Off-Topic Meowmix complaint jar - I don't have an opinion on Meowmix, I just want to help unclutter the main thread.

Is Yaniv going to cough up the $220 for the lolsuit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bowl of Ramen

Oodles of Noodles
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, the food itself is trash. But it’s like crack to cats. I tried to get my girl on some more upscale stuff, but she turned her nose up at it. But wanna know a real source of cat crack? Friskies Party Mix. They have lobster mac and chicken & waffles flavors - my cat turns into Tyrone Biggums over that shit.

The Meow Mix theme was the very first song I learned to play on piano, FWIW.

Rewire Tea

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, the food itself is trash. But it’s like crack to cats. I tried to get my girl on some more upscale stuff, but she turned her nose up at it.
Few years ago, one of my cats stopped eating and we didn't catch on until she developed hepatic lipidosis (because the other cat in the house acts like a four-legged roomba).

While she was recovering, we tried everything to get her to eat. Regular canned food? Tuna? Her usual favourite kibble? Prescription wet food that cost $4/can from the vet, specifically for sick pets? She wasn't touching any of it.

The bag of meow mix I bought from a convenience store out of desperation? She chewed a hole into the bag trying to get at it, the finicky little beast.

Sofonda Cox

Tired.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Meow Mix is absolute trash, high in ash, bad for kidneys. Beyond an emergency, do not consume, or allow any feline to consume.
It's like if you lived on McDonald's, but even worse. It has not one redeeming quality.

I personally recommend Tiki Cat brand, both wet and dry, plus a source of clean running water available at all times. ♥

P.S - in case it isn't evident, your desires are meaningless. I'm sorry.

Attachments

Sourceress

chaotic neutral
kiwifarms.net
Meow Mix is absolute trash, high in ash, bad for kidneys. Beyond an emergency, do not consume, or allow any feline to consume.
It's like if you lived on McDonald's, but even worse. It has not one redeeming quality.

I personally recommend Tiki Cat brand, both wet and dry, plus a source of clean running water available at all times. ♥

P.S - in case it isn't evident, your desires are meaningless. I'm sorry.
Tiki Cat is good stuff! Just so expensive, though. Just be careful about that much protein, I know it can cause problems with male cats especially sometimes. (/cat nerd)

Personal picks: Solid Gold (Winged Tiger variety) dry food, Earthborn Holistic and Whole Earth Farms wet food. Really good quality cat food that won't completely break the bank. We rotate brands quite a bit though, because my cats are picky little shits and they won't eat the same thing for too long.

And if all you can afford are grocery store options, there are pretty decent picks there these days, too. Purina Beyond (grain free varieties only) is pretty good, for example - not perfect, but much cheaper than special order options and it won't put your cat in an early grave. You can always do better than Meow Mix. Or, god forbid, Fancy Feast.

artilleryfroth

kiwifarms.net
P
Tiki Cat is good stuff! Just so expensive, though. Just be careful about that much protein, I know it can cause problems with male cats especially sometimes. (/cat nerd)

Personal picks: Solid Gold (Winged Tiger variety) dry food, Earthborn Holistic and Whole Earth Farms wet food. Really good quality cat food that won't completely break the bank. We rotate brands quite a bit though, because my cats are picky little shits and they won't eat the same thing for too long.

And if all you can afford are grocery store options, there are pretty decent picks there these days, too. Purina Beyond (grain free varieties only) is pretty good, for example - not perfect, but much cheaper than special order options and it won't put your cat in an early grave. You can always do better than Meow Mix. Or, god forbid, Fancy Feast.
Purina grain free definitely makes my kids’ cat do less smelly farts. Never heard of Meow Mix where I live, sounds like not missing much.

Rewire Tea

kiwifarms.net
My cats have only had it once, because I needed the sick one to eat something and she loves the cheap, junky food that's full of corn.

Solid Gold or Tiki Cat are great, and if you're strapped for cash, even Purina Beyond or brands like it. My cats love the Costco (Kirkland) brand food.

The Un-Clit

After the Dimensional Merge, pussy eats YOU!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, not sure this really needed to be a thread.

MM does a great job archiving everything, if they sometimes go over the top a little, well, Yaniv IS a scumfuck so I think it's forgivable as long as it isn't all the time. And it hasn't been, except the very earliest days. As @Bowl of Ramen noted, there was a concern that if the 'Sara' character was a MM gay-op, it had the potential to do far more harm then good. Meow Mix confirmed it was not their gay-op, case closed.

I am pretty sure Meow Mix will not post any more guesses or opinions as 'facts' in the future, and they haven't for a long time.

As for the cat 'food' itself, it's fucking garbage no matter how cute their jingle is. The only cat I knew exclusively fed this corn-based crap blew up to become so fat it actually broke a leg jumping down from a counter. After this it got so lazy and piggy it would just find wherever the owners stashed the cat food, tear the bag open, lay with his head inside and feed. Cats are meat-eaters. NEVER subject them to garbage like this made of grains and a tiny amount of meat byproduct for taste.

Last edited:

Sourceress

chaotic neutral
kiwifarms.net
Purina grain free definitely makes my kids’ cat do less smelly farts. Never heard of Meow Mix where I live, sounds like not missing much.
It's good stuff, our cats ate it a lot when we were going through some stuff and didn't have a ton of money. For similar cost, Tiny Tiger (I think only available through Chewy) is very good too. 😀

BATHMETHAMPHETAMINE

The damned were crammed into a carriage
kiwifarms.net
Can't say of quality since that isn't sold here, but I got old cat who sometimes tends to fart if I try to pick him up and squeeze him and think that wouldn't do little stinker too much good, he already eats imho too much dry food.

But seriously talking, I generally like the site, it is good place to get newest info without faggots fighting about some off topic shit (tho to be fair MM is too a bit guilty of that when occasionally going on tirades on all nonsense), but I kind of hoped the site didn't take itself so god damn seriously at times, blow stuff out of proportions or give platform for literally every attention whore who approaches Yaniv. Focus on the good stuff, go to the point, less tirades or any plots to get Yaniv that idiot with screw himself on his own.

artilleryfroth

kiwifarms.net
What even is this thread?

What is 'meow-mix' a reference to? If it's not a reference, why are people talking about Meowmix in the first place?
I’ll assume this is a genuine question.
There’s a site dedicated to documenting Yaniv (google meow mix Yaniv).
There’s also apparently a shitty cat food brand called Meow Mix.
Peeps are discussing whether the meow mix Yaniv site is good or not, ditto with the cat food.

dinoman

cat lives matter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I’ll assume this is a genuine question.
There’s a site dedicated to documenting Yaniv (google meow mix Yaniv).
There’s also apparently a shitty cat food brand called Meow Mix.
Peeps are discussing whether the meow mix Yaniv site is good or not, ditto with the cat food.
Ah, I see, thank you.

Reactions: artilleryfroth

Bowl of Ramen

Oodles of Noodles
kiwifarms.net
This photo genuinely unnerves me. It’s objectively ugly - the physique of the subject, the inner and outer disposition of the subject, the grotesque hand gesture, the person behind the camera; it’s ugly. We throw that word around thoughtlessly a lot, i.e., those shoes are ugly, that house is ugly, so forth. But it’s really a hefty word, and no other word befits this particular image. This is the very definition of ugly.

Tags
None