• “Refer to my Social Security Disability benefits as a Battleship (and not a Tugboat)“
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

Metro Devs throw hissy fit over planned boycott of Epic StoreThreatens to block future PC ports.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ruin, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Go ahead, I'm listening...

Wake me up

Wake me up CωC Club founder

kiwifarms.net
  2. Well the ones in charge are either senior citizens or women so I don't expect much from them. (women have a terrible history when it comes to running nations in the modern era). I bet anyone in charge of setting up their tech laws don't even know how to check their own emails and type 10 words a minute as they're still "hen peckers" (people who type with one figure on each hand).

• Agree Agree x 2
    Anonymus Fluhre

Anonymus Fluhre No man fears what he has seen grow

kiwifarms.net
  3. Looks like the Devs apologized and told everyone that they had no say in where their game is released.

Seems to be exactly what I expected: some lone member of the dev crew got angry that people were trashing something he worked hard on for things he couldn't control before the game came out. I had assumed this was the case as well as it being Deep Silver (who I've already had distaste for long before this incident) who called the shots and made this choice. Yet another of greedy publishers screwing over developers making games that aren't really gonna be immensely popular with mainstream audiences so that they can either have an excuse to discontinue the franchise (maybe I'm just talking conspiracy shit out my ass, but companies have sabotaged their own releases as an excuse to stop doing something that isn't as profitable as other things before) or to try and get as much money as they can from it when the general populace doesn't know or care about something that's more of a cult classic like Metro. Publishers also know people will blame the devs more than them, so they can get away with shit like that.

TL;DR: One dev member got angry and made a rash decision. The rest of the company ended up doing damage control and apologize because one of their team members acted out of line. The decision was entirely done by their publisher. They also say they'd never stop doing PC ports. I knew this was a bluff because a large chunk of their audience is in Eastern Europe, which is predominantly PC players.

I personally accept the apology. Call me a fanboy (which is likely true), but 4A has been a favorite developer of mine for nearly a decade. I've had a grudge against Deep Silver since they prioritized Dead Island over Metro. Deep Silver has always seemed to fuck over Metro for some reason. This is just them doing it again, but going above and beyond. Now the Devs are getting the flak and not them, who make these decisions. Fuck them. I know I'll still buy the game. All this really did was solidify my hatred for Deep Silver. It's just proof that publishers are clueless suits with no talent, honor, or respect for the people who pay them.

Also, people who say that Epic Games will sell your info don't seem to realize that every company already does that. Your privacy sadly doesn't exist, and that's not gonna change any time soon.

• Feels Feels x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Reynard

Reynard Alpha [She]Male

kiwifarms.net
  4. I played a bit of both Metro games and I found them boring. So, no loss here.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Quijibo69

Quijibo69 Islamic Content

kiwifarms.net
  5. Shit, I don't think I've bought a game in the last decade.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    MuuMuu Bunnylips

MuuMuu Bunnylips Custom Titties

kiwifarms.net
  6. It doesn't actually change anything but an apology from a game company in 2019 is a likely candidate for the Nobel Peace Prize - considering 100% of the time they just shut up (sometimes for years on end) until people have forgotten about whatever it was that they screwed up about. So at least that's going on, which is nice (:_(

• Agree Agree x 3
    Wake me up

kiwifarms.net
  7. The autism train might be picking up steam (pun intended) once again. Now the author of the book series is saying that pc gamers not buying the game would be 'an act of betrayal':
    https://www.altchar.com/games-news/587849/metro-exodus-pc-fans-asked-not-to-betray-4a-deep-silver

These Slavs sure are dramatic and clueless, when it comes to handling this pr nightmare. I'm certain, this latest statement, from the author, will sit well with the already disconcerted fans on pc. By the way, here's a picture of the autism train for those interested:
    [​IMG]

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    GuyKazama

GuyKazama It's okay, i'm a tankbuster.

kiwifarms.net
  8. The ride never ends.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. That is rich, coming from someone who just cancelled pre-orders from the platform of choice for 99,99% of PC gamers, 2 weeks before launch, with no previous notice.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Wake me up

kiwifarms.net
  10. Yeah, because other developers sure have ability to take criticism, it's only those connected to Russia who don't.

As for this whole mess, sure there will probably be those who'll wanna support the game and will bite the bullet. But honestly, it's just a huge load of BS having to have an entire launcher for one game, hell even Steam/Origin/GoG/Uplay can offer more than one thing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    #50 The tired cat, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    The tired cat

The tired cat Reality is an illusion

kiwifarms.net
  11. Translation: If you don't like every business decision we make then you aren't a real fan and why should we listen to you? You were probably just looking for an excuse to be bitter!

Hahahahaha fuck you. I'm so out of patience for devs trying to reframe customer dissatisfaction as just assholes trolling.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  12. Epic: "we're rolling out massive deals that kick Steam right in the fucking balls, come buy from us!"
    Steam: "If you buy $100+ worth of sale purchases right now, you can have a golden profile border and little animated lanterns and piggies for a year. Gong xi fa cai PC gamers!"

upload_2019-2-7_12-34-46.png

• Informative Informative x 4
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Massive deals for games people don't really care about. Like seriously aside from Metro Exodus, they only have Division 2 and yes there are some nice indie titles, but those are indie titles. With Division 2, surprise surprise its easier to purchase via Uplay instead of getting it on the Epic Store.

• Agree Agree x 1
    The tired cat

The tired cat Reality is an illusion

kiwifarms.net
  14. 1C Company is pretty chill.

Perhaps the survival/royal genre is the factor.

That PlayerUnknown fellow was pretty exceptional afterall. Of course, the west has Phil Fish and the rest of the Indie clique so who are we to judge.

Apoth42

Apoth42 Hehe xd

kiwifarms.net
  15. >Chinks and Slavs
    >respecting the law
    >the Eurolaw.

Good one there.

• Like Like x 2
    Glad I couldn't help

Glad I couldn't help Now with edge anime avatar

kiwifarms.net
  16. I can't believe these useless Ukranians would betray their buddies in the Russian mob like that! Steam keys are a favorite way for shady Ivans to launder money.

Considering Epic is backed by Chinamen I wonder if it means they'll get dibs on Epic's gray market. It's been a while since I've run into a real Chinese Gold Seller trying to steal my credit card info instead of some vodka jockey.

Crocophile

Crocophile Θώθ what's this?

kiwifarms.net
  17. are you ok

• DRINK DRINK x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. Yes? I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Russian cyber criminals tend to launder money from stolen credit cards via selling steam keys. I was just making a joke about Epic being owned by Tencent and implying the same thing will happen with Epic's store only instead it will be Chinese people. Chinese credit card stealing scams were also a lot bigger in years passed, usually related to gold selling in MMOs, but the eastern europeans have largely stepped in and taken over that market.

I see now it wasn't a very well executed joke.

• Like Like x 1
    Crocophile

Crocophile Θώθ what's this?

kiwifarms.net
  19. r u ok tho
    (:_(

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Wake me up

kiwifarms.net
  20. I live in an era of riches. I can fall backwards into a mountain of excellent games. Everywhere I look there are compelling experiences and stories to explore. Most of our backlogs are piles of treasure just waiting to be plundered.

And plenty of them don't require me to download yet another launcher/storefront/dataminer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.