Metal Gear -

Megaroad 2012

FUCK IT UP, PIGFACE!
kiwifarms.net
MGS1 probably has the best gameplay to story difference for me and I get mad feels for it still thanks to nostalgia. At the time, at least to my 11 year old console peasant brain it was mind blowing to play a crazy anime hollywood movie.

MGS2 was a game I hated at first because I expected more of the same and got mocked for it. Grew to love it though the older and wiser I got.

I couldn't enjoy Snake Eater until the update. I'm a bitch that couldn't work with the original camera, but otherwise it's good and I can see why most people love it.

MGS4 suffered from hype for me but when I marathoned the series in prep for Phantom Pain and to show my husband the series, I found myself really enjoying it.

Peace Walker benefited from being put on consoles.

Ground Zeroes got me mad psyched but Phantom Pain as a story was a kill joy.

Ghost Babel, Rising and Acid 2 are my favorites and ironically don't have any Kojima in them.

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
I couldn't enjoy Snake Eater until the update. I'm a bitch that couldn't work with the original camera, but otherwise it's good and I can see why most people love it.
Snake Eater probably has the steepest learning curve of the series especially if you've played MGS1 and MGS2 recently. unlike other games where you had the soliton radar a crutch the game t demands that you play close attention to your surroundings. Unfortunately, the original camera makes this incredibly difficult. It's amazing how something as small as a camera change can completely change the playability of the game.

MrJokerRager

I like me some nice big boobs
kiwifarms.net
I am surprised Konami had not released any pc ports of mgs2, mgs3 and mgs4 like they did for mgs1.

murgatroid

kiwifarms.net
I am surprised Konami had not released any pc ports of mgs2, mgs3 and mgs4 like they did for mgs1.
There is a PC port of Metal Gear Solid 2.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is one of the reasons I'm stuck with owning a PS3 forever. (Also Marvel vs Capcom origins). I know it's fan service by unabashedly love the game and it hits me right in the feels. I predict full emulation 2030.

Reactions: Marco Fucko

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Okay, aparently Konami just wants to sticks up at Kojima once again. They are releasing a new edition of MGS 5 called the "Demon Edition" and aparently they are going to alter and replace a lot of stuff from MGS 5 (I think have read that they wont even call it MGS 5, just MGS Demon Edition). And it seems they have done it to "distance themselves" even further from Kojima.
*sigh* Oh for Outer Heaven's sake...as if MGS 5 wasnt wrapped in controversity, a bunch of them thanks to Konami.
There is the chance that they will "complete" the game and give it a proper ending and epilogue (hopefully it ties up with the MSX game)
Again, I want to make it clear this is SUPPOSEDLY LEAKED, so before rating me dumb/autistic/lunatic whatever, be aware of what I just shown is possibly fake so take it with a DSP of salt.
But I wouldnt be surprised if it was...but we will see.
wasnt this leak confirmed to be false ages ago?

The handsome tard

Currently targeting Bill Gates, you are welcome!
kiwifarms.net
You know, people are saying that with REmake 2, that we could get a MGS 1 remake.
And Im actually really against the idea. Why? Simple, MGS 1 is a masterpiece, sure you can pick up flaws here and there (tho a lot of the tecnical ones are thanks to the PSX's limitations) but the presentation and plot? They have aged gracefully. Besides, there was a remake already called Twin Snakes and while that wasnt awful, it just felt like a micheal bay interpretation, with little of the subtle nature that made the original so iconic. RE 2 on the PSX could have used a remake indeed, because there are some aspects of it that didnt age well (tho the game overall is still great) but MGS just feels like something that doesnt need to be remaked (again).
What we could get is a MG 1 and MG 2 remake to tie the series together, especially since it almost feels like MGS 1 doesnt take on the same universe as the first two games (I know it was a soft reboot of sorts but still), mentioning things that either didnt happen or didnt go like Snake described them (like Big Boss saying he is David's father, that never happened, Gray Fox showing him the ropes, that never happened).

So yeah, MGS 1 is still a masterpiece that holds great even for today's standarts, there just doesnt seem to be any way you could improve it (unlike REmake 2 where they tried to make the plot more "realistic" ).

Mazinkaiser

kiwifarms.net
I've been going through the franchise for the first time in a while alongside some friends, and goddamn, does this series still hold up. Played the first one in one night with my buddies and we all loved it; I'm surprised it still feels as good as it does for a 22 year old game. 2 and 3 I finished at my place, with 2 being the definite better of the two. 3 was great but the delay on Snake's movements after certain actions, everything after the first Volgin fight and before the duel with the Boss is just a fucking slog, and the lack of difficulty kicked it down a notch.
4 is still my least favorite of the franchise because the shooting is ass and the plot isn't up to snuff, but Peace Walker came out swinging and became my new favorite. Co-Op Metal Gear is something V really fucking needed. V is obviously excellent all around.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
Besides, there was a remake already called Twin Snakes and while that wasnt awful, it just felt like a micheal bay interpretation, with little of the subtle nature that made the original so iconic.
They hired the Versus guy to direct the cinematics, that's why it felt like Versus scenes.

People should watch Versus, it's a good movie, but it does not mesh with metal gear it's more like Devil May Cry: The Movie, And No Budget.

Great game, I love Mr. Box. Psycho Mantis breaking the fourth wall going over your memory card content and messing around. I wish they would make the figures again that aren't expensive imports from Japan.

InvertedDickEnthusiast

Trans Inclusionary Radical Misogynist
kiwifarms.net
Peace Walker came out swinging and became my new favorite. Co-Op Metal Gear is something V really fucking needed.
This just reminds me of the biggest disappointment of V, it was marketed in all the promo material as essentially a big budget PW and they dropped the ball completely on any co-op. The MGO feature was shit too.

• Feels
Reactions: Duncan Hills Coffee

Duncan Hills Coffee

Oww, my byaaack
kiwifarms.net
This just reminds me of the biggest disappointment of V, it was marketed in all the promo material as essentially a big budget PW and they dropped the ball completely on any co-op. The MGO feature was shit too.
Not to mention all the story teasers that ended being literally the entire story of MGSV.

Peace Walker's story was...questionable but you can't say it wasn't complete.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
I finally got around to playing the MSX games and Snake Eater. so far I'd rank them like this:

Twin Snakes > Sons of Liberty > Metal Gear 1 > Snake Eater > Metal Gear 2

I think I went into Snake Eater with my expectations too high. It's good, but it didn't blow me away. It felt like a downgrade from the first two. The controls are awkward and the difficulty ranges from too easy to too tedious rather than actually challenging. there's a lot of tedium in this game compared to the first two. the story is predictable and feels like it's just there to move the gameplay and action along. I get that's it's supposed to be a fun action movie spy thriller sort of thing but outside of a few points it wasn't that memorable. even the end felt kinda cloying. why does the chinese spy care so much about the boss that she cries? I get why snake cries but why her? . All that said I still enjoyed it. I think I'll play Rising next. I know Rising follows directly from 4 but it looks too damn fun for me to wait on a decent ps3 emulator for 4.

Peace walker made big boss go from a goofwall and a weirdo to a mentally challenged exceptional individual with amnesia
now I dont wanna play peace walker and 5 so much. his goofball shit was my favorite part of 3.

Tags
None