Microsoft is shutting down Mixer and partnering with Facebook Gaming - curb your enthusiasm & monopoly & Only thing to Stop it is end of Section 230&house always Wins

Fascist Ferret

reporting for duty
kiwifarms.net
Hey, can someone help me understand why this is an issue?

I assumed that mixer would be as censorious as other platforms, just different for interface reasons etc.

Was mixer less censorious and the platform switch will make it as censorious as twitch and others?

Cast Iron Pan

First-generation son of Antarcticano refugees
kiwifarms.net
ADL and friends have their sights on Facebook, in no small part because of the 2020 elections. So however bad it is now, it will get worse, probably within the month before this merger happens.
Tangent story:

The ADL boycott #StopHateForProfit, whose nebulous, undefined grievances are being used to further enable censorship or dissenting opinions/dissidents on Facebook, is now officially supported by Firefox. Just kind of pisses me off, as it makes no sense - how could anyone support that boycott when it can cite no examples, has no clear goals? Facebook already heavily censors non-lefty/non-lunatic opinions, with a aim for electoral fraud, how much further can they censor??

firefox hate.jpg

Maybe I should finally switch to Brave? (dammit!)

Letthepowerofgoutcompelyo

Holder of a 14 star George the animal steele card
kiwifarms.net
For the longest timer mixer had these afk "spark farming" streams for getting channel points for watching. Dumb shit like that Gandalf nodding to a song, the Forza horizon 4 load screen and nobody was really watching, just lurking. That was a huge turnoff.

Reactions: Thiletonomics

Broadwing

kiwifarms.net
Hey, can someone help me understand why this is an issue?

I assumed that mixer would be as censorious as other platforms, just different for interface reasons etc.

Was mixer less censorious and the platform switch will make it as censorious as twitch and others?
People (nobody here, mind, we're just here to laugh) are upset because on Mixer they were the bigger fishes in a much smaller pond. On Twitch most of these people are going to go completely unnoticed.

Other than that the two sites differ mostly in color scheme.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Tangent story:

The ADL boycott #StopHateForProfit, whose nebulous, undefined grievances are being used to further enable censorship or dissenting opinions/dissidents on Facebook, is now officially supported by Firefox. Just kind of pisses me off, as it makes no sense - how could anyone support that boycott when it can cite no examples, has no clear goals? Facebook already heavily censors non-lefty/non-lunatic opinions, with a aim for electoral fraud, how much further can they censor??

View attachment 1407930

Maybe I should finally switch to Brave? (dammit!)
Google chrome is a creepy tracker and it's plugin API is deliberately design to stop adblockers anyway we need our own creepy blocking API that will be used on all our users
for good purposes only to protest the government's abuse of power (police arresting black people for commiting crimes)

Lady Adjani

not actually a lady
kiwifarms.net
For a company as big as facebook, their interface sucks fucking dick. I'd be surprised most people even know Facebook Streaming ™ is a thing.

Twitch/Mixer/FB could disappear overnight and nothing of value would be lost.

Wilhelm Bittrich

My pronouns: fuck/off
kiwifarms.net
Mixer was once Beam. That didn't last long.

I actually expected Mixer to last longer than it has.

I feel a little bad that Microsoft just threw the rug under them, but at the same time, don't quit your regular job. There's no telling how long this Internet fame would last.
The problem is not really with Mixer itself, the problem is that Microsoft accquired Beam then renamed it into Mixer and then had no fucking concept where to go from that point on.
Mixer could have been and, IMHO, would have been a serious competitor to Twitch, but that would have needed time (in terms of years maybe even a decade), serious monetary investments from Microsoft and some serious PR campaign to make it a known brand name.
That they bought e-celebs like Shroud and Ninja and thought it would bring them viewership just showed that they didn't have a clue what they were doing over at Microsoft.

About the regular job thing. I find it sometimes highly disturbing that there are people who really think that they could become the new Shroud or Ninja or whatever dude is the flavor of the month. Guys, gals, that ship has sailed years ago, if the term "saturated market" wouldn't already exist it would be invented just for all those spergs on YT/Twitch/whatever.
It's a nice monthly side income at best and most do not even make that much.

kiwifarms.net
I checked up on this shithole today and 98 percent of it is just static screens advertising where they moved their shitty streams to. Hypezones for the battle royales are dead.
Everything, dead.

I didn't even see that Monstercat channel going which was the only thing I ended up using during the first six months of Mixer.

I hope these bitches understand that playing Animal crossing looking like they're holding back a big shit isn't going to take them too far elsewhere.

kiwifarms.net
Alot of the lame mixer bitches, who were riding high playing Fortshite and Animal Crossing have gotten affiliate and partner quickly and already smug all over social media.
Collecting founders badges and all the 100x100 pixels a neet can dream of.
I think it's pretty artificial. They seem to be blowing their last mixer payout on each other and the bubble will burst.

Everyday a new engineered scandal erupts like angry spooge from a gfuel drinkers rapey cock, in the gaming world and the global economy is moving closer to a crash. I think one way or another Twitch is gone by the end of the year. I hate all this shit.
The level of internet and game technology needs to revert to the 1996-2000 level for this current insanity to end.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Alot of the lame mixer bitches, who were riding high playing Fortshite and Animal Crossing have gotten affiliate and partner quickly and already smug all over social media.
Collecting founders badges and all the 100x100 pixels a neet can dream of.
I think it's pretty artificial. They seem to be blowing their last mixer payout on each other and the bubble will burst.

Everyday a new engineered scandal erupts like angry spooge from a gfuel drinkers rapey cock, in the gaming world and the global economy is moving closer to a crash. I think one way or another Twitch is gone by the end of the year. I hate all this shit.
The level of internet and game technology needs to revert to the 1996-2000 level for this current insanity to end.
Amazon gets a cut of subs and probably pays nothing for the streaming since they have a cloud set-up for business already. You are delusional if you think Twitch goes away in five months.

kiwifarms.net
Amazon gets a cut of subs and probably pays nothing for the streaming since they have a cloud set-up for business already. You are delusional if you think Twitch goes away in five months.
Waaay too many scandals that will affect Amazon's bottom line.

Give this a few months. Amazon will not want a product line that features its creators drugging and raping the shit out of each other once wokeness hits its peak pre election.

If and when someplace like kotaku does a story about Dsp desperately squeezing money out of retards to fund jpegs of oily men, having gone bankrupt in the process that's a black eye for the product.
The kind of fucked up excess that could have only previously been in a bad sitcom. Like Jake from 2 and a half men could have lost 20,000 to some waifu mobile game if the show were made now.

That might even end up in some late night comedians monologue for being utterly pathetic.
When old people become aware of Twitch and how shitty it's content creators are, that's when it hits the fan.
Grandma will get it wrong and think ninja is roofie-ing girls at Twitchcon and fucking them until they cry. In the age of easy to use internet I had this Estelle Costanza type come to my factory to do easy old lady work (capping finished hydraulics. Chris chan couldn't even fuck that up.) and she referenced a talk show murder from the 90s and said "Jenny Jones shot somebody right in the head. Boom". When it was one of her former guests.

Once stupid ass old boomers and ww2 karens get ahold of misinformation they're fucked

I was speculating that Mixer was gone by december and now its in about 9 days.

Twitch is still losing money, which is why they're shoving ads up everybody's ass and took ad free away from Prime viewers.

Last edited:
Tags
None