Disaster Met Police propose licences for deadly Rambo knives amid concerns growing number are being used in stabbings -

Kyria the Great

kiwifarms.net
Kind of a common feature of governments in general, I think, because this perpetuates their existence even further by justifying numerous positions in civil service. The beast is feeding itself, basically.
Reasons I tend to hate big government and big business. Both will become so bloated and useless that only power being more locally can help solve the problem.

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
I wonder what Brits feel from being the empire it once was to now being so gay you can't buy a knife without a license. You guys are lucky WWII didn't happen in this century, the Germans would probably be welcomed by libtards for some reason just like they welcome those filthy muzzies.

These guys have no fucking clue what they're talking about. Most actual survival knives are 5" or less. Powerlevel, but I carry an older hickory handled kitchen knife with me for camping. It's full tang and is a carbon blade, as opposed to stainless. Wicked sharp. If I stabbed you in the stomach, it would do no less damage than a similar "survival" or fighting knife. It just doesn't have as much thickness in the spine, which is more for utility use in survival or fighting knives -- such as using it for batoning wood or as a pry tool.
I honestly would not want to get stabbed by a Mora knife but my cleaver I used to chop up big hunks of meat would do way more damage. I mean holy shit I call it a knife hatchet given how big and heavy it is. Oh and I love carbon over stainless. So much better.

I honestly thought they were talking about those shitty knives that the "tang" is literally a nut and washer. Those things are pure shit.

Now a Glock field knife or say the m9 bayonet the military uses, yeah, you have a real problem there. Though the latter is the one designed to be used for fighting.

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Smaug's Smokey Hole

don't step on me
kiwifarms.net
I honestly would not want to get stabbed by a Mora knife but my cleaver I used to chop up big hunks of meat would do way more damage. I mean holy shit I call it a knife hatchet given how big and heavy it is. Oh and I love carbon over stainless. So much better.
The thing that separates the Mora, knives similar to it and most kitchen knives is that they don't have a hand guard. They're for cutting not stabbing, stabbing hard with those would lead to the hand running down the handle and down the blade. Gnarly. That's the big difference between stabby knives and slashy knives.

(the butterfly/balisong doesn't have a hand guard but it's closely associated with escrima and they like slashing/cutting)

Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Maxliam

Professional Niggo
kiwifarms.net
The thing that separates the More and many kitchen knives is that they don't have a hand guard. They're for cutting not stabbing, stabbing hard with those would lead to the hand running down the handle and down the blade. Gnarly. That's the big difference between stabby knives and slashy knives.

(the butterfly/balisong doesn't have a hand guard but it's closely associated with escrima and they like slashing/cutting)
True but the person stabbing you might not know that. hence why knives meant to stick into people has the handguard/crossguard whatever it's called.

EasyPeasy

We are all Tommy Robinson
kiwifarms.net
I wonder what Brits feel from being the empire it once was to now being so gay you can't buy a knife without a license. You guys are lucky WWII didn't happen in this century, the Germans would probably be welcomed by libtards for some reason just like they welcome those filthy muzzies.
You do realise the Met Police are a territorial police force responsible for law enforcement only in London, which is not considered part of the UK any more by us true Brits.

Last edited:

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
They do this every so often, make a song and dance about Getting Tough On People Carrying Knives, but it doesn't work. See, all the mandatory minimum sentencing for knife-wielders and banning specific types of knives or rambo loicenses does nothing if the police are precluded from actually enforcing it by the PC brigade. There is one thing that will reduce knife crime and gun crime and so forth, and has been proven to, and that is using the stop and search powers they already have. But they are discouraged from it because the powers that be are terrified of being accused of racism. From the point of view of your average Chief Constable, if crime goes up in your area, you will not lose your job, but if your force is branded institutionally racist or someone is accused of racism on your watch, you may well be fired.
Exactly my thought. Banning these knives doesn't stop the thuggery from getting them, but actually policing the people using the knives for violent crime just gets you called racist so they cuck out and don't do anything about it. This kind of legislation is just there to make some politicians and lobbyists look like good guys and get credit.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Imagine wanting to ban sharp metal and thinking it'll keep us safe.
Its not to keep anybody safe, those knifes are designed to make ugly wounds, thats just evil and has nothing to do with selfdefense or hunting.
I dont have a problem if you carry a long knife, a sword or a trebuchet for selfdefense, just make sure your weapons are not designed to make a person or animal suffer more than needed.

The extra bad knives in question are the triangular bladed ones, made to be impossible to stitch up. Makes a kind of sense in a war of attrition mindset, not in self defense. But I wouldn't trust a government to understand that or apply the distinction logically.

Reactions: Sīn the Moon Daddy

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
The extra bad knives in question are the triangular bladed ones, made to be impossible to stitch up. Makes a kind of sense in a war of attrition mindset, not in self defense. But I wouldn't trust a government to understand that or apply the distinction logically.
thats something different, but there is an easy solution, just outlaw every knife that would be illegal to be used in a war.

• Dumb
Reactions: Vorpal Blade

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's not entirely true. You can do a purse-string suture through the flaps, or just excise the tissue in an oval around the wound and all of a sudden it's a common or garden surgical scar.

• Agree
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Coldgrip

Dragon Kick your ass into the Milky Way.
kiwifarms.net
Probably those weird three-edged knives that are allegedly a nightmare to stitch up after, but I don't think I've ever heard of one being used that wasn't on some "top 1000 most AWESOME/HEINOUS WEAPONS" list, so I've no idea how legit that is.
I think they're referring to this:

They were used in both world wars and from what I understand were the wounds would not heal properly.

• Informative
Reactions: Antique Rice

gun

What if You Had a Gun?
kiwifarms.net
be english in 2096
have all limbs torn off at birth and castrated for your own good, bones replaced with soft jelly
nanomachines regulate electrical signals between synapses to prevent all evil thought
impervious to peace truck attack since you just bounce away like a rubber ball

EasyPeasy

We are all Tommy Robinson
kiwifarms.net
Can't wait to see how many niggers got stabbed to death this weekend, ethnic cleansing themselves so we don't have to get our hands dirty.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino