Metal Gear -

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Much as I enjoyed MGS V, the lack of fights between African PMCs in Angola and the lack of conflict between the Soviet and Mujhaadiens beyond one or two mentions in missions gave off the idea of what could have been. Motherbase was pretty much a boring slog to go through beyond needing to take a shower and doing some shooting range missions.

MGS3 really was one of the better games in the series since it managed to take the game further in having you go through the wilderness before you could go through indoor environments. MGS4 also made stealth something of a joke for me since by the time you reach the final area of the game, you could just equip your best gun and go crazy on the FROGS as you try to make your way through.
I mean beating up your soldiers (which somehow raises morale) was also an amazingly enjoyable activity

The handsome tard

So I scoop out his eyeballs with the spoon...
kiwifarms.net
You know, I realized something about the metal gear series that wasnt quite well...talked about.

Assuming Big Boss "wins" at the end, say he builds his nation of soldiers, Outer Heaven....

How the fuck he intends it to work? Now, yes, Outer Heaven will be filled with soldiers capable of defending it (unless that person is Solid Snake) but how about political relations? Big Boss aint a politician and as the leader of the nation, you would think he would need at least someone with reasonable capacity to work things out like trade and diplomatic relations (cant solve everything with violence). He would have a metal gear to keep his enemies at bay but sooner or later, something would happen on the inside that would lead to unrest within the units, especially when it got big enough.

Dont even get me started when they started introducing nanomachines and cyborg ninjas into the mix. One of the desperados can easily swipe most of Outer Heaven, only Big Boss would be able to take them out with a lot of prep time.

When you truly begin thinking about it, Outer Heaven was doomed from the start, question is, did Big Boss knew it was or he was so delusioned with the concept of a Modern Age Sparta that he just "didnt think about it" ?

If Outer Heaven came to exist, it would crumble down sooner or later, hell, it would no doubt crumble when Big Boss died of old age since no one would be good enough to take the title.

Duncan Hills Coffee

Awakes you from a thousand deaths
kiwifarms.net
You know, I realized something about the metal gear series that wasnt quite well...talked about.

Assuming Big Boss "wins" at the end, say he builds his nation of soldiers, Outer Heaven....

How the fuck he intends it to work? Now, yes, Outer Heaven will be filled with soldiers capable of defending it (unless that person is Solid Snake) but how about political relations? Big Boss aint a politician and as the leader of the nation, you would think he would need at least someone with reasonable capacity to work things out like trade and diplomatic relations (cant solve everything with violence). He would have a metal gear to keep his enemies at bay but sooner or later, something would happen on the inside that would lead to unrest within the units, especially when it got big enough.

Dont even get me started when they started introducing nanomachines and cyborg ninjas into the mix. One of the desperados can easily swipe most of Outer Heaven, only Big Boss would be able to take them out with a lot of prep time.

When you truly begin thinking about it, Outer Heaven was doomed from the start, question is, did Big Boss knew it was or he was so delusioned with the concept of a Modern Age Sparta that he just "didnt think about it" ?

If Outer Heaven came to exist, it would crumble down sooner or later, hell, it would no doubt crumble when Big Boss died of old age since no one would be good enough to take the title.
I sort of imagined it in the same way Liquid described it in MGS1 and a far less complicated version of the war economy in MGS4. It wasn't so much a nation as it is a world where soldiers would always be able to fight, and to that end the world would always be in perpetual war. I bring up the war economy because at the end of the day the proxy wars were tightly controlled and not actual conflicts. Think of the war economy without the control; it becomes a world where only the strong survive.

Outer Heaven is a nation, but I always saw Big Boss' plan as extending that to the entire world, which is why he needed Metal Gear to tear down the systems in place so that war could replace them. Things like trade and diplomatic relationships weren't important to him; all that mattered was that people would fight for what they believed in.

Of course, in practice none of this would work. Big Boss was extremely idealistic about a world in constant warfare, and the reality of such a world is sort of shown in MGS4.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
I sort of imagined it in the same way Liquid described it in MGS1 and a far less complicated version of the war economy in MGS4. It wasn't so much a nation as it is a world where soldiers would always be able to fight, and to that end the world would always be in perpetual war. I bring up the war economy because at the end of the day the proxy wars were tightly controlled and not actual conflicts. Think of the war economy without the control; it becomes a world where only the strong survive.

Outer Heaven is a nation, but I always saw Big Boss' plan as extending that to the entire world, which is why he needed Metal Gear to tear down the systems in place so that war could replace them. Things like trade and diplomatic relationships weren't important to him; all that mattered was that people would fight for what they believed in.

Of course, in practice none of this would work. Big Boss was extremely idealistic about a world in constant warfare, and the reality of such a world is sort of shown in MGS4.
You would think at SOME point someone smart within their ranks would stop and ask how he thinks Outer Heaven would work if it all goes as according to plan and the Patriots were out of the question. Maybe Kaz since he knew when to call the Boss out on his bullshit (especially when he began to add child soldiers and left everyone with a crazy decoy in charge while he went solo), the rest seemed too busy to lick his boots to actually question him. Or that Big Boss would know that the world cant survive on violence and war alone.

Or maybe that was the whole point, Big Boss is "cool" until you slowly realize he is just as insane as he was in MG 1 and 2, he just used to be far more likable.

Edit to avoid double posting.

Here is more to my thoughts.

Am I the only one who realizes what a scary ending MGS 5 has?

Its the reverse MGS 2 ending.

MGS 5- Turns out you arent big boss but a pawn that big boss managed to brainwash into being "him". Now he can sugar coat it, saying that you are him and he is you, that you are both big boss...but lets face the harsh truth, what he is basically saying that you are suppose to be his decoy incase one of you two has to die. So much for Big Boss's love for his men, right? He brainwashed one into taking a bullet for him when the time came, since I doubt Big Boss held his decoy on the same level of importance as himself, I dont see the real Big Boss facing Snake instead of his decoy. Big Boss imposed a new identity on a loyal man with a goal to use him in the future.

MGS 2- Solid Snake pretty much tells Raiden to go out there and build his own identity and that he chooses his own name and destiny. He freed him from the illusion set by the patriots and now Solidus was dead, he could set into the sunset with Rose, having no binds, no names to hold him down.

I guess this is one of the reasons I will always respect Solid Snake more than Big Boss.

It almost feel like the Big Boss trilogy (Snake Eater, Peace Walker and 5) were propaganda to make you think Big Boss was a misunderstood guy (its Kojima, of course there could be a hidden subtext in it) and MG 1/2 showed the true man (an old maniacal soldier that wants the world to suit his incapacity to live in the real world). Of course I could be wrong but still, that ending solidify his transition from John into Big Boss.

Last edited:

Duncan Hills Coffee

kiwifarms.net
It could have been the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night of the Metal Gear series, revitalizing a series by moving the gameplay from linear to free roaming, open world was a perfect fit for Metal Gear.
There is so much potential in an open-world stealth game that is sadly wasted with Phantom Pain

Imagine having to sneak around an open-world that is full of guards and secret areas. You're never safe; you have to be on the move constantly while making sure no one sees you. But at the same time, the wider map gives you better coverage and alternate means of escaping and infiltrating. And we do get glimpses of that sure, but in very small bursts since the world is unbelievably barren and enemies are ridiculously easy to bypass because of how large the map is.

And it sucks because what I imagined was basically Ground Zeroes but on a much larger scale. Ground Zeroes' map is small, but you never feel safe. There's always someone around the corner and there's always someone watching. I felt a much greater tension navigating Camp Omega than I ever did sneaking around Afghanistan or Africa.

The only times MGSV even hits this is in some of the missions where you have a base to sneak around in, but at that point why even have an open world? What's the point when the linear base missions are so much more fun to navigate?

Notgoodwithusernames

kiwifarms.net
There is so much potential in an open-world stealth game that is sadly wasted with Phantom Pain

Imagine having to sneak around an open-world that is full of guards and secret areas. You're never safe; you have to be on the move constantly while making sure no one sees you. But at the same time, the wider map gives you better coverage and alternate means of escaping and infiltrating. And we do get glimpses of that sure, but in very small bursts since the world is unbelievably barren and enemies are ridiculously easy to bypass because of how large the map is.

And it sucks because what I imagined was basically Ground Zeroes but on a much larger scale. Ground Zeroes' map is small, but you never feel safe. There's always someone around the corner and there's always someone watching. I felt a much greater tension navigating Camp Omega than I ever did sneaking around Afghanistan or Africa.

The only times MGSV even hits this is in some of the missions where you have a base to sneak around in, but at that point why even have an open world? What's the point when the linear base missions are so much more fun to navigate?
To me, the gameplay of MGSV is at its absolute best during base infiltrations. You have so many options from pure ghost to picking off the guards one by one like the predator to just blowing the place to kingdom come with a tank... unfortunately, the areas between the bases are spread way too thin. The areas just feel too lifeless

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
I want Meryl and Mei Ling to return.
Their stories were concluded in MGS4. Meryl is married to Joke character turned into pretty boy Johnny and Mei Ling is on a fucking boat.

Edit: Mei Ling was also serving as a target for DSP to make unironic racist jokes towards the chinese (and then claim he aint racist).

Last edited:

LonnieRohn

Buy my games
kiwifarms.net
It's possible that MGS5 will get two new DLCs soon
DLC 11 and 12, I wonder what it'll be?

Duncan Hills Coffee

kiwifarms.net
If it's not Chapter 3, I'm not interested.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It'll be cosmetic micro transactions for the five or so people that play online which is stupid because its beyond dead. I tried a few months ago and couldn't even find enough people to start a match.

Last edited:

Foltest

King of Termia and protector of Kfarms
kiwifarms.net
While we are sittng here, just to suffer from how they screwed everything up, there is still fanworks out there.
One of these is intrude n313 made by Mitchell Hammond. Animated video of the first metal gear.
Only one guy who is doing all of this.

Reactions: chocolategingerale

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I mean beating up your soldiers (which somehow raises morale) was also an amazingly enjoyable activity
One can't deny, you essentially press-gang Russians and Africans into your PMC and they get stockholm syndrome, swearing fealty to you over the USSR or whatever PMC they served.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
If it's not Chapter 3, I'm not interested.
If its not made by the Kojima Man, Im not interested.

While we are sittng here, just to suffer from how they screwed everything up, there is still fanworks out there.
One of these is intrude n313 made by Mitchell Hammond. Animated video of the first metal gear.
Only one guy who is doing all of this.
MGS 5 desperedly needed an epilogue chapter with an aged up (but still badass) Venom Snake sharing some final words with Big Boss and then setting off to face the "intruder threat" on suicide mission. Venom enters the room almost the same moment he enters.

Its Green Beret Solid Snake.

He knows his mission is to stall Snake how much is possible...but this is the man that took out on the best that Outer Heaven could offer, that man truly was the Son of Big Boss. But he hoped that he could pull off the impossible and defeat him with enough time to escape...He speaks the whole speech from the MSX original...and it begins.

Then we get into a boss fight that has us fighting Snake with all the guns he got during the MSX game, eventually going for rocket launchers. Each time we think we are getting closer to beat Snake, he is able to get away, recover and return better armed. All the while a modern remix of this plays

The final result is Venom getting tricked and hit almost point blank range by a rocket, launching him against the wall, leaving him barely alive. He and Snake exchange a few stares...and the green beret runs to escape.
Then maybe we get something like this

or this https://youtu.be/X6nr8ivmflA?t=453

We see Solid Snake and Big Boss leaving on different directions, both men with different thoughts and impacts on their minds over this. Roll Credits

I imagine the achievement is called "Full Circle"

Fuck now I want a remake of MG 1 and 2 to truly close the circle.

Foltest

King of Termia and protector of Kfarms
kiwifarms.net
I also want a remake of MG1 and 2. Both games are still good but you know that so much could be done with them if they were remade. More fleshed out content and story, better gameplay and puzzles that make sense (owl puzzle anyone?). I also want David Hayter again as Snake (I love you Kiefer but David is Snake) so I can hear him saying "Metal Gear?!" again.

The handsome tard

kiwifarms.net
I also want a remake of MG1 and 2. Both games are still good but you know that so much could be done with them if they were remade. More fleshed out content and story, better gameplay and puzzles that make sense (owl puzzle anyone?). I also want David Hayter again as Snake (I love you Kiefer but David is Snake) so I can hear him saying "Metal Gear?!" again.
If Konami wanted to get back on our good side, that would be a way to do it. Its a remake so you just have to add some stuff to expand the story,give the Fox engine it and they are settle.

...but lets face it, they wont.

It would be cool tho to see Big Boss telling Snake he is his father (since that never happened in any of the games and MGS just tells you to just go along with it).

• Feels
Reactions: Violence Jack

Notgoodwithusernames

kiwifarms.net
Mys solution: have David voice snake, Keifer voice venom, and Richard Doyle voice big boss (also Richard Doyle should have voiced "Ishamel")

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino