Disaster Met Police propose licences for deadly Rambo knives amid concerns growing number are being used in stabbings -

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't they hail from the general India/Nepal region? My guess is spicy curry is their jam and it makes me curious to try it.
Funny thing is that chili peppers are a new world genus. Indian cuisine wasn't really spicy in that way until after the Columbian exchange. (There was still ginger spiciness, but that's a different kind of spiciness.)

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Funny thing is that chili peppers are a new world genus. Indian cuisine wasn't really spicy in that way until after the Columbian exchange. (There was still ginger spiciness, but that's a different kind of spiciness.)
Ginger's somewhere in between chili peppers and horseradish in the way it burns. Doesn't linger as long as chili pepper but isn't the BAM-nostrilscleared-gone fire of horseradish.

ForTheHoard

Mocha Butt Fleshlight
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
to be fair, some knifes should be outlawed, they are not made for selfdefense but to make wounds that cant be fixed.
I recall seeing an ad in a gun magazine for a spike like knife that was being advertised as the best combat knife ever made. They offered some grand prize for the first person that could provide proof of getting a kill with it in combat. It made me regret not signing up for infantry.

EasyPeasy

Oh Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Robinson
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oi Brits ave' you got a loicence for that cheese grater? :lol:
Not a cheese grater, Potato Peelers are an offensive weapon...

A MAN ended up behind bars after being found in a Dunfermline street with an offensive weapon, a potato peeler.

Last edited:

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
to be fair, some knifes should be outlawed, they are not made for selfdefense but to make wounds that cant be fixed.
Also, serious question: what are they if this isn't a tranny joke?
I want in on this cool mutilation action :evil:

Antique Rice

kiwifarms.net
Also, serious question: what are they if this isn't a tranny joke?
I want in on this cool mutilation action :evil:
Probably those weird three-edged knives that are allegedly a nightmare to stitch up after, but I don't think I've ever heard of one being used that wasn't on some "top 1000 most AWESOME/HEINOUS WEAPONS" list, so I've no idea how legit that is.

I'm more concerned that what counts as a "zombie knife" seems to be so incredibly broad that this proposal has to be just an excuse to tack on extra charges to any knife carried by anyone ever.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They do this every so often, make a song and dance about Getting Tough On People Carrying Knives, but it doesn't work. See, all the mandatory minimum sentencing for knife-wielders and banning specific types of knives or rambo loicenses does nothing if the police are precluded from actually enforcing it by the PC brigade. There is one thing that will reduce knife crime and gun crime and so forth, and has been proven to, and that is using the stop and search powers they already have. But they are discouraged from it because the powers that be are terrified of being accused of racism. From the point of view of your average Chief Constable, if crime goes up in your area, you will not lose your job, but if your force is branded institutionally racist or someone is accused of racism on your watch, you may well be fired.

That, and going and pounding the pavements and questioning yoofs acting suspiciously requires effort (and produces an absolutely astounding quantity of paperwork), but ringing people up over hurty tweets to check their thinking is low effort and an easy win.

If I can find it I'll post a story I read a while back about this sort of thing.

As regards the paperwork issue, I did a stint as an in house lawyer for [area] Police a while back and one person who was driving with no registration plate issued a lolsuit for being pulled over and subsequently discovered not to have insurance or tax either, claiming wrongful arrest. Now this is an in and out, frankly. The officer clearly had reason to believe an offence was committed and had every right to then check for these things. Frankly I should have been able to sort this by having a word with the officer in question, throwing together a Defence, and then applying for summary judgement. But no. That would be too easy. Instead I had to set up a formal meeting, go through his notebook, ask him all sorts of crap about why he saw fit to escalate the situation, and generally produce tons upon tons of paperwork where I talked about it rather than getting on with and doing it.

The joke about dual-wielding biros from Hot Fuzz is real. And not a joke.

EDIT:

Probably those weird three-edged knives that are allegedly a nightmare to stitch up after, but I don't think I've ever heard of one being used that wasn't on some "top 1000 most AWESOME/HEINOUS WEAPONS" list, so I've no idea how legit that is.

I'm more concerned that what counts as a "zombie knife" seems to be so incredibly broad that this proposal has to be just an excuse to tack on extra charges to any knife carried by anyone ever.

View attachment 756296
That's the sort of impractical knife that only ever gets sold to Walter Mitty characters. How in the name of buggery can you cut anything with that???

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino