Infected MGTOW - Men Going Their Own Way

فيل

kiwifarms.net
Movements aren't not always political. A movement is just any group that works together to achieve a goal. For MGTOW, I'd say the goal is to free themselves from the perceived shackles of feminism.

RationalWiki also describes them as a movement.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Men_Going_Their_Own_Way
"The Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW) movement is an offshoot of the men's rights movement resembling some kind of straight male separatism."

What good points are you referring to?
Sure, they are group but they never really came off to me as having shared goals, unless you are talking about the content creators. Then sure, the goal for those people are to make money. MGTOWers don't really care if other men take the "red pill". The whole philosophy is about the individual, in my interpretation at least.

Good points? They often talk about the biases that divorce and family courts have against men. That's probably one of the few things that the MRAs and MGTOWs at least agree on.

Andy27

Lolcow Stampede
kiwifarms.net
I didn't know much about sluthaters and loveshys before joining this site but I'm kind of familiar with MGTOWs. They are a somewhat diverse movement/ideology/whatever ranging from the "completely ridiculous" to the "somewhat ridiculous", with the occasional "not-so-ridiculous but still close enough" so I guess there are many lulz to be had.

They are more on the (pretend) - ultramacho/traditional roles spectrum although not all MGTOW go that way. They usually fall somewhere along the lines of "WHY U NO IN KITCHEN WOMAN" and "Western degenerate societies produce degenerate women" (sounds familiar?). Some reject any notion of sex with women (totally not closeted gays) and pretend they have a choice on the matter (so basically loveshies in disguise), other are fine with sex but not relationships/marriage (many of those are also PUA-fans) and some only accept relationships/marriages as an option with "traditional" (read: submissive) women from countries they stereotype as having such women (e.g. China).

They do have a few valid points but they are usually lost in a sea of whine where they typically over-dramatize and exaggerate about every little thing while ignoring any evidence that shows men having advantages in relationships.

Case in point:
www.avoiceformen.com/sexual-politics/m-g-t-o-w/the-future-of-women-in-a-mgtow-society/

Choice quotes from the article with commentary:
"Well, in modern society, the legal system has been unabashedly twisting the ancient contract into something that amounts to slavery,"

I mean seriously, slavery? Should they give 40 acres and a mule to every man after a divorce?

"What women didn’t realize was that the very things which made their lives easier – be they appliances or conveniently boxed pre-made meals at the grocery store – simultaneously reduced the necessity for women. Men are increasingly becoming aware of this, and are opting to go their own way and reject the farce that marriage has become.
Women have inadvertently been reduced to gestational incubators;"

Because what other use could a guy have for a woman aside from impregnating her, right guys? But fear not because technology is taking that power away from them as well:
"Science fiction has long since been our window into the future, and the gestational beer keg – while not yet implemented – is already a concept; one hesitates to ask, “On what grounds would its completion be demanded?” For the right price, women sell their “natural” services all the time, going so far as to incubate a fetus for other people; one has to wonder, how much their eggs would be worth to them?"

"And the more that women harp on about how evil, and useless, and stupid men are,"

It's a good thing this article avoids generalizations...

"This isn’t about misogyny. This is about disillusionment; we love women, we love their flustered approach to parallel parking, we love it… lift something heavy, or get something high down, we love their sense of helplessness, even when we know they’re not."

...and stereotypes!

" there are very few men who find chapped-pawed, skinned-knuckled and work-hardened women to be attractive;"

Poor women having crazy thoughts like having a job which will turn them into an ugly goblin because ofcourse it will. They shouldn't worry their pretty little heads with such manly concerns like money - I'm sure men like the author of this article is not going to exploit a relationship with a woman who has no income of her own to control her.

"so to introduce a winning mating strategy to hardened working career… that’s a tough choice I wouldn’t want to have to make"

Advice on what relationships work from a guy whose personal ideology is that men shouldn't have relationships

"Men might not be willing to accept the ancient contract back, but we have an amazing capacity to forgive a guilty smile, just meet us halfway, we can work this out."

But fear not women! because we men are gracious and forgiving maste - I mean people. Just give us that guilty smile we like so much, admit you were wrong with all those silly thoughts about being independent and we will accept you back.

"The second thing I can see happening is MGTOW’s becoming criminalized."

They are coming for us! The writing is on the wall. Marriage is about to become mandatory. Thanks Obama!
But I will not surrender! The government will have to pry my celibacy from my cold, dead, lotioned hands!

Last edited:

Frank Rizzo

kiwifarms.net
"WHY U NO IN KITCHEN WOMAN"
Exactly what I was thinking. It seems to me that men of this culture more want a woman who's all "Oh yes my darling husband, I shall do all of the work around the house while you kick up your feet and relax. Shall I fetch your pipe, slippers, and newspaper?" Rather then a woman who goes "Hey, you lazy bum! You need to do your part around here! I'm not taking any of your shit!"

Andy27

Lolcow Stampede
kiwifarms.net
Exactly what I was thinking. It seems to me that men of this culture more want a woman who's all "Oh yes my darling husband, I shall do all of the work around the house while you kick up your feet and relax. Shall I fetch your pipe, slippers, and newspaper?" Rather then a woman who goes "Hey, you lazy bum! You need to do your part around here! I'm not taking any of your shit!"
As far as I can tell, the majority of them do fit that description. But some wouldn't even consider marriage/relationship, even with such a woman. I have even seen being "MGTOW" defined as setting boundaries and red lines in a relationship - basically not being a doormat which isn't that unreasonable - but the majority of MGTOW sure do like their kool-aid.

Last edited:

Frank Rizzo

kiwifarms.net
As far as I can tell, the majority of them do fit that description. But some wouldn't even consider marriage/relationship, even with such a woman. I have even seen MGTOW being described as setting boundaries and red lines in relationship, which isn't that unreasonable, but the majority of MGTOW sure do like their kool-aid.
Eh, to me, it's most likely a case of:
a) guy can't get a strong willed woman to bend to his will
b) guy also, due to personality most likely, can't even attract a "weaker willed" woman
c) "UGH, FORGET ICKY, YUCKY WOMINS!"

MACH-IV

DO NOT DOWNVOTE
kiwifarms.net
I didn't know much about sluthaters and loveshys before joining this site but I'm somewhat familiar with MGTOWs. They are a somewhat diverse movement/ideology/whatever ranging from the "completely ridiculous" to the "somewhat ridiculous", with the occasional "not-so-ridiculous but still close enough" so I guess there is a variety of lulz to be had.

They are more on the (pretend) - ultramacho/traditional roles spectrum although not all MGTOW go that way. They usually fall somewhere along the lines of "WHY U NO IN KITCHEN WOMAN" and "Western degenerate societies produce degenerate women" (sounds familiar?). Some reject any notion of sex with women (totally not closeted gays) and pretend they have a choice on the matter (so basically loveshies in disguise), other are fine with sex but not relationships/marriage (many of those are also PUA-fans) and some only accept relationships/marriages as an option with "traditional" (read: submissive) women from countries they stereotype as having such women (e.g. China).

They do have a few valid points but they are usually lost in a sea of whine where they typically over-dramatize and exaggerate about every little thing while ignoring any evidence that shows men having advantages in relationships.
Good post.
I used to be the guy to post "they have some good points" but I can't do that anymore because the manosphere has gotten far too autistic over the past year. I stopped following the "manosphere" two years ago because it was getting too repetitive, and that was after about four months of reading. I started paying attention once this subforum popped up and it's ridiculous how much it has changed in such a short time. It's nearly unrecognizable. I used to try defending it because I saw a lot of positivity in some places, but when I wasn't looking the good parts go buried under a mountain of excrement A few years ago being "MGTOW" meant you weren't caught up with the social cliches that defined a "relationship". Now it means you think the Big Bang Theory is a funny show.

And it sucks because they really do have some good points underneath it all...

note: the word "manosphere" was first used by a female journalist reviewing tuckermax.com in 2005. A lot of manosphere writers hated the title, but learned to just embrace it.

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
MGTOW's haven't abandoned women entirely. They have casual sex with women but refuse to get into long term relationships or marriage. MGTOW's aren't celibate/abstinent.
http://theobserverwatches.blogspot.ca/2012/12/the-four-levels-of-mgtow-betas-shrug.html
Apparently there is a MGTOW level system
Level:0 means being aware of the "true nature" of women
Level:1 means avoiding long term relationships
Level:2 means avoiding relationships as a whole
Level:3 means not contributing to the economy in order to get revenge against women for perceived slights
Level:4 means completely isolating yourself from the rest of society

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
http://theobserverwatches.blogspot.ca/2012/12/the-four-levels-of-mgtow-betas-shrug.html
Apparently there is a MGTOW level system
Level:0 means being aware of the "true nature" of women
Level:1 means avoiding long term relationships
Level:2 means avoiding relationships as a whole
Level:3 means not contributing to the economy in order to get revenge against women for perceived slights
Level:4 means completely isolating yourself from the rest of society
So level four basically means you become @Holden?

I didn't know much about sluthaters and loveshys before joining this site but I'm kind of familiar with MGTOWs. They are a somewhat diverse movement/ideology/whatever ranging from the "completely ridiculous" to the "somewhat ridiculous", with the occasional "not-so-ridiculous but still close enough" so I guess there are many lulz to be had.

Case in point:
www.avoiceformen.com/sexual-politics/m-g-t-o-w/the-future-of-women-in-a-mgtow-society/

Choice quotes from the article with commentary:
"Well, in modern society, the legal system has been unabashedly twisting the ancient contract into something that amounts to slavery,"

I mean seriously, slavery? Should they give 40 acres and a mule to every man after a divorce?

"What women didn’t realize was that the very things which made their lives easier – be they appliances or conveniently boxed pre-made meals at the grocery store – simultaneously reduced the necessity for women. Men are increasingly becoming aware of this, and are opting to go their own way and reject the farce that marriage has become.
Women have inadvertently been reduced to gestational incubators;"

Because what other use could a guy have for a woman aside from impregnating her, right guys? But fear not because technology is taking that power away from them as well:
"Science fiction has long since been our window into the future, and the gestational beer keg – while not yet implemented – is already a concept; one hesitates to ask, “On what grounds would its completion be demanded?” For the right price, women sell their “natural” services all the time, going so far as to incubate a fetus for other people; one has to wonder, how much their eggs would be worth to them?"

"And the more that women harp on about how evil, and useless, and stupid men are,"

It's a good thing this article avoids generalizations...

"This isn’t about misogyny. This is about disillusionment; we love women, we love their flustered approach to parallel parking, we love it… lift something heavy, or get something high down, we love their sense of helplessness, even when we know they’re not."

...and stereotypes!

" there are very few men who find chapped-pawed, skinned-knuckled and work-hardened women to be attractive;"

Poor women having crazy thoughts like having a job which will turn them into an ugly goblin because ofcourse it will. They shouldn't worry their pretty little heads with such manly concerns like money - I'm sure men like the author of this article is not going to exploit a relationship with a woman who has no income of her own to control her.

"so to introduce a winning mating strategy to hardened working career… that’s a tough choice I wouldn’t want to have to make"

Advice on what relationships work from a guy whose personal ideology is that men shouldn't have relationships

"Men might not be willing to accept the ancient contract back, but we have an amazing capacity to forgive a guilty smile, just meet us halfway, we can work this out."

But fear not women! because we men are gracious and forgiving maste - I mean people. Just give us that guilty smile we like so much, admit you were wrong with all those silly thoughts about being independent and we will accept you back.

"The second thing I can see happening is MGTOW’s becoming criminalized."

They are coming for us! The writing is on the wall. Marriage is about to become mandatory. Thanks Obama!
But I will not surrender! The government will have to pry my celibacy from my cold, dead, lotioned hands!
The manosphere has a freaking obsession with marriage that goes far beyond any woman I've ever known. Having known a few guys who were anti-marriage in their 20s until they got a little bit older/met someone they really liked that anti-marriage rhetoric flies out the window pretty fast. There are just so many reasons why their revenge fantasy of a society where all men refuse marry women and the women go cry themselves to sleep about it isn't going to happen, and the fact that they never fail to wave it around all over the internet like they think it's actually some kind of threat and actually scares women is fucking hilarious.

autisticdragonkin

Eric Borsheim
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So level four basically means you become @Holden?

The manosphere has a freaking obsession with marriage that goes far beyond any woman I've ever known. Having known a few guys who were anti-marriage in their 20s until they got a little bit older/met someone they really liked that anti-marriage rhetoric flies out the window pretty fast. There are just so many reasons why their revenge fantasy of a society where all men refuse marry women and the women go cry themselves to sleep about it isn't going to happen, and the fact that they never fail to wave it around all over the internet like they think it's actually some kind of threat and actually scares women is fucking hilarious.
@Holden admits to being a virgin with rage
For him to become a level 4 MGTOW he must pretend that he doesn't want sex

Marjan Šiklić

Cunt Destroyer
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
melty - not really.

These guys seem to not understand that relationships with women in the West no longer exist. The reasons for not contributing to economy should also be a bit different.

I am not isolating myself from society. I just want to parasite from a society where I am seen as a criminal for not shooting a woman in the head.

Last edited: