Microsoft is making Windows 10 passwordless - It’s part of a bigger push to get rid of passwords

Daddy Dongle Dinkle

I can't twerk right now, but I'm trying!
kiwifarms.net
Lol! Passwords aren't that much of an inconvenience. Those who complain about passwords are the ones who use the same password on every website or use easily guessed ones. Password managers aren't hard to use (basic password database backup practices are also pretty easy). If you don't wish to pay for one, use KeePass. People are literally fucking pathetic these days.

yahooligan

web 1.0 newfag
kiwifarms.net
Lol! Passwords aren't that much of an inconvenience. Those who complain about passwords are the ones who use the same password on every website or use easily guessed ones. Password managers aren't hard to use (basic password database backup practices are also pretty easy). If you don't wish to pay for one, use KeePass. People are literally fucking pathetic these days.
The people who bitch worst about passwords are those who never learned to touch-type. (Mavis Beacon died for your sins, you lazy fucks! At least for me, the password ends up becoming a muscle-memory thing; I don't even think about every single character as I type it. Especially for a password you use every day, like your damn user account.)

These people are the ones who choose the shortest passwords out of sheer laziness, and in turn end up re-using them for a bunch of sites. My observation has been that after the usual top-20 passwords and the typical 19xx PINs and such, most of the unoriginal passwords are sports teams, which can be guessed from a quick look at somebody's desk or wallpaper. If MS really wanted to make Windows marginally more secure, they'd enforce better password rules and block all this easily-guessed shit (or ask users to pick a passphrase instead of some arbitrary combination of letters and numbers).

Re-using short passwords for anything other than throwaway accounts is just asking to get fucked over.

Last edited:

Gustav Schuchardt

kiwifarms.net
I won't be happy until my computer somehow verifies my dick to sign in, especially my work computer. Then women won't be able to use computers anymore, which is how it should be.
Won't they just shove their clitares into the webcam?

Well I guess my next "normie" computer will be one of those new Macbooks that went back to scissor switches.
Funnily enough Apple have actually got it right with Touch ID. Most of time you see a log in screen you can use Touch ID instead, it only occasionally asks for a password. Of course there's a significant and rising Apple Tax payment required compared to a cheap Windows machine.

Marco Fucko

sexy and I know it
kiwifarms.net
Funnily enough Apple have actually got it right with Touch ID. Most of time you see a log in screen you can use Touch ID instead, it only occasionally asks for a password. Of course there's a significant and rising Apple Tax payment required compared to a cheap Windows machine.
If I weren't a computer guy I would dead ass be an Apple customer. MacOS is a way better user experience, imo.

idosometimes

kiwifarms.net
PINs are only more secure because you have fewer chances at guessing them. If you miss the pin or picture password three times, you are forced to use the password unlock. My phone requires me to unlock with pin/passcode every so often even though my finger can unlock it. This limits unauthorized use to an extent when they do't have password.

The safest form of unlock is wienerprint. We leave fingerprints everywhere. Your face can be 3d printed fairly easily. Wieners are secure because no one has your wienerprint ever. Only you. And wienerprints also are more proof that dickgirls are best girls. Girlpussy btfo.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net
Won't they just shove their clitares into the webcam?
"SIT DOWN ON THE DILDO TO VERIFY USER"
b-but I'm a dude, don't you mean fleshlight or something?
"NO"

And while I like Windows 10 I strongly recommend using Win10 Pro, the home version is equivalent to a train ticket that allows you ride locked in a cage with the cattle.
It still blows my mind that they're slowly introducing bugs that breaks functionality that has worked ever since Windows 95.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
did I miss something in the recent Windowses? I was under the impression Windows passwords were about as strong as a post it note on the keyboard saying "please don't use this"

Smaug's Smokey Hole

dragron: the bruges tea soirée
kiwifarms.net
did I miss something in the recent Windowses? I was under the impression Windows passwords were about as strong as a post it note on the keyboard saying "please don't use this"
Variations of the old WinNT 4.0 workaround to bypass passwords worked up until at least Windows 7 and probably even after that.

Here's the old WinNT method.
winnt.gif

Count groudon

Saltier than Njord's left testicle
kiwifarms.net
Lol PINs are so easy to crack there’s literally games based around doing it. Hell, I found a lost phone a few months ago and I was able to bust into it with a few lucky guesses so I could find the user’s number and return it to her.

It really irks me how much big companies are so obsessed with stripping you of your privacy in an attempt to shove shit down your throat. Corporations definitely should not be able to dig through your life the way they do.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino