• ”I call it proof that The Kiwi Farms is nuttier than squirrel dung.”

Artcow Michael John Kricfalusi / John Kricfalusi / John K. / John K. Stuff / Raymond Spumscammer animator who pissed away his own career, salty blogger, CONFIRMED predator and child rapist

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by InLivingTuna, Mar 29, 2018.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

1. Like I said, everyone else on R&S could. Of course, they've all got their own styles and it shows in everything they do, but they can work within other styles, and often deliberately. Thad Komorowski once mentioned that one of the best artists on R&S got a job on the Dilbert cartoon so he could have something in a different style on his resume. (He didn't name him, but I will - it was Chris Reccardi.)

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Steamboat_Bill

Steamboat_Bill Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee

kiwifarms.net
  2. ...except shat out in early flash with awful color theory

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Like, why did John decide to limit himself? Shouldn't it get tiring just drawing the same disgusting designs over and over again?

The man worked at Filmation, DiC and Hanna-Barbara ffs. It doesn't matter if he hated his time at those studios, even they attempted to do more than one style. All John can do is that crappy, over the top style that other animators can do without looking like it was drawn with their mouth.

• Agree Agree x 10
    Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy (Cheesy 80s music intensifies)

kiwifarms.net

4. Here's an episode.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    FatFuckFrank

FatFuckFrank Is This Crescent Fresh?

kiwifarms.net
  5. Doesn't look too bad. At least they're not doing the "talk to the kids at home" shtick.

• Like Like x 5
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  6. He probably could, but he's since deliberately forgotten how, I assume, because he hated it at all of those studios.

When he was starting out, needless to say, he probably had to draw in a ton of different styles. In his first year at Filmation he was working on Fat Albert and their Flash Gordon and Mighty Mouse cartoons.

Note that this is also written by CatDog creator Peter Hannan, so it's a two-for-one on classic Nick creators here.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 6
    Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
  7. Also fun fact: The Head of programming at Nick who greenlit Rocko's Modern Life also greenlit Let's Go Luna on PBS Kids

• Feels Feels x 1
    FatFuckFrank

kiwifarms.net
  8. The great, sitar-playing executive Linda Simensky, of course, a woman who can say she's been a part of the great years at both Nick and Cartoon Network.

Did I talk about the story of how John even sold his show to begin with? The way you generally heard the story, he was at a meeting trying to sell the show, and as he was acting out a scene, his inhaler fell out of his pocket and hit Geraldine Laybourne in the face.

Her response: "Buy something from this man!" And that was how Nick picked up Ren and Stimpy.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
  9. Now this is a good example of women in the animation industry.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    FatFuckFrank

kiwifarms.net
  10. If there was one thing john was legitimately good at, (at least in his r&s days) it was picking up up young talent and training them to produce amazing work. I mean look at all of the shit that former r&s people worked on. Like post movie spongebob. Say what you want about the writing but some of that stuff is legitimately the best modern tv animation I have ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  11. A lot of the guys from Ren and Stimpy were actually people John had known on other projects - at Bakshi, at Tiny Toons, at his failed Beany and Cecil revival... And they were all about his age, needless to say.

John didn't start hiring young talent until after he was fired off R&S - and remember, this is when his pedo tendencies really came out. Now why do you think Spumco was always staffed with young talent?

(Admittedly quite a few of the young people at Spumco have gone on to other things, and some get work in the mainstream industry.)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 3
    Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
  12. I dont think he intentionally limits himself, more like he lacks any self-awareness. Theres plenty of cartoonists online that draw the same basic things repeatedly and never seem to notice (and if a fan does the dumb style defense wall rises).

On a side note, as much flack as Filmation/Hanna-Barbara get for their cheap animation, they werent half bad as far as backgrounds and character designs go, it was just that moving-part that they couldnt pull off.

Doesnt look half bad, the art styles quite refreshing compared to whats normally on TV.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  13. He probably could draw in other styles, but like I said, he chooses not to. He worked at Filmation, H-B and the like on shows with very different drawing styles doing storyboards and such; and keep in mind you had to be faithful to the show's style in your boards at the time.

(Of course, you have to wonder how he got into the business considering his time at college...)

• Agree Agree x 7
    Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
  14. I'm actually studying animation myself, a lot of my profs have shared stories about how much of a nut he was while they worked with him in school, R&S and Ripping Friends. I don't want to bug them for more details, especially given the predator controversy, but it's really interesting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  15. If they've already shared stories, would you mind sharing them here?

• Agree Agree x 3
    Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
  16. Unfortunately my memory is pretty shit. What I do remember is one where his mom got one of my profs to deliver him a gift sweater and John sperged out over it, saying how she's always breathing down his neck. Another is how he'd talk like a sailor with investors and executives and nearly jeopardize productions with his big mouth.

kiwifarms.net
  17. That's perfectly consistent with everything I've heard about him. Thank you anyway.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Steamboat_Bill

kiwifarms.net
  18. Ungrateful asshole from the sound of that first anecdote.

kiwifarms.net
  19. I mean H-B did manage the moving part better than Lou's company (considering they did those old Tom & Jerry shorts and all). But to say it was any good outside of their movie work by any real stretch would be a gross lie.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy (Cheesy 80s music intensifies)

kiwifarms.net
  20. No doubt having to work during that "dead period" of animation would put off a lot of people expecting more out of it I'm sure.

• Agree Agree x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.