and an 8" barrel in .45 WinMag. I was considering getting a Fostech Origin 12, but they're backlogged 8 months or so, and I'm not waiting the better part if a year for a fucking shotgun. The Wildey is about a 4 month wait, which is reasonable for something I've wanted mo
View attachment 755074
that's beautiful

The Dude

My dad says that's for pussies.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I really, really want another .357 revolver. last one I had, had so much muzzle lift it was crazy, I'm still actively looking for a new one. I do name em.

I've also had my eyes peeled for a Ruger pistol. I'd like to add an mkii to my mk collection.

that's beautiful
I had a Smith and Wesson Model 28 from 1956 that was in immaculate condition. If it had 100 rounds fired through it during its life I would have been surprised. You had to angle it in the light just to see the wear line from the cylinder rotation. It had a 4" barrel, Magna grips, thin trigger, narrow hammer spur, and black sights (no orange insert in the front sight or white outline on the rear sight like the target sights) which usually means it's more of a chore to shoot, but it was the nicest shooting revolver I ever shot. Even better than my slicked up and tuned S&W 627 Performance Center. I really regret selling my big S&W magnums, but I needed the money. Eventually I will get another Model 28 and Model 57.

cuddle striker

please wait what is your genotype
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
We bought a house last year and I recently got a promotion with much better pay, so Mrs. Dude says I can start buying guns again. I've been wanting a Wildey since I was a little kid and I think it's finally time I got one. It's been kind of a bucket list item for me. They recently went back into production a couple years ago and the company that's making them had worked hard at fixing many of the issues with the design. It's mostly going to be one of the few fun oddities in my collection that I'll take to the range and camping for bear/cougar protection. I plan on ordering it with two barrels, a 10" barrel chambered in .475 Wildey Magnum and an 8" barrel in .45 WinMag. I was considering getting a Fostech Origin 12, but they're backlogged 8 months or so, and I'm not waiting the better part if a year for a fucking shotgun. The Wildey is about a 4 month wait, which is reasonable for something I've wanted most my life.
View attachment 755074
View attachment 755077View attachment 755078
I had a Smith and Wesson Model 28 from 1956 that was in immaculate condition. If it had 100 rounds fired through it during its life I would have been surprised. You had to angle it in the light just to see the wear line from the cylinder rotation. It had a 4" barrel, Magna grips, thin trigger, narrow hammer spur, and black sights (no orange insert in the front sight or white outline on the rear sight like the target sights) which usually means it's more of a chore to shoot, but it was the nicest shooting revolver I ever shot. Even better than my slicked up and tuned S&W 627 Performance Center. I really regret selling my big S&W magnums, but I needed the money. Eventually I will get another Model 28 and Model 57.
yeah mine was a s&w, thing kicked up to the right and no amount of stance helped. my .38 has the black sights but they don't bother me any, I figure snubs are for close range anyway. whites of the eyes and all that. that sounds like it was a great revolver though.

I got myself a wwii era pea shooter, a .25, it needed a lot of love but it is great. a pocket gun for campouts, a critter weapon. if I'm not in cougar/bear county it's what I bring.

• Feels
Reactions: The Ghost of ODB

Damocles_Sword

Shovelmech Pilot
kiwifarms.net
Ah, the wonder nines. I have a CZ-75 SP01 and it's the dirtiest shooting gun i've ever shot. After 150 rounds I had powder on my wrist from the slide and my trigger finger was nearly black. Damn accurate and great ergo, though. Thing also weight 3lbs loaded.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino