'Midnight Sun' is finally here and 'Twilight' fans have already started binge-reading it - a how-to on how you piss off history majors with your persephone and hades retelling

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whatever. As far as im concerned the die-hard twi-tards got the last laugh over all of us who sneered at them, since atleast their franchise is still everything they fell in love with.

More than every other western fucking franchise got this past decade....

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
Blame Lindsay Ellis, she made the bullshit claim that people only hated it because it was aimed at teenage girls, and that led to a bunch of her cocksucker fans blindly going along with it.
I somehow doubt a video with 2 million views had much to do with a fan base returning to a series that has sold over 100 million copies.

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Will the Prince of Seattle call a blood hunt on Edward for such a flagrant Masquerade violation?

That's what I want to know, goddammit!

Still, if Twilight of all things is coming back...then 2020 is truly gonna be worse than I thought.

I'm wondering what a vampire novel written by various KF regulars would look like.

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's because I'm just so burnt out by all the other shit media that has come out in more recent years, but was Twilight really that bad?

I mean, yeah, it was poorly-written, and had a fuckton of horrifying implications, but was it really that bad? I genuinely do not remember.
I'm wondering what a vampire novel written by various KF regulars would look like.
Twilight, but all the characters are replaced with KF users. Null can be head of the Voltaire, or something.

Syaoran Li

Goth Mom Resurrection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Maybe it's because I'm just so burnt out by all the other shit media that has come out in more recent years, but was Twilight really that bad?

I mean, yeah, it was poorly-written, and had a fuckton of horrifying implications, but was it really that bad? I genuinely do not remember.

Twilight, but all the characters are replaced with KF users. Null can be head of the Voltaire, or something.

I mean, it was really bad by the standards of the late 2000's/very early 2010's. The real issue was not the shitty books themselves, but the fandom. Twilight was probably the first cringe-inducing fandom that was fully mainstream at the time (Sonic didn't become the laughing stock it is today until well after its 90's heyday) and it was kinda everywhere, both online and offline.

Consider the state of fandom and pop culture at the time Twilight was at its peak. There wasn't a lot of terrible fandoms out there that had a lot of mainstream attention. Most of the ones that were tended to be obscure, almost entirely confined to niche and mostly online groups, or both.

The only other fandom from that era that were as bad as Twilight was likely Hetalia (Naruto as well, tbh) and the only one that was far worse were the Bronies. Harry Potter was probably just as bad as well, but it kinda skated by because the Potter fans liked to dunk on Twilight a lot, so they looked better by comparison.

Then Steven Universe, the MCU, and the Culture Wars bullshit of the 2010's came along and showed us all what truly constituted god-awful media and fandoms.

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
I mean, it was really bad by the standards of the late 2000's/very early 2010's. The real issue was not the shitty books themselves, but the fandom. Twilight was probably the first cringe-inducing fandom that was fully mainstream at the time (Sonic didn't become the laughing stock it is today until well after its 90's heyday) and it was kinda everywhere, both online and offline.

Consider the state of fandom and pop culture at the time Twilight was at its peak. There wasn't a lot of terrible fandoms out there that had a lot of mainstream attention. Most of the ones that were tended to be obscure, almost entirely confined to niche and mostly online groups, or both.

The only other fandom from that era that were as bad as Twilight was likely Hetalia (Naruto as well, tbh) and the only one that was far worse were the Bronies. Harry Potter was probably just as bad as well, but it kinda skated by because the Potter fans liked to dunk on Twilight a lot, so they looked better by comparison.

Then Steven Universe, the MCU, and the Culture Wars bullshit of the 2010's came along and showed us all what truly constituted god-awful media and fandoms.
Potter fans would have to wait a decade before they overtook Twihards in being obnoxiously horrible. At the very least, if Stephanie Meyer said that trans women are not women, I doubt her fans would start blathering about “death of the author” and all that bullshit.

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
Meyer is a bad writer but at least in the past, she wrote original shit, her ideas were new.
For example, the premise of The Host was pretty good even if the execution was lacking.
Now, she's doing the same thing that everybody else is doing and making more of the thing that made her famous.
Fuck originality, a new villa ain't gonna buy itself.

Tags
None