Metals - Silver and Gold

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
I've been hearing for a good two years now that Silver is supposed to jump in price but so far it seems it hasn't. Anyone know whether or not this is some urban legend bullshit like 20 Years To Fusion or if there are real reason this is gonna occur?
Silver and gold are normaly in a relation. but thats broken right now and silver is way to cheap compared to gold.

• Agree
Reactions: Godzilla1984

silverngold

kiwifarms.net
I'm missing one ingredient to make the aqua regia. I have the hydrochloric acid, but I still need the nitric acid. The problem is that stuff is tough to get ahold of and buying too much of it is sure to get you on some kind of list.

Plus it's highly recommended that you buy a vent hood as the fumes are highly toxic (which isn't cheap) and you'll need a shit ton of baking soda once you're done to neutralize the mixture in order to dispose of it safely.

What you up with after processing the parts multiple times is 99.999% pure gold dust, which you then need to melt into a brick of some kind. A long process and I've yet to gather all the materials to do it.

I may some day soon though as I won't have much better to do and a lot of free time with this virus shit.
If you make videos with the stuff like Nile Red then you would have a good, plausible story as to why you own these chemicals. Its completely legal and legitimate to own industrial chemicals for experimentation and education/entertainment purposes.

Of course from there you would need to figure out what videos you’re going to make that won’t put it out in the open you’re a gold hoarder. As for the fume hood, I can’t really help you there. A well ventilated room and facemask may be enough to protect you, but its still an inherent risk.
It certainly is an investment and will take time, but as I see it, extracting gold is not meant for direct, short-term profit. Saving gold is for either retirement or when the world goes to hell like it's headed now. It could very well take a decade or longer to accumulate all the supplies and equipment, as well as securing a cheap supply chain for electronic scraps, or less likely, jewelry. However, this is all made worth it when your finances are secure and everyone else are plastering barrels of money to the wall for the winter.

I think Mr. Himmler had a good point in that if you have a plausible backstory, you could potentially gather all of the necessary equipment quite easily. An ideal scenario would be a career in chemistry or another related science, essentially, to be a scientist. Rarely are scientists questioned for their wacky experiments, given they aren't building bombs haha.
Silver and gold are normaly in a relation. but thats broken right now and silver is way to cheap compared to gold.
Why do you think this is?

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I think Mr. Himmler had a good point in that if you have a plausible backstory, you could potentially gather all of the necessary equipment quite easily. An ideal scenario would be a career in chemistry or another related science, essentially, to be a scientist. Rarely are scientists questioned for their wacky experiments, given they aren't building bombs haha.
Isn't just extracting gold from old electronics components completely legal? Why would you need a cover story for it?

Un Platano

🐥🍌
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isn't just extracting gold from old electronics components completely legal? Why would you need a cover story for it?
One of the problems with it is that authorities will assume if you're doing this stuff with toxic chemicals and no accountability that you're not handling them properly. They're going to think you're dumping all of your toxic waste down the toilet or the street drains, because that's exactly what a lot of people doing backyard industrial reactions do and it's very illegal. Even if you're not doing that, you'll still put yourself and your local government through the hassle of investigating it.

Reactions: Rabidcolombian

silverngold

kiwifarms.net
One of the problems with it is that authorities will assume if you're doing this stuff with toxic chemicals and no accountability that you're not handling them properly. They're going to think you're dumping all of your toxic waste down the toilet or the street drains, because that's exactly what a lot of people doing backyard industrial reactions do and it's very illegal. Even if you're not doing that, you'll still put yourself and your local government through the hassle of investigating it.
The point, for me and some others at least, is to stock up on gold without the government knowing. The US government has confiscated gold stocks before, it's best to have a stock completely invisible to any authority. What Un Platano says is right, however, you don't want to paint yourself as a suspect for something nefarious either, as you would then have to disclose your gold extraction operation, defeating the point. Gold extraction from electronic waste and jewelry is just one means of obtaining gold without a trail, the other being pawn shops.

Un Platano

🐥🍌
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
you'll need a shit ton of baking soda once you're done to neutralize the mixture in order to dispose of it safely
If you need to do this on the cheap and your local geology permits, you can do this with calcite. I know someone who had a bunch of HCl he needed to neutralize and his solution was that he found a big marble boulder from a road cut and used that. It's safe and completely free. Of course, that all depends on you being able to find some, which can vary from easy to impossible depending on what kind of rocks are in your area.

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
Taxes.

The best investments are things that will naturally appreciate over time and cannot be traced by the government, fortunately gold is a good way to go if you obtain it correctly, same with crypto.
The tax on my farmland is about 3 dollars per acre per year. Last year, my revenue per acre was just under 650 dollars, and costs about 150. Considering I paid 4300 an acre, that's a healthy 11 percent ROI. Granted, I work the land myself in my spare time. It's not really an investment so much as a side business. I'm just saying, it's only a money pit if you're a dumb fucking hobby farmer who doesn't read.

Sure, they COULD raise taxes massively, but then food would become massively more expensive which would fuck the price of unskilled labor into the stratosphere.

So if you want to buy land just to lease out, as long as you're careful about to whom you lease, it will retain value and provide small, reliable ish returns.

EDIT: Now, granted, this is only true if you understand it, just as with any investment. Lots of dumbfucks like to buy up anything with dirt, tell themselves "hyuk, they ain't making more land" and lose their shirt.

Reactions: 1Tonka_Truck

Mr Himmler

Reichsminister für Schwanzsaugen
kiwifarms.net
The tax on my farmland is about 3 dollars per acre per year. Last year, my revenue per acre was just under 650 dollars, and costs about 150. Considering I paid 4300 an acre, that's a healthy 11 percent ROI. Granted, I work the land myself in my spare time. It's not really an investment so much as a side business. I'm just saying, it's only a money pit if you're a dumb fucking hobby farmer who doesn't read.

Sure, they COULD raise taxes massively, but then food would become massively more expensive which would fuck the price of unskilled labor into the stratosphere.

So if you want to buy land just to lease out, as long as you're careful about to whom you lease, it will retain value and provide small, reliable ish returns.

EDIT: Now, granted, this is only true if you understand it, just as with any investment. Lots of dumbfucks like to buy up anything with dirt, tell themselves "hyuk, they ain't making more land" and lose their shirt.
I was more referring to real estate than farmland, a lot of profit can be made from lucky investments in the cities. A property worth a few hundred thousand might be worth hundreds of millions a decade down the line, if you’re lucky. In the cities is where the taxes get high, even in shitholes like detroit. I think property tax is a fucking sin but whatever.

You’re definitely right about farmland, it’s something I’ve wanted to invest in for a long time, I just don’t have the time or money to put aside right now and given corona that will only make it harder for everyone. Bring back homesteading and the wild west, yee haw.

Ped Xing

!Bigfoot! sightings please call 908-314-7784
kiwifarms.net
Oh, yeah. People don't stop to consider that the house that was worth 10k and is now worth 250k is the twin of a 250k house now worth 10k.

Anyway, I would get fucked hard if I just set out with "hmmm today I will buy gold," because I don't know shit about metals, same as city slickers with a vague notion that cows eat plants should really take some time to investigate before buying 100 acres of mesquite and pokeweed.

EDIT: Hey so back on topic, I have a bunch of chinese silver coins that I bought in Hong Kong because I thought they were nifty. What I'm getting, to my surprise, is that's a better investment than certificates for the equivalent amount of silver?

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Beware The Walkin' Dude
kiwifarms.net
Been thinking of investing in precious metals, mainly silver and starting while I am still relatively young.

I'm going with silver because it's got a lower cost of entry compared to gold and from the looks of it, it's both far easier to stockpile and far less likely to attract government attention or be subject to confiscation than gold.

If I can get some gold for a good price like being able to get jewelry from an estate sale or buying at a pawn shop if I've got enough extra cash to burn, I will do that as well.

Rabidcolombian

kiwifarms.net
I'm going with silver because it's got a lower cost of entry compared to gold and from the looks of it, it's both far easier to stockpile and far less likely to attract government attention or be subject to confiscation than gold.
I'm wondering how possible gold confiscation would be when inherited.

I watched Styx's video today about government crypto currency coming in the future and it is terrifying. If the future is unconditionally fucked (which it will be) getting gold now and giving it to my loved ones down the line is the least I can do for not doing shit to stop it.

Tags
None