• Wow! We've got four likes already!
  1. The site will be going down for maintenance on February 24th for the XenForo 2 upgrade. Read more. (Update Feb-13)

Mighty No 9: Game Discussion, Dina Controversy etc. (3DS/VITA PORTS STILL NOT OUT)Worse than an anime fan on prom night

Discussion in 'Games' started by Alan Pardew, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Since there's quite a lot of Dina discussion in the GamerGate thread, and I think there's more to discuss, I think I might as well make a thread here.
    [​IMG]

Mighty No. 9 (マイティーナンバーナイン Maitī Nanbā Nain) is an upcoming action-platform video game in development by Comcept in conjunction with Inti Creates, and produced by Keiji Inafune. The creation of the game was based on the online crowdfunding website, Kickstarter,[3] and incorporates heavy input from the public. Mighty No. 9 very closely resembles another Inafune creation, Mega Man, in both gameplay and character design, and is considered by many as its spiritual successor.

The minimum Kickstarter goal for Mighty No. 9 was successfully funded on September 2, 2013, after only two days of the creation of the page. However, several other features including additional stages, special modes and ports to other platforms were confirmed after additional "stretch goals" related to it were achieved, increasing the total funds obtained to over 400% of the original goal.

The game is in development for Linux, Microsoft Windows, Nintendo 3DS, OS X, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Apparently, there's also other projects for this, including an animated series and there's fundings for a new DLC for a boss fight and an extra stage.

Controversy

The controversy happened when Dina Abou Karam, a SJW has been hired by Comcept as a community manager/artist due to her friends/bf. The below video explained pretty much everything. To tl;dr it happened when she was trying to push for a female protagonist for the game (or changing the gender of the main character Beck, idk), she isn't even a Megaman fan at all (she later backpedals by posting that Megaman X is her favorite game), later DELETING FUCKING EVERYTHING on her Twitter, and much much more. (There's far more beyond this, this is just a summary)

But that's not all though, during the GamerGate controversy, Dina banned several members for mentioning about the GamerGate issue, one of them is someone who backed $300 to the project. Currently, she's still on a rampage on Twitter about being suicidal and GamerGate.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew man90000009nam
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Die Inafune

• Agree  x 3
    • Autistic  x 2
    • Like  x 1
    • Winner  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    • Feels  x 1
    KingofManga420

KingofManga420 So long, and thanks for all the sekclintons

kiwifarms.net
  3. In regards to that, one thing I remember reading is that while Inafune may have importance in Megaman, that importance was just in the X series in regards to Zero or something like that. Plus, he didn't design Megaman from what I heard. Either way, one wonders if Inafune would even get rid of Dina considering how she acts and all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    c-no

c-no Minnesota Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. He's widely regarded as a hack in Japan and they were aware of his bullshit.

Alan Pardew forgot to mention how big his role is in making MN9 shit by him constantly asking for more money after they met the stretch goals so that they could incorporate the stretch goals that were already met.

And then he outright lies about the animated series. "Oh, we didn't pay money for them to make it! They took a risk on a completely untested IP and paid for it all on themselves because they believe in Beck! Now give me more money so I can give you the English voice acting I promised you and put a shitty rip off of Zero into my spiritual sequel! JAPANESE GAMES ARE DEAD"

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
    KingofManga420

kiwifarms.net
  5. According to wikipedia he was character and object designer in the older Megaman and Megaman X games and a producer in a lot of the later megaman games. It seems he quit doing game designing back in the SNES days.

• Informative Informative x 4
    King n Yellow

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. He was not the one who designed Mega Man, or any of the original Robot Masters though if I'm not mistaken. That would be Akira Kitamura, I think.

In fact Zero was what Inafune wanted Mega Man to look like which is why later in the series life Zero is so prominent to the point of getting his own series.

• Informative Informative x 8
    KingofManga420

kiwifarms.net
  7. I kinda lost interest with this awhile back. Is the game still happening? Is the main character a girl now? I know a lot of people got their money back from them because they got banned.

• Like Like x 2
    Iamthatis

Iamthatis User, booser, and loser.

kiwifarms.net
  8. It is still happening but the gameplay looks sluggish and boring, the girl is playable but its either or. You have to go through a lot of loops to get money back and they tried generally to just not do it despite them constantly pissing on their entire community.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    KingofManga420

kiwifarms.net
  9. Well this Dinah is fruitcake and a half. She seems to have quite the vomiting fetish if you read her face book.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    Iamthatis

Iamthatis User, booser, and loser.

kiwifarms.net
  10. A vomiting fetish. Oh my, one would ask for some post on that if simply because of morbid curiosity. That would shed some new light.

• Agree Agree x 4
    c-no

c-no Minnesota Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Seeing this makes me wish I hadn't donated money in the first place...

• Feels Feels x 9
    ASoulMan

ASoulMan It's time for assembly...FROM HELL!!!

kiwifarms.net
  12. If someone was going to tell me that the next game to follow in the steps of Duke Nukem being so outdated in premise that its release brought along a tidal wave of controversy, the fact the Megaman style games are even remotely close to being just that would have sounded utterly rediculous months ago.

But now? What I'm sure would have been deemed acceptible early beta playtesting footage much earlier than now with less total funding is now heavily implying this is going to implode catastrophically for all involved because of nepotism.

• Like Like x 2
    Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Resident KF Transformers Expert

kiwifarms.net
  13. The problem with DNF wasn't its premise, but that the game itself sucked, the engine was vastly out of date, and its story content was just the final insult. It was offensive and stupid in a way that its predecessors weren't.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    AnOminous

AnOminous sittin in the fabled catbird seat
    True & Honest Fan Retired Staff

kiwifarms.net
  14. Nepotism and exploitation. Inafune doesn't care about Mega Man or creating a spiritual sequel, he sees games as a product to be exploited and other developers have spoken out on him about this (based Hideki Kamiya).

Speaking of the two of them, Kamiya hated working for Capcom but he stayed on and finished DmC 4 before making his own company. Inafune started MM Legends 3, left in the middle of development which likely led to the PR shitstorm that Capcom pulled and went on to make his own company.

He's a business man, and he saw that when he asked for 800 K, Mega Man fans were willing to give him 4 million dollars.

• Informative Informative x 7
    KingofManga420

kiwifarms.net
  15. Sooo... they mentioned a co-op mode with Call.
    So they were already planning to have her playable.

Dina confirmed for trying to start shit.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. There's the fact Dina might be embezzling funds, too. Like, look at it this way- Kyoto is not a cheap place to live. Game studios tend to pay employees like shit, outside of giants like Nintendo. Where the hell is she getting the money to donate to ZQ's patreon every damn month when she's probably tight for money herself?

Also I regret ever being hype for MN9 because all of Comcept's games are garbage and Inafune is why Capcom is more or less shitting itself lately. Like, holy shit, HOW DID THEY MAKE YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z A WORSE GAME THAN DMC: DEVIL MAY CRY. HOW.

You can easily do a chargeback through your bank.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    Hodor

Hodor z-list shitposter

kiwifarms.net
  17. This game has never even looked that good. People paid this much for a Mega Man clone? I played Azure Striker Gunvolt and there's seriously a (villain) character that they refer to with "xir" pronouns. It was a ripoff.

• Like Like x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  18. The translators did that though. And it offended everyone so that's nice.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    KingofManga420

kiwifarms.net
  19. This project has ruined Inafune's legacy.

Prior to Mighty Number 9 Inafune was treated with as much reverence as some of the other legendary game devs like Satoshi Tajiri and Nobuo Uematsu (in the West). However since Mighty Number 9 people that have worked with him have even come out and basically stated he was more of a businessman than an actual creative person. And so much shit has come to light about not only him but what degree of actual control he had on his projects.

Much like everyone that sides with these SJWs like Tim Schafer, Inafune has basically destroyed what legacy he had. Now in 10 years when people look back on him they're not going to look at the "creator of Megaman". They're going to look at "the guy who took credit for making Megaman".

This is what happens when you put so much consumer dissatisfaction into your hardcore fans. I've read on /v/ about people who backed the kickstarter there having to go right to their bank to get chargebacks because they were refused refunds.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Feels Feels x 2
    #19 Watcher, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
    Watcher

Watcher Cishet dudebro

kiwifarms.net
  20. No, it wasn't having the existing female character be playable.

It was making the primary and male character instead be female, based on some pretty ugly looking art Dina posted no less.

The amusing thing is that he almost would have gotten away with all this.

With Capcom basically imploding - publicly stating they're literally unable to financially support an in-house game anymore last year - and the entire consumer base furious at their shitty nickel-and-dimming practice of whoring out DLCs as the main money maker instead of actually making quality games to begin with and how they somehow forgot Megaman existed (the one thing they did for his 25th anniversary? Publish a fan game where he fights characters from Street Fighter), the fact some guy comes around with a slick presentation and promises of what Capcom had failed to produce for them for years by then? Sure, they'll throw money at him, because his game was obviously a very nice Megaman style clone with one or two new ideas in the rough concept stages, which is more than Capcom even did for the pointless DMC:biggrin:evil May Cry reboot nobody wanted nor liked (it's actually so bad that if you set the language to Spanish and give everybody mustaches, it becomes legitimately better)

Also here's the sequel, included just because if you liked "Donte', el extermidor de demonios," you'll love how it gets stepped up.

Anyway, point is these people were a marketing person's wet dream, just the promise of a new Megaman game for the modern generation that wasn't just a straight up retro-fied platformer had people throw money at the screens. Purely based on what little they saw.

But when there's so little you need to farm millions of dollars like that, you have to make sure that the easy money isn't spooked off if something goes amis. Even Dina being a power mongering whore instead of backing down or even just saying female MN9 was not actually happening wouldn't have screwed the project over, but what did MN9 in was the absolute lack of damage control on Inafune's part. Nothing turns people against a project when the "passionate" head of the entire thing inexplicably doesn't even lift a finger to quell the problems that would sink his ship.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Resident KF Transformers Expert

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.