Artcow Michael John Kricfalusi / John Kricfalusi / John K. / John K. Stuff / Raymond Spum - scammer animator who pissed away his own career, salty blogger, CONFIRMED predator and child rapist

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Jeff Heaney

kiwifarms.net
Ren and Stimpy was always a favourite of mine growing up. Have been revisiting the show of late. As a kid I knew it was messed up. Dark humour isn't especially rare in Nickelodeon shows, Invader Zim had plenty of it, but that found in R&S feels decidedly more surreal, raw and disturbing. I honestly wonder how much of Ren's personality traits, including the psychotic outbursts, is based on John K himself. I find the man to be an endless source of fascination, and this thread has been most enlightening. All that shit with his father, etc.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Ren and Stimpy was always a favourite of mine growing up. Have been revisiting the show of late. As a kid I knew it was messed up. Dark humour isn't especially rare in Nickelodeon shows, Invader Zim had plenty of it, but that found in R&S feels decidedly more surreal, raw and disturbing. I honestly wonder how much of Ren's personality traits, including the psychotic outbursts, is based on John K himself. I find the man to be an endless source of fascination, and this thread has been most enlightening. All that shit with his father, etc.
Reminded of this episode again, often cited as a spoof of how John ran the show and the leftovers of the newly-formed Games Productions having to pick up the pieces after his firing.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
Ren and Stimpy's relationship was apparently like the one between him and Lynne Naylor. When Lynne returned to the show, part of the agreement was that she wouldn't do anything that actually had R&S in it. I wonder if their relationship hit too close to home for her, considering what we know about why she dumped him.

Siryakko212

kiwifarms.net
A while back, I was googling John Kricfalusi drawings, just out of boredom one day. I came across something interesting. Somebody put up a John Kricfalusi letter up for sale. It's a letter dated back to 1992.

john-kricfalusi-1992-drawing-ren_1_931cb708f343743b7beb61ffce4565cc.jpg

The one thing that caught my eye was the name he referenced. Was he referring to Lynne Naylor? Or was it a different Lynne? If this was written for Lynne Naylor, it somehow fits his character to try to get back with someone long after she left him. Remember John did say on-camera for Robyn to "call me" long after she left him. But my question is why was he trying to get back with her?

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
A while back, I was googling John Kricfalusi drawings, just out of boredom one day. I came across something interesting. Somebody put up a John Kricfalusi letter up for sale. It's a letter dated back to 1992.

View attachment 2887180

The one thing that caught my eye was the name he referenced. Was he referring to Lynne Naylor? Or was it a different Lynne? If this was written for Lynne Naylor, it somehow fits his character to try to get back with someone long after she left him. Remember John did say on-camera for Robyn to "call me" long after she left him. But my question is why was he trying to get back with her?
I don't think he was over her, even though she'd had enough of his behavior towards her and wanted nothing to do with him. Why do you think he fired Chris Reccardi when they started dating?

Josterman

Palmer Report enthusiast, banned from Wikipedia
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 2887180

What site was this on ebay? This is a good find

jason analberg

kiwifarms.net
Ren and Stimpy was always a favourite of mine growing up. Have been revisiting the show of late. As a kid I knew it was messed up. Dark humour isn't especially rare in Nickelodeon shows, Invader Zim had plenty of it, but that found in R&S feels decidedly more surreal, raw and disturbing.
lol, makes me think of the episode where they try to sell rubber nipples.

BlackPuppet

kiwifarms.net
God damn my eyes for finding this thread. I grew up watching and loving Ren & Stimpy and I come to find out he is nothing but a famous TCAP wannabe. Jesus. Now I'm wondering if John R. Dilworth is like that because he is kind of a weirdo.
I know a bit about John R. Dilworth and seeing some drama in the past he sometimes communicates poorly with others like his social media person several years ago. But I don't think he abuses his employees. Although I do admit, he gets quite a lot of younger talent on the animation/art side of things and uses it as a "learning experience" so he might be genuine with it, or hes using it for cheaper labor, or both. But I don't think he's a bad person.

Siryakko212

kiwifarms.net
What site was this on ebay? This is a good find
The website I found this on was WorthPoint.com. I never used it before but I will only assume it's similar to eBay.

Direct link to that John K letter on WorthPoint.

BTW every now and then something fascinating would pop up on WorthPoint. There was one particular auction that was selling Bob Clampett's Concept Art Notes. Not from his Warner Bros cartoons, but his one and only cartoon at Republic Pictures, "It's a Grand Old Nag." I mean it may or may not be worth anything, but it's something you don't come across often.

Bob Clampett's Concept Art Notes from "Grand Old Nag."

Josterman

Palmer Report enthusiast, banned from Wikipedia
kiwifarms.net
The website I found this on was WorthPoint.com. I never used it before but I will only assume it's similar to eBay.

Direct link to that John K letter on WorthPoint.

BTW every now and then something fascinating would pop up on WorthPoint. There was one particular auction that was selling Bob Clampett's Concept Art Notes. Not from his Warner Bros cartoons, but his one and only cartoon at Republic Pictures, "It's a Grand Old Nag." I mean it may or may not be worth anything, but it's something you don't come across often.

Bob Clampett's Concept Art Notes from "Grand Old Nag."
Great good to know and I feel like some of that guy not John K but bob‘s art might be looking into
as John K some there might some stuff WorthPoint might be looking into since it does have some art pieces and as you pointed out the letter

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
Given how little news there's been of John K. lately, what can be done to keep things on track and on topic?...

How many of you know the John K. connection with anime?

Yes, he's expressed his dislike of it, but how many know that when he started out on his own, he had a connection to one of the first anime licensing companies?

Jerry Beck and Carl Macek first operated Streamline Pictures out of the same building on Melrose Avenue as Spumco - the same former cockroach-infested brothel. And indeed, Carl Macek helped sell R&S to Nickelodeon, by convincing John to give up the rights to those characters to Nick (he was apparently very invested in Jimmy the Idiot Boy).

Not long after the pilot went into production, however, Macek and John K. parted ways. Since Macek had a stake in Spumco, the breakup was not smooth. It was the first of many bridges John would burn.

Siryakko212

kiwifarms.net
Given how little news there's been of John K. lately, what can be done to keep things on track and on topic?...

How many of you know the John K. connection with anime?

Yes, he's expressed his dislike of it, but how many know that when he started out on his own, he had a connection to one of the first anime licensing companies?

Jerry Beck and Carl Macek first operated Streamline Pictures out of the same building on Melrose Avenue as Spumco - the same former cockroach-infested brothel. And indeed, Carl Macek helped sell R&S to Nickelodeon, by convincing John to give up the rights to those characters to Nick (he was apparently very invested in Jimmy the Idiot Boy).

Not long after the pilot went into production, however, Macek and John K. parted ways. Since Macek had a stake in Spumco, the breakup was not smooth. It was the first of many bridges John would burn.
I could only wonder how many jobs John K could have gotten had he kept Carl Macek around.

Also I always knew that Spumco was in a crap house. But didn't Spumco moved locations a few times prior to shutting down? I remembered reading in Sick Little Monkeys that when Spumco did APC, there were two places. Spumco in America. And another one in Canada, which was said that it was basically located in a farm which was different from Spumco of America.

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
I could only wonder how many jobs John K could have gotten had he kept Carl Macek around.

Also I always knew that Spumco was in a crap house. But didn't Spumco moved locations a few times prior to shutting down? I remembered reading in Sick Little Monkeys that when Spumco did APC, there were two places. Spumco in America. And another one in Canada, which was said that it was basically located in a farm which was different from Spumco of America.
Spumco was apparently located in that same building until maybe the late 90s. Robyn Byrd was there in the mid-90s, and she says it was "haunted and covered in jizz." (Which should say something.)

The Canadian location was indeed in a renovated barn in Ottawa, but the new American studio was apparently in a shitty abandoned pharmaceutical warehouse in North Hollywood. So not much of a difference.

Siryakko212

kiwifarms.net
Also was it ever explained anywhere as to how John K somehow got a deal with a Japanese company to produce video games for the Japanese market? I can imagine John K running tight on money to take odd jobs. But to make a video game that's Japanese exclusive? John K isn't a gamer to my knowledge. I heard that he joked that the only video game he played was Pong.