Microsoft will unveil the next version of Windows on June 24th - What's next after Windows 10?

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

iloveallah

kiwifarms.net
Listen up fags: TPM, secure boot, and even UEFI are absolutely not required to install and use Windows 11. If you copy sources\install.wim from the 11 iso to your windows 10 USB it will install on UEFI or MBR without bitching a single time. They are requirements in name only, same as ryzen/newer Intel CPUs being "not compatible" with windows 7 updates.

820㎌Cap

Powering YOUR electronics since 1745!
kiwifarms.net
same as ryzen/newer Intel CPUs being "not compatible" with windows 7 updates.
That's the only reason I'm on 10, unfortunately... we need history to repeat itself, but now with a windows 7 source code leak, I'm sure the weaponized autists could make it work with Ryzen, considering it's a purely artificial limitation(would probably even run better than if microshart had done it).

PetrifiedTom

Po_0petrator
kiwifarms.net
Listen up fags: TPM, secure boot, and even UEFI are absolutely not required to install and use Windows 11. If you copy sources\install.wim from the 11 iso to your windows 10 USB it will install on UEFI or MBR without bitching a single time. They are requirements in name only, same as ryzen/newer Intel CPUs being "not compatible" with windows 7 updates.
Windows 11 won't provide security updates without TPM so you are particularly fucked if some new malware of virus hits the internet badly because you will be more vulnerable than running Windows 98 on potato.

According to the latest reporting and what we've heard directly from Microsoft, you can indeed install Windows 11 on older PCs that don't meet the Windows 11 system requirements. On those machines, Windows 11 will run in an "unsupported state" that may cause you to miss out on important security fixes and Windows updates.

In any case kids, don't install Windows 11.

White Devil

Well I may be a monster, but you're gay.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What do you do, manually download and install all the updates from .msi every time?
I'll probably just check monthly for updates and avoid the Win 11 one. Does anyone have a KB number yet for it?

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll probably just check monthly for updates and avoid the Win 11 one. Does anyone have a KB number yet for it?
If you're just looking to disable the forced upgrade, how about disabling TPM in your BIOS? I have a machine that meets all the upgrade requirements except TPM, and it just puts up a whine box on the Windows Update screen saying "Not compatible with 11".

White Devil

Well I may be a monster, but you're gay.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're just looking to disable the forced upgrade, how about disabling TPM in your BIOS? I have a machine that meets all the upgrade requirements except TPM, and it just puts up a whine box on the Windows Update screen saying "Not compatible with 11".
I guess I just figured going through services was easier. Also reminded me to disable other shit like geolocation and the Xbox garbage.

totallyrandomusername

kiwifarms.net
I wanted to say thanks directly for the information. This stuff is a big deal to me. I've also heard that it displays ads in the Start menu! That's unacceptable in a product I pay for to try and exploit me for additional ad revenues.
There are no ads.

I guess I just figured going through services was easier. Also reminded me to disable other shit like geolocation and the Xbox garbage.
Always better to disable in UEFI/BIOS. Windows can't do anything about it at that point.

Overly Serious

kiwifarms.net
There are no ads.

That's good to know. Ads were mentioned in a L1 Techs video on W11. It sounded like if you searched, i.e. hit Windows button and start typing, it would show ads to you in results.

As an aside, I managed with great effort to stop the Start Menu searching the Web when I typed. Not sure if that's still possible on W11.

PetrifiedTom

Po_0petrator
kiwifarms.net
Guy, guys...
Everything you write in Search box in Windows 10/11 is send to MS to optimize search results. As long as you have internet connection everything you search on your local PC (like your waifus and sweet lolis) are send to MS. You have to manually disable it or use some script debloater to disable this function. They also monitor last files opened on your PC. Did you download latest Bond or some sweet game you have been waiting for? Well, MS knows what file you opened last night.

The checkboxes in Windows 10/11 does jack shit. It just eases your temper that you "care" but actually does nothing at all. To disable it I suggest running something like Windows10 Privacy or some script you might find over the web.

Last edited:

blablabla

kiwifarms.net
even better, you download the w11 iso. extract it open some .dll with notes and straight up delete shit. i installed w11 yesterday and no problem so far
i use a xeon1246 paired with an rx590 and im enjoing it so far

Blood Bath & Beyond

Russian Bot
kiwifarms.net
Guy, guys...
Everything you write in Search box in Windows 10/11 is send to MS to optimize search results. As long as you have internet connection everything you search on your local PC (like your waifus and sweet lolis) are send to MS. You have to manually disable it or use some script debloater to disable this function. They also monitor last files opened on your PC. Did you download latest Bond or some sweet game you have been waiting for? Well, MS knows what file you opened last night.

The checkboxes in Windows 10/11 does jack shit. It just eases your temper that you "care" but actually does nothing at all. To disable it I suggest running something like Windows10 Privacy or some script you might find over the web.
First off I will state the obvious: Don't use Windows, find a Linux distro and spend a day learning how to use it.

Second: If you DO need to use Windows for some reason, pirate it, learn how to edit the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection\AllowTelemetry (0) is a good start), update the ADMX, use Group Policy or PolicyPlus and annihilate their bullshit.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
use Group Policy or PolicyPlus
I prefer ShutUp10 for privacy-related policy tweaking. They've done the legwork of figuring out what policy needs to be set to what already, and simplified it. (Quick, should "Do Not Disable Telemetry Suppression" be set to "Enabled", "Not Enabled", "Disabled", "Not Disabled", or "Not Configured"? Bleah.)

Art Kassul

kiwifarms.net
microsoft pc health check.jpg
Windows 10 just installed this on my system somehow. I have automatic updates from both Store and Windows Update disabled. Apparently, it is a tool to update to Windows 11. These slimy goddamn whores!

mfw angry floyd riots ca2nt breathe 06.jpg

IamnottheNSA

Nobody is listening
kiwifarms.net

PetrifiedTom

Po_0petrator
kiwifarms.net
even better, you download the w11 iso. extract it open some .dll with notes and straight up delete shit. i installed w11 yesterday and no problem so far
i use a xeon1246 paired with an rx590 and im enjoing it so far

Do you get security updates?