• "oh it feels like it was only yesterday I was wiping your bottom for you when you used the potty!"

Metroid Prime 4FIRST TRAILER IS HERE

Discussion in 'Games' started by OwO What's This?, Jun 18, 2017.

1. lol jk about that trailer thing but look we can remember how terrible Other M was and why it's good that it soon won't be what the series is remembered for.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    #1 OwO What's This?, Jun 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    OwO What's This?

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. I'm looking forward to it in principal but I still worry that it wont live up to the exceptionally high standard of Prime and Prime 2 and the mediocre but still playable bullshit of 3.

LazarusOwenhart

LazarusOwenhart Terrainist Shitlord!

kiwifarms.net
  3. I love how in the dev diary video for Return of Samus Sakamoto didn't even mention Other M and went back to Zero Mission as the last major title he worked on. I think it's safe to say Other M was unpersoned in the canon.

On a related note, ever notice that most of the recent entries in the main Metroid series seem to revolve around SR-388 and stuff from Metroid 2? Metroid Fusion took place on a station orbiting SR-388 that simulated environments from the planet and the creatures there, Other M was 2.5D Metroid Fusion, and now Return of Samus takes you back to SR-388.

• Informative Informative x 1
    King n Yellow

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Least this will give me motivation to try and pick a Metroid game and finish it. Should I start with the NES Metroid, Super Metroid, or just skip right to Metroid Prime to prep me for this?

Robotron

Robotron Jerkin it while waiting for the robot revolution

kiwifarms.net
  5. Super or Prime. You can get Super on the cheap if you have a new 3ds I think.

Corypheus

Corypheus Totally not evil

kiwifarms.net
  6. Other M was the best Metroid game ever and this regression back to FPS gameplay is holding us back from the SUPERIOR FUTURE!

You're also all racist and sexist for hating it.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    GentlemanFaggot

GentlemanFaggot I got in...

kiwifarms.net
  7. I'm worried that they're use a western shovelware studio like with Samus Returns.

I mean, they said it'll be a new studio, but that doesn't rule out most of em being from Double Helix or some mobile dev.

kiwifarms.net
  8. There's always the chance that the studio could churn out something good. Double Helix initially started out pushing licensed movie game crap before getting lucky with games like Killer Instinct and Strider. Same goes for Silver Dollar Games where they also pushed out crap until they struck gold with One Finger Death Punch.

#8 Robotron, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Robotron

kiwifarms.net
  9. With Samus Returns being days away (and YouTube footage looking really good), I've got faith in the people at Nintendo that they can make another good metroid game again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    The Janitor

The Janitor Imma just clean up this here thread....

kiwifarms.net
  10. It's not going to be Retro? :( They've made the best post-90's Metroid games, though. They should be the only ones allowed to make Metroid games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Yeah, I know, it's disappointing. But Retro came out of basically nowhere for Prime and made one of the best games ever, so perhaps we can have a repeat of that. At the very least, it looks like Nintendo learned their lesson from the shit-storm that was Other M.

Gonna replay Prime now. God damn that game was good.

GentlemanFaggot

kiwifarms.net
  12. You are such a cruel ungulate mistress. Oh well, the video was amusing, so all is forgiven.

Damn dude, your Dobson impression is on point!

ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself

kiwifarms.net
  13. I was more going for Movie Bob, hence the SUPERIOR FUTURE bit, but I know Dobson is a parrot for his idiotic beliefs too.

It's hilarious how these male feminists love Other M, which is objectively (And I don't use this term lightly) sexist and reprehensible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    GentlemanFaggot

kiwifarms.net
  14. Why don't you get the remake that is coming out in like 2 weeks or so?

Hui

Hui Smug
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. Good idea, perhaps that would be a perfect way for me to segway into the franchise........... or get horribly killed multiple times trying.

Robotron

kiwifarms.net
  16. If you are a long time gamer you should have much trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Hui

Hui Smug
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net