Metals - Silver and Gold

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.

UnimportantFarmer

kiwifarms.net
I've also some Chinese Panda coin, which has nice detailing. Ebay coins also can be worn. Having a collection standard (if or whichever) coin seems another way to store a bit of value, but Ebay seems not the place for it - not discounting that there's some good traders there.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
I will never tell you were i hid my gold...
Wiener Philharmoniker are my go to coins, lowest premium around here and i can get them at a trustworthy place that doesnt keep any record of me.
mostly silver, gold when the price is good and i have enough money to invest.

nagant 1895

kiwifarms.net
I've also some Chinese Panda coin, which has nice detailing. Ebay coins also can be worn. Having a collection standard (if or whichever) coin seems another way to store a bit of value, but Ebay seems not the place for it - not discounting that there's some good traders there.
The Pandas and Perth Mint Lunar series are good long term buys whatever year is current because of the changing designs people like to "collect em all" and for some reason slants get really into hunting for specific years. A 2007 silver eagle is still basically just worth the same as a new one but a panda is going for like 60 bucks.

Rabidcolombian

kiwifarms.net
Ok gents, not to power level myself here, but silver stacking is a huge hobby of mine and I can talk for hours about it.

Instead of rambling on and on, I going to give all of you the quick and dirty advice to make it caveman level simple for you.

If you are in North America, just buy ASE's (American Silver Eagles) or Canadian Silver Maple Leafs. These are government backed coins, but are also .999 and .9999 (respectively) pure silver. This means virtually no junk metals are in these coins, and normies will trust them because of the government backing.

Any coin store or pawnshop will buy/sell these coins. Just Google these coins to get an idea of what a reasonable premium is, as it goes up and down constantly. DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY.

EBay is full of scammers, and unless you have the correct chemicals and/or magnets, you can't test the purity of any potential metals you buy at some "too good to be true" price.

Reputable (but a little expensive) online dealers include Silvertowne, JMbullion, Apmex, and the Pinehurst Coin Exchange.

If you are in Europe, just go with the Austrian Philharmonic coin...cant speak to the quality (or lack of quality) of online dealers over there though.

DO NOT BUY "German Silver". So called German Silver is not silver that comes from Germany, but is an alloy that is made from copper, nickel, and zinc. Its typically sold to scam you.

Good luck, have fun stacking coins.
Thanks for the info, but is this higher premium thing for silver with the current lower spot price (that's happening right now) normal?

I've been seeing how the price of silver is going down yet sellers are jacking up the premium to compensate? Is this shit normal for them to do? Been seeing in YouTube videos how they often do this shit :/

Godzilla1984

Skreeeonk!
kiwifarms.net
Thanks for the info, but is this higher premium thing for silver with the current lower spot price (that's happening right now) normal?

I've been seeing how the price of silver is going down yet sellers are jacking up the premium to compensate? Is this shit normal for them to do? Been seeing in YouTube videos how they often do this shit :/
Everyone is in scalping mode right now.

Horus

Rawdog is the lawdog.
kiwifarms.net

To be honest, everything is weird now.

Precious metals tend to have an inverse relationship with other financial assets such as stocks and mutual funds. Under normal market conditions, the spot price of these metals should have spiked as people move their securities into them. However, industrial demand for these metals has flatlined (no eletronics are being made in China right now) and the spot price has tanked.

Regarding sellers and their premiums right now, I don't believe this is normal. Most of the time, sellers operate on a razor thin profit margin despite having what looks like a high premium. As I said above though, the inverse relationship is not happening as normal, so I believe sellers are taking advantage, keeping their premiuems high, and making some extra for themselves.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
I've been hearing for a good two years now that Silver is supposed to jump in price but so far it seems it hasn't. Anyone know whether or not this is some urban legend bullshit like 20 Years To Fusion or if there are real reason this is gonna occur?

Reactions: Horus

Godzilla1984

Skreeeonk!
kiwifarms.net
I've been hearing for a good two years now that Silver is supposed to jump in price but so far it seems it hasn't. Anyone know whether or not this is some urban legend bullshit like 20 Years To Fusion or if there are real reason this is gonna occur?
Same bunch of "buy my book to learn the secrets of the markets to become rich" knobs say X, Y, Z will boom.

Rabidcolombian

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone think gold will go back to 1,200 like it was in 2017, 18 and 19? I want to play the waiting game, but haven't been in this long enough to recognize any patterns yet. If coronavirus makes a lasting impact for at least two years, is it possible it will never go back to that?

Horus

Rawdog is the lawdog.
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone think gold will go back to 1,200 like it was in 2017, 18 and 19? I want to play the waiting game, but haven't been in this long enough to recognize any patterns yet. If coronavirus makes a lasting impact for at least two years, is it possible it will never go back to that?
I don't think we can honestly tell until we get a real look at the long term damage to industrial demand and where the stock matket settles at.

Godzilla1984

Skreeeonk!
kiwifarms.net
The long and short of it is that things are way too volatile right now.
During panicking everything drags everything else down.
There's a bit of a lag before people remember that precious metals are the go to investment during trying times.
I'm thinking that gold is going to go gangbusters like after the 2008 crash the longer the Corona virus disruption goes on.

Godzilla1984

Skreeeonk!
kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to make a habit of posting charts.
Screenshot_1.png

I just wanted to do a two day experiment to show people how wild the swings are now.
I'd post my company's stock chart, but that'd be power leveling.
What I will say is that I work at a gold mine and the state of the market and geopolitics do have a bearing on my bottom line: me having a job.
I remember having the gold price live feed on during to 2012 gold boom and crash while I was at work.
Gold price, and by extension our stock price, was wild during that time.
I'm seeing it again with what's going on now.
Emotion > Logic right now, and I'm finding it absolutely hilarious.
Everyone's losing their minds on the price swings, and that's on top of Corona-chan's world tour.
Keep a cool head folks.
These are the times that real wealth is made.

rappaport

kiwifarms.net
The people who are calling gold 2000 and talking about how obvious it is precious metals will rally are talking about what should happen in theory. In the real world, major players manipulate the price through comex & the futures market. If their power has been broken by this short term crisis, or in the long term due to the bailouts we are already performing, then the price will react the way people expect. If this whole situation turns out to have been a planned operation for a reset of the financial system, and the current market makers are able to hold onto their control, then the price will continue to be suppressed and maybe we have a slow walk back to $13xx.

Reactions: Godzilla1984

silverngold

kiwifarms.net
For a while I was obsessed with reclaiming gold from old computer boards/processors.
I even found the recipe to make aqua regia which is one of the few solutions that will break down gold and other noble metals.
I saved up a bunch of shit to process and then never got to it.
I still have a shitload of stuff too, lol.
You have all of the chemicals and tools required from extraction to smelting, correct? How much did all of this cost?
Tweakers try to steal the copper wire out of construction sites around here sometimes.
Beyond that, my general theory is that once an asteroid is actually mined for it’s metals things will get fucked.
Perhaps with normal metals this would be inevitable, but if the gold standard were still in place, this would not be an issue. Gold rushes never impacted the economy in a way equivalent to fiat inflation. Inflation always remained under 1% while on the gold standard.
If you are in North America, just buy ASE's (American Silver Eagles) or Canadian Silver Maple Leafs. These are government backed coins, but are also .999 and .9999 (respectively) pure silver. This means virtually no junk metals are in these coins, and normies will trust them because of the government backing.

Reputable (but a little expensive) online dealers include Silvertowne, JMbullion, Apmex, and the Pinehurst Coin Exchange.
Seems like everyone is trying to capitalize on this crazy economy right now.
fucking ha.PNG

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You have all of the chemicals and tools required from extraction to smelting, correct? How much did all of this cost?
I'm missing one ingredient to make the aqua regia. I have the hydrochloric acid, but I still need the nitric acid. The problem is that stuff is tough to get ahold of and buying too much of it is sure to get you on some kind of list.

Plus it's highly recommended that you buy a vent hood as the fumes are highly toxic (which isn't cheap) and you'll need a shit ton of baking soda once you're done to neutralize the mixture in order to dispose of it safely.

What you up with after processing the parts multiple times is 99.999% pure gold dust, which you then need to melt into a brick of some kind. A long process and I've yet to gather all the materials to do it.

I may some day soon though as I won't have much better to do and a lot of free time with this virus shit.

Mr Himmler

Reichsminister für Arschlochbilder
kiwifarms.net
I'm missing one ingredient to make the aqua regia. I have the hydrochloric acid, but I still need the nitric acid. The problem is that stuff is tough to get ahold of and buying too much of it is sure to get you on some kind of list.

Plus it's highly recommended that you buy a vent hood as the fumes are highly toxic (which isn't cheap) and you'll need a shit ton of baking soda once you're done to neutralize the mixture in order to dispose of it safely.

What you up with after processing the parts multiple times is 99.999% pure gold dust, which you then need to melt into a brick of some kind. A long process and I've yet to gather all the materials to do it.

I may some day soon though as I won't have much better to do and a lot of free time with this virus shit.
If you make videos with the stuff like Nile Red then you would have a good, plausible story as to why you own these chemicals. Its completely legal and legitimate to own industrial chemicals for experimentation and education/entertainment purposes.

Of course from there you would need to figure out what videos you’re going to make that won’t put it out in the open you’re a gold hoarder. As for the fume hood, I can’t really help you there. A well ventilated room and facemask may be enough to protect you, but its still an inherent risk.

Tags
None