Microsoft rumored to buy EA valve, pugb -

• We are being DDoS attacked still and 12,000 people are reading about incest. Expect weird errors. Most should go away by refreshing.

whatever I feel like

Disney Diaper Size Fetish Enthusiast
kiwifarms.net
They spent a billion dollars on Minecraft and didn't even make it exclusive... Its hard for me to believe too, but if they think this game pass thing is their key to games as a service being a success then they might be willing to open their wallets again.

Adolf Von Merkel

kiwifarms.net
Steam is essentially Valve's money printing factory. Valve barely even releases games anymore with how much Steam is keeping them afloat. The last thing they'd ever do is give somebody a split of the profits for a one-time deal at the cost of dropping a long term money-making platform. Valve itself has proclaimed their freeform workplace where people just do whatever they want and form groups instead of working under a hierarchy. There's no reason they would ever drop this ethic in exchange for being owned by a larger corporate entity.
I know people who hate that system.They think is corrupt ,neoliberal and more stupid things.
I remember a video of a guy who was basically " I hate valve because they did the antipiracy thing with half live 2 , I didn't like HL2 and people are stupid to think steam are their friend bc is a Company and no company is friend, please buy games in GOG and itchi those service are better".
I don't care about valve but those guys are hilarious.

AnOminous

i will eat your fucking soul
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I know people who hate that system.They think is corrupt ,neoliberal and more stupid things.
I remember a video of a guy who was basically " I hate valve because they did the antipiracy thing with half live 2 , I didn't like HL2 and people are stupid to think steam are their friend bc is a Company and no company is friend, please buy games in GOG and itchi those service are better".
I don't care about valve but those guys are hilarious.

Steam is brilliant. It got people to do what was nearly impossible to do previously: actually pay for video games instead of just pirating them. Unlike previous DRM efforts that simply infuriated most users and got easily circumvented anyway, Steam added just enough upside to it that a lot more people willingly went along with it and bought in. Multiplayer games where the major servers relied on corporate support because of heavy bandwidth overhead, where license checking ensured only legit copies could play, also helped out on this.

The ability just to log into Steam from anywhere and immediately install anything you have is probably the biggest plus. No more messing around with home-burned pirate CDs or thumb drives or other nonsense. Convenience sells.

Sure you can still pirate stuff but it's much less universal than it was.

Piss Clam

Squeeze me.
kiwifarms.net
Valve is making money hand over fist. The question is how much money does gabe want. How much more money can you have and watch your project get shitted on.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Valve is privately held, and I don't see GabeN selling it to Microsoft. He's personally one of the richest people on the planet and in a borderline monopoly position over the PC game industry, seriously why would he sell other than simply hand it off to someone else to manage while he retires and maintains ownership.

I don't see a ton of value in EA, beyond their licenses. What killer dev teams do they have that would be hard to replicate? EA DICE? Their GM left in 2016 and is now leading up a studio for Ubisoft, and I hear he's actively poaching his old colleagues.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Valve is not a publically traded company. Therefore, Valve can only willingly sell to them. Which would be fucking idiotic as Steam is a money printer. So I highly doubt Gaben would sell. Microsoft can only make an offer.

EA is publically traded and Microsoft can simply buy enough stock and do a hostile takeover of it if they wanted it. EA might be willing to sell as its rep is in the fucking dirt and Battlefield is the only viable IP they have besides The Sims.

@CrunkLord420 They might buy EA for all the IPs they own, which is more valuable than EA itself. But I doubt it. It would be funny if MS did buy it and just dissolved everything except DICE. It would be delicious irony for all the times EA did that to others.

whatever I feel like

kiwifarms.net
EA has loads of IP but I feel that MS doesn't care about anything bar the biggest IPs. They might want studios like DICE, Bioware, EA Sports, etc more. They needs studios from somewhere, after having spent the past decade killing all of their old ones.

TheClorax

kiwifarms.net
So, a shitty company with Halo and Xbone as it’s only income wants to eat 2 more shitty companies that are have only one thing keeping them afloat.
Ok, sure.

someweebname

Robot Combiner Dinosaur Space Pope
kiwifarms.net
The Only positive thing that came from Microsoft buying a company was Notch going full on shitposting on twitter cause he was bored. Those tweets were a joy to read just for the backlash alone .

Nazi vegeta

kiwifarms.net
Speaking of microsoft, how is it possible that sea of thieves beta/stress test, are pulling those numbers on twitch?
Everywhere I go, nobody ever talks about the game.

Bots? Free codes? Bribes? Shills?

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of microsoft, how is it possible that sea of thieves beta/stress test, are pulling those numbers on twitch?
Everywhere I go, nobody ever talks about the game.

Bots? Free codes? Bribes? Shills?

Pretty much common knowledge that game companies (even small ones) pay streamers to play games. Many more streamers get free codes. If you see no buzz, probably a paid for deal.

whatever I feel like

kiwifarms.net
Well remember, the previous streams were part of a closed beta (aka they picked who got in) and even before that they gave an even more select group of "social media influencers" access for those E3 streams. Also the game looks damn good, visually. I am not really into online multiplayer only games but I can't wait for that type of water to be used for something that I do care about.

MysteriousStranger

literally who
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The ability just to log into Steam from anywhere and immediately install anything you have is probably the biggest plus. No more messing around with home-burned pirate CDs or thumb drives or other nonsense. Convenience sells.

I was pissed when I went to buy HL2 and I was forced to take Steam with it. I hated the idea of the cloud, I hated that I had to be logged in to play anything.

Then a year or so later, I had a catastrophic computer crash. When I got the new computer up and running, logged into my Steam account...and there were all my games, ready for re-downloading. Ohhhhhhh.