Artcow Michael John Kricfalusi / John Kricfalusi / John K. / John K. Stuff / Raymond Spum - scammer animator who pissed away his own career, salty blogger, CONFIRMED predator and child rapist

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon. I REALLY WISH THEY'D HOTFIX THIS SO I CAN REMOVE THIS NOTICE.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
From the photos of the movie I can see,the subdued colors help ground the movie's more absurd figures. I'm drawn more towards their bodies and faces than anything they're wearing. But that's my headcanon.
I kind of think dismissing the colors like that shows you're not serious... And also, to beat a point I've been beating for a while, he doesn't have a good sense of color either.

Which is better? This:

1604354856193.png

Or this:

1604354884151.png

Fromtheblackdepths

Welcome to the Ocean bitches.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
This is the guy who publicly said he thinks Dot from Animaniacs should have been drawn hotter. Don't listen to the bullshit he says.

There's a lot of things that are wrong with the tweet thread, but "higher levels of technical skill"... for a medium where things have to go to air in such bad quality they get reanimated for the BluRay.

Of course, I do see a lot of people who like golden age classics and whatever's out on CN now, they just don't make a big stink about it.

(Oddly enough, I kind of get to thinking that what people are calling the CalArts style kind of reminds me of old 70s anime like, say, Heidi and the like. A little Yasuji Mori in it, maybe.)

Boobie Bomb

kiwifarms.net
This is the guy who publicly said he thinks Dot from Animaniacs should have been drawn hotter. Don't listen to the bullshit he says.

There's a lot of things that are wrong with the tweet thread, but "higher levels of technical skill"... for a medium where things have to go to air in such bad quality they get reanimated for the BluRay.

Of course, I do see a lot of people who like golden age classics and whatever's out on CN now, they just don't make a big stink about it.

(Oddly enough, I kind of get to thinking that what people are calling the CalArts style kind of reminds me of old 70s anime like, say, Heidi and the like. A little Yasuji Mori in it, maybe.)
Thought so. Time to go back to sleep

GorebyHog

kiwifarms.net
Seeing the numerous posts spumshot has written on Twitter (which already is a cesspool), would he warrant his own separate KF thread?

Siryakko212

kiwifarms.net
So there is an interview with Jim Gomez that I came across recently:

An interesting antidote from this interview:
The first time Gomez met John was at Sheridan College. John wasn't going to class (info we already know) and spend his time drawing caricatures of everyone in school. What attracted Gomez to John was a comic strip John created which were the African-American Flintstones, butt-naked.

I really hope somebody at Sheridan saved any of John K's early drawings. I am really curious as to what his drawings looked like then.

William S. Sessions

"WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS"
kiwifarms.net
I might have to read this whole thread. Powerleveling for a moment here, but I had the opportunity to hear John K speak at a convention once. He was pitching Cans Without Labels to the crowd, doing all the voices over a storyboard. It didn't come out for another ten years and nobody really gave a shit about it. That's a year per minute of digital animation of inconsistent quality, and it's not like he was doing all the work. How is that not a complete professional failure?

Siryakko212

kiwifarms.net
I might have to read this whole thread. Powerleveling for a moment here, but I had the opportunity to hear John K speak at a convention once. He was pitching Cans Without Labels to the crowd, doing all the voices over a storyboard. It didn't come out for another ten years and nobody really gave a shit about it. That's a year per minute of digital animation of inconsistent quality, and it's not like he was doing all the work. How is that not a complete professional failure?
Was that the same pitch that was filmed here?

White bubblegum

Blow me
kiwifarms.net
Totally man. As far as im aware the beanmouth style is inspired by Rebecca Sugar, who herself was inspired by anime. And Spumtard here hails anime as the superior contemporary cartoon or whatever. Ironic. He's so annoying, the few times ive come across him on twitter he was bitching at random people for having pronouns in their bio, or some other banal shit. I can dig it up if anyones interested. Apparently he also has a family which makes things even sadder.

Siryakko212

kiwifarms.net
Yes, I looked for a full recording but I don't think it's publicly available. The full panel was much longer but I don't remember much about it.
I am curious even though you may or may not remember as you claim. But how did the audience respond to the pitch? I know I can get the hint from the video, but I think the people who were actually there could better describe the mood and reaction better than what this video may suggests.

William S. Sessions

kiwifarms.net
I am curious even though you may or may not remember as you claim. But how did the audience respond to the pitch? I know I can get the hint from the video, but I think the people who were actually there could better describe the mood and reaction better than what this video may suggests.
Ahh, sorry man, I wish I could tell you. I've never had a great memory and this was over a decade ago. I only went because I was with a friend who was into animation, so probably safe to assume most of the audience were there to see their idol and would've loved whatever he put in front of them. I think I would remember if he had bombed.

Siryakko212

kiwifarms.net
Ahh, sorry man, I wish I could tell you. I've never had a great memory and this was over a decade ago. I only went because I was with a friend who was into animation, so probably safe to assume most of the audience were there to see their idol and would've loved whatever he put in front of them. I think I would remember if he had bombed.
Figures. Well I tried.

Then again this was when John K was still beloved by a small following. It wouldn't be until the early-10's where information about the man himself started to come out one by one, along with how he handled his Kickstarter. All that combined, that pretty much destroyed any credibility he had.

William S. Sessions

kiwifarms.net
Figures. Well I tried.

Then again this was when John K was still beloved by a small following. It wouldn't be until the early-10's where information about the man himself started to come out one by one, along with how he handled his Kickstarter. All that combined, that pretty much destroyed any credibility he had.
Right. I was definitely unaware of all the weird shit highlighted in this thread.

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
So there is an interview with Jim Gomez that I came across recently:

An interesting antidote from this interview:
The first time Gomez met John was at Sheridan College. John wasn't going to class (info we already know) and spend his time drawing caricatures of everyone in school. What attracted Gomez to John was a comic strip John created which were the African-American Flintstones, butt-naked.

I really hope somebody at Sheridan saved any of John K's early drawings. I am really curious as to what his drawings looked like then.
He was only at Sheridan for a semester before he got expelled... but undoubtedly there was a lot of Flintstones stuff there. Like someone said in the documentary, nothing was funnier to him than Fred and Barney fucking. I doubt any of it still survives, though.

If you read earlier in the thread, you'll find that the idea goes back a long while. It's kind of a thing with him that he keeps trying to revive things he couldn't sell decades ago.

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
So recently I got a copy of the Spumco Art book that was never released. I am reading it at the moment, but I see stuff worth posting for this thread. For now I am gonna share one excerpt from the book.

Remember John's bathtub fetish? Well he talks about the origin of his "pastime-pleasure."

View attachment 1731243
I already posted some stuff from it earlier in the thread, but how did I miss this?