Millennial Woes / Colin Robertson - Chain-smoking Alcoholic, Racist Degenerate, Welfare Leech, Weilder of the God Rod

tantric_depressive

Be kind, REEEEEE
kiwifarms.net
^^^I'd like for her to refer to what specific crime he perpetrated against her myself, instead of this vague open-ended "what he did to me". I don't even have a horse in this race, it's just annoying, and way too open to anyone's imagination/interpretation. Like a perfectly considered way to word in her own favor, if all he did was try to awkwardly kiss her while smelling British or sumthin
edit : no offense to any British in here. I bet you all smell lovely 👃*snifffss* yup, yeah, you alright. I guess you're the good ones then

LukeSkyFarter

kiwifarms.net
Mark told everyone in his public statement that it was a 20 year old American girl. Well it is possible that Mark lied about her attributes to throw people off of the scent of who was making that claim. But on the flip side when Mark made that statement, I saw zero people calling bullshit on it. Not one person said that there wasn't a 20 something American girl at the conference. Given that the conference is kind of smallish and is completely focused on the UK, people from other countries especially as far away as the US should stand out.

That said, we have that screen grab.

People have speculated that the mystery girl was Lucy Brown, but that does not look like her writing style (please anyone one else put your 2 cents in on this).

Also it comes off solidly as American speech with the possible exception of the line "I was going to ring to ask". An American would typically say 'call' instead of 'ring.' It could be a regional US variation that I am not aware of. But it doesn't match. It isn't as if we don't use the slang term "ring" in the US at all. The specific examples given on this British slang webpage https://fundforeducationabroad.org/journals/british-slang-101/ would be used and seem normal. But NOT the way she used it. It is possible that if she came to the England for a conference, and has been speaking to Mark (an English guy) quite a bit over this issue, it is possible she picked up the slang use from Mark and is reflecting it back at him. Not unusual for an American to pick up slang terms & usages when they travel, and use that slang back when talking to people from that country.

Anyone here from England have a perspective on that screen grab? Any word or phrase usage that seems off to you or comes across as clearly not British?

That said, the more I look at that screen grab, the more it looks like a Queen Bee trying to control others and everyone around her that she interacts with. Everyone just needs to get in line and swarm around her and her needs. She is the one that needs to be in charge and they all need to follow her orders.
Mate, after all this, how can we rely on the writing style? Just because I use the word mate right now doesn't mean I am British, I can fake it and that is the point with this whole drama, a mix between fiction and reality. I don't see how it could be a 20 years old American girl with the timing of the Patriotic Alternative conference, the available photographic and verbal evidence.

SweatyScotchEggs

kiwifarms.net
Anyone here from England have a perspective on that screen grab? Any word or phrase usage that seems off to you or comes across as clearly not British?
On balance I think it's written by a Brit, as you mentioned apparently "to ring" is not used by Americans (it's also not slang here, just a neutral word for 'call'), then there's "Lots of the PA folk", not "folks" which is the usual American/Obama/Silicon Valley gay word. Finally she says "the majority of the PA lot", which is like "you lot" = "you (plural)", and I think a clear Britishism. The one possible Americanism is "so freaking apparent", but yank-culture is obviously hegemonic here, so some Americanisms in British speech are to be expected. Many British people, unaware of how cucked to the yanks they are being, do use that word.

Reactions: MunsterCheese

Gigantic Faggot

kiwifarms.net
If only people like Woes could actually convince his followers to get more jobs like those, leading by example with self improvement, there wouldn't be a need for Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Pakistani, or any non-white that you do not like in United Kingdom in the first place.
Do you really think we ever needed them?

• Winner
Reactions: Shaka Brah

Hesa

kiwifarms.net
Mark told everyone in his public statement that it was a 20 year old American girl. Well it is possible that Mark lied about her attributes to throw people off of the scent of who was making that claim. But on the flip side when Mark made that statement, I saw zero people calling bullshit on it. Not one person said that there wasn't a 20 something American girl at the conference. Given that the conference is kind of smallish and is completely focused on the UK, people from other countries especially as far away as the US should stand out.

That said, we have that screen grab.

People have speculated that the mystery girl was Lucy Brown, but that does not look like her writing style (please anyone one else put your 2 cents in on this).

Also it comes off solidly as American speech with the possible exception of the line "I was going to ring to ask". An American would typically say 'call' instead of 'ring.' It could be a regional US variation that I am not aware of. But it doesn't match. It isn't as if we don't use the slang term "ring" in the US at all. The specific examples given on this British slang webpage https://fundforeducationabroad.org/journals/british-slang-101/ would be used and seem normal. But NOT the way she used it. It is possible that if she came to the England for a conference, and has been speaking to Mark (an English guy) quite a bit over this issue, it is possible she picked up the slang use from Mark and is reflecting it back at him. Not unusual for an American to pick up slang terms & usages when they travel, and use that slang back when talking to people from that country.

That said, the more I look at that screen grab, the more it looks like a Queen Bee trying to control others and everyone around her that she interacts with. Everyone just needs to get in line and swarm around her and her needs. She is the one that needs to be in charge and they all need to follow her orders.
It's the English spelling of behaviour rather than the American so with ring as a term and the spelling I'd say this was UK English.
I seriously doubt it's Lucy Brown.

• Informative
Reactions: MunsterCheese

Hazel Motes

"I can smell the sin on your breath"
kiwifarms.net
Englishmen here. From first guesses I'd say it is an English female writing that. Gut instinct is all but it doesn't seem American.

MunsterCheese

The Good Scout
kiwifarms.net
It's the English spelling of behaviour rather than the American so with ring as a term and the spelling I'd say this was UK English.
I seriously doubt it's Lucy Brown.
From a US perspective, that spelling seems normal to me. A misspelling of the word is autocorrected by both Google Search & MS Word (US editions) to "behaviour." But MS Word (US) does accept "behavior" without a complaint. However the autocorrect for Google Chrome gives me "behavior." I performed a search on a common local US newspaper's website. They use the spelling "behavior."

It is difficult to say. The spelling of the US word seems to be drifting a bit between the US & British spellings. (Probably being driven by autocorrect features.) But given the local US newspaper sided with your interpretation, I guess I will have to lean towards agreeing.

Hesa

kiwifarms.net
Over her we use phrases like I'll ring you later or I'll give you a bell later meaning to phone somebody which I'm not sure I've heard in an American context.