Artcow Michael John Kricfalusi / John Kricfalusi / John K. / John K. Stuff / Raymond Spum - scammer animator who pissed away his own career, salty blogger, CONFIRMED predator and child rapist

ZeSlyFox

kiwifarms.net
this thread hasn't been updated for nearly a month, and that Spumshot guy has been dead for even longer, but I think I finally found out who that guy was.

This guy seems to openly copy john k's retarded vaules nearly word for word, and he's opinions line up well with Spumshot/donor's
here's some post on his blog if you feel like getting angry today.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
this thread hasn't been updated for nearly a month, and that Spumshot guy has been dead for even longer, but I think I finally found out who that guy was.

This guy seems to openly copy john k's retarded vaules nearly word for word, and he's opinions line up well with Spumshot/donor's
I don't know if I believe it, but this seems intriguing...

Newman's Lovechild

I am totally unappreciated in my time
kiwifarms.net

Thanks I hate it.

I lie. There's one thing I like. It's where in that first linked article he blasts film critics who get caught up in story and direction, when animated films should be all about the sheer spectacle of moving pictures; and in the next he blasts Disney/Pixar for improving their technology just to deliver 'empty spectacle'.

Retarded values indeed.

ZeSlyFox

kiwifarms.net

Sorry for posting those repugnant articles yesterday guys

Have a negative TS3 review that actually isn't retarded, as a treat.

Newman's Lovechild

kiwifarms.net
Sorry for posting those repugnant articles yesterday guys

Have a negative TS3 review that actually isn't retarded, as a treat.

At least Onward isn't, not quite, a victim of the religiosity that has infected other Pixar features and dominates the dreadful creationist fable The Good Dinosaur.

Ugh.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, my fault for going down the rabbit hole, but this is still painful. The Good Dinosaur was stupid, but pushed a creationist agenda about as much as The Flintstones.

Something something John K lol pedo.

Fat Tub of Lard

kiwifarms.net

ZeSlyFox

kiwifarms.net
Funny you bring up Michael Barrier; he had a big argument with John around the time APC came out on DVD.

Unless that's already been posted in this thread. In which case, feel free to clock me.
Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 14-05-35 MichaelBarrier.com -- Feedback An Exchange with John K.png

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 14-07-40 MichaelBarrier.com -- Feedback An Exchange with John K.png

I love Barrier so damn much lol

A Grey Cat

Meow
kiwifarms.net
John: MAN why do all cartoons gotta be like disney or those old cheap crappy cartoons for the 60s? why cant we go back to having every frame be fluid and give as over the top as possible an expression?

Also John: cannot for the life of him let go of those same "cheap crappy hanna barbera cartoons and only barley understands how the clampett cartoons worked.

maguyver16

Wearing Blobfish undies to assuage wrongthink
kiwifarms.net
John: MAN why do all cartoons gotta be like disney or those old cheap crappy cartoons for the 60s? why cant we go back to having every frame be fluid and give as over the top as possible an expression?

Also John: cannot for the life of him let go of those same "cheap crappy hanna barbera cartoons and only barley understands how the clampett cartoons worked.
Also John: worked for Ralph Bakshi who was known for grungey low budget animated features and using rotoscope.

Newman's Lovechild

kiwifarms.net
You know, I ended up watching an episode of Bakshis Mighty Mouse recently, somewhere, somehow. It might even have been here. I was amazed that this janky piece of shit had been hailed as an animation renaissance for decades. I still think Barrier is a crank, but a lot of those criticisms he had for R&S stand for MM too.

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
You know, I ended up watching an episode of Bakshis Mighty Mouse recently, somewhere, somehow. It might even have been here. I was amazed that this janky piece of shit had been hailed as an animation renaissance for decades. I still think Barrier is a crank, but a lot of those criticisms he had for R&S stand for MM too.
You have to consider the other type of shows that were on the air in 1987. Compared to them it was a breath of fresh air.

maguyver16

Wearing Blobfish undies to assuage wrongthink
kiwifarms.net
The 80s had a lot of safe and marketable shows that were meant mainly to sell toys, rather than having more creator driven work. The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse had jokes and other elements that actually could feel "edgy", more than simply having some villain in a mowhawk, or whatever. The art style feels a lot more striking and, abstract? than a lot of 80s cartoons.

Some examples of 80s cartoons
jpg.jpg

artworks-000073433273-z69j79-t500x500.jpg

And a still of Mighty Mouse

mightymousescrappy.jpg

I think it was less something good, and more something new.

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
The 80s had a lot of safe and marketable shows that were meant mainly to sell toys, rather than having more creator driven work. The New Adventures of Mighty Mouse had jokes and other elements that actually could feel "edgy", more than simply having some villain in a mowhawk, or whatever. The art style feels a lot more striking and, abstract? than a lot of 80s cartoons.

Some examples of 80s cartoons
View attachment 3338429
View attachment 3338430

And a still of Mighty Mouse

View attachment 3338431

I think it was less something good, and more something new.
Crude as it was - they had to make several episodes out of clips of old Terrytoons to save money - it really was new in the animation world of the 80s. When Craig McCracken was at CalArts, he remembers, everyone got up on Saturday mornings to watch the show.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Crude as it was - they had to make several episodes out of clips of old Terrytoons to save money - it really was new in the animation world of the 80s. When Craig McCracken was at CalArts, he remembers, everyone got up on Saturday mornings to watch the show.
The show certainly was like a big middle finger to an industry oversaturated by marketing commitments and educational consultants.

EDIT: I had to think of this again!

A Grey Cat

Meow
kiwifarms.net
I debated on whether or not to bring this up here on in the western animation thread but I felt it should be here since it doesn't exist.

Did you know way back when adult party cartoon was in production ole Johnny boy was planning on making a short that would air as part of it (when he thought it would last more than the 6 eps made/3 aired on TV) called "The succubus? "

It would have been based almost entirely on what happened between him an Robin Byrd...only entirely from Johns side of the story.... Like I get there's always two sides to every story but fucking wow John. That's opl Chris levels of spiteful.

No joke Chris in his last letter actually tried to pull the victim blaming card and said barb came on to him, but Chris is a giant internet laughing stock nobody outside these forums gives a shit about.

John K was an animator who had been given a second chance to redo his most influential show...as he wanted, with no limits.... And he was gonna use it to basically run a smear campaign against a girl who HE sexually harassed and say. "She came on to me! She was the one with loose morals and no values! "

Fucking.... wow John just fucking wow. I'm honestly glad the episode never say the light of day and if it exists it's only as doodles and sketches in John's private art collection that he uses to try and absolve himself of any guilt over what he did.

this thread hasn't been updated for nearly a month,
Because even though he's not dead yet or even in jail John K is a washed up hazbin who's reputation has been flushed away. His glory days are 30 years behind him, he's got one foot in the grave and the other on the permanent stigma of being a sex pest... Albeit a Hollywood one so all he can do now is dampen his depends and wait for ole grim to come a knocking.

Last edited:

Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
I debated on whether or not to bring this up here on in the western animation thread but I felt it should be here since it doesn't exist.

Did you know way back when adult party cartoon was in production ole Johnny boy was planning on making a short that would air as part of it (when he thought it would last more than the 6 eps made/3 aired on TV) called "The succubus? "

It would have been based almost entirely on what happened between him an Robin Byrd...only entirely from Johns side of the story.... Like I get there's always two sides to every story but fucking wow John. That's opl Chris levels of spiteful.

No joke Chris in his last letter actually tried to pull the victim blaming card and said barb came on to him, but Chris is a giant internet laughing stock nobody outside these forums gives a shit about.

John K was an animator who had been given a second chance to redo his most influential show...as he wanted, with no limits.... And he was gonna use it to basically run a smear campaign against a girl who HE sexually harassed and say. "She came on to me! She was the one with loose morals and no values! "

Fucking.... wow John just fucking wow. I'm honestly glad the episode never say the light of day and if it exists it's only as doodles and sketches in John's private art collection that he uses to try and absolve himself of any guilt over what he did.
The thing he wrote is earlier in the thread, I think...

But John is apparently spectacularly unaware that these women hate his guts. Did you see him saying "Hey, call me back, Robyn" in the documentary?