Millennials learning about WW2 is 'bad for mental health' - We dont know why we punch Nazis

Syaoran Li

Cardcaptors Christmas
kiwifarms.net
Teaching history helps you learn to hate the Kraut menace.

View attachment 996119
Archie Bunker once wisely said that "England is a fag country" but I think Germany is even more of a fag country than even England.

Remember the current motto of Germany...

Bundesrepublik Deutschland said:
Hey, at least we're not Sweden!
Seriously though, the willful stupidity and ignorance of my generation truly saddens and disgusts me.

Foxxo

OH LAWD HE COMING
kiwifarms.net
"Millennials learning that were Nazis were right is 'bad for mental health'"-- oh wait.

Funny, I remember an era when liberals believed that World War 2 was the last "good" war, because several things that happened in it ensured that the West would never go to war with itself again. These people ignore the Cold War, of course, the Boomers & Gen-X-ers have lived through enough nuke hysteria to never want to talk about it again.

los pepes

kiwifarms.net
It's dumb all around. Teaching the basics of WW2 early and often cements it so when someone is 25 and they hear "oh wait the holocaust never happened" they are more resistant to it. You know what happens of someone tells me the death toll in the Crusader sacking of Constantinople was exaggerated? "That's interesting" I reply, because I don't really know much about it other than the most basic fact that something happened. I'm at least open to any discussion about it presented. For people terrified about future generations forgetting about muh Nazis and the holocaust etc not even teaching it to those generations just ensures the consensus about what happened disappears and people will listen to whoever makes the best memes or sounds the most confident in their declarations.

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
You should all play the "When did these wars happen? " game with kids/teenagers now. Utterly clueless. Or ask the question "who were the Allies and who where the Axis. I have a teenage sibling with no interest in history and the answers given are funny if they were not so sad.

Apparently the US UK and Germans fought the French and Japanese together in WWII. This isn't hard analysis or asking names of generals, this is basic trivia which they fuck up. Now the holocaust on the other hand, can tell me all about it. The sides that fought, not a fucking clue.
I've heard younger people claim that the Japanese attacked us because we dropped two atomic bombs on them for NO REASON.
I would laugh if it wasn't so awful.

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
I recently found something that gives me a little hope.

While the exact history may eventually be lost, millennials are still capable of interpretations that don't do history a disservice, and isn't more of the same hyper-simulated CoD-type shit.

Like this.....

The amount of detail is astonishing, metal-as-fuck, and doesn't dilute the old hate.

Slimy Time

When you see the presents under the tree
kiwifarms.net
I've heard younger people claim that the Japanese attacked us because we dropped two atomic bombs on them for NO REASON.
I would laugh if it wasn't so awful.
Haven't heard that one yet. Shit like that is beyond historical knowledge and is in the realm of general knowledge. How did the war against the Japanese end in WWII? Two atomic bombs were used for the first time in war, they then surrendered. Something like that you would expect someone in the West to know, or have some idea of.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If the kids find out what REAL Nazis were, I'd imagine they'd be less inclined to throw the word around willy nilly. It's not in the interest of the woke hordes to be teaching impressionable people a history that doesn't reflect the party line.

Cheesegirl78

"I want to f**k you sex sex sex"
kiwifarms.net
Haven't heard that one yet. Shit like that is beyond historical knowledge and is in the realm of general knowledge. How did the war against the Japanese end in WWII? Two atomic bombs were used for the first time in war, they then surrendered. Something like that you would expect someone in the West to know, or have some idea of.
It was a Hispanic man who said America is racist for deporting illegals and insisted that evil white Americans were responsible for all the world's ills.
He insisted that's how we got involved in WW2, We thought he was being a smartass, but he believed it.

オウム 2

Aum
kiwifarms.net
Didn't read this thread but as a millennial I learnt about WW2 from my maternal grandpa (a four-eyes who had the same job as Radar from MASH during WW2) and my maternal grandma's sister - an aide de camp during WWII and Korea, and we had multiple periods through the years learning about it starting in 5th grade with reading Anne Frank's diary. My dad's bio father was a commie Russian that comminted suicide when my dad was in-utero in my Slavic grandma and he was adopted by a couple who was American tank commander (husband) and a truck driver (wife) in WW2 . There was also an Autist sperg in my grade who wouldn't shut the fuck up about WWII planes. In my personal experience we were surrounded by that shit.

Positron

No more Jingle Bells, hon!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Circle’s Freddie Bentley
Literally who?

The 22-year-old said: “I don’t think it needs to be put in such a way to young people and young children. Mentally, in their mental health, to be told that this certain amount of people died for you.
But I presume being told that a certain number of trannies die each year, presumably due to cis people's violence and callousness, is very good for the mental health of young people?

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
You'd think with the Codetalkers and the Tuskeegee Airmen, that the Liberals would have plenty of opportunity to teach WW2 as a war that gave minorities the chance to prove themselves.

I guess Sir John Glubb was right when he wrote in The Fate of Empires:

"Another outward change which invariably marks the transition from the Age of Conquests to the Age of Affluence is the spread of defensiveness. The nation, immensely rich, is no longer interested in glory or duty, but is only anxious to retain its wealth and its luxury....

Money being in better supply than courage, subsidies instead of weapons are employed to buy off enemies. To justify this departure from ancient tradition, the human mind easily devises its own justification. Military readiness, or aggressiveness, is denounced as primitive and immoral. Civilised peoples are too proud to fight. The conquest of one nation by another is declared to be immoral. Empires are wicked. This intellectual device enables us to suppress our feeling of inferiority, when we read of the heroism of our ancestors, and then ruefully contemplate our position today. ‘It is not that we are afraid to fight,’ we say, ‘but we should consider it immoral.’ This even enables us to assume an attitude of moral superiority.

When to be prepared to use force and when to give way is a perpetual human problem, which can only be solved, as best we can, in each successive situation as it arises. In fact, however, history seems to indicate that great nations do not normally disarm from motives of conscience, but owing to the weakening of a sense of duty in the citizens, and the increase in selfishness and the desire for wealth and ease."

In other words, years of wealth and ease turn a nations kids into a bunch of pussies who demonize and memoryhole their ancestor's warlike actions, because they feel inferior to said ancestors. (Even if those same warlike actions led to the prosperity that the spoiled pussies enjoy today.)

Inquisitor_BadAss

It was supposed to be over now
kiwifarms.net
I always thought WW2 shit was cool, the planes, the tanks, the ships, the weapons, the uniforms.

Imagine being such a pussy you can't appreciate cool military shit.
WW2 is cool as fuck. Technology on a global scale advanced decades in such a short time. Without the war we wouldn’t have jet engines, computers or nuclear power.
Even the Cold War lead to some insane advancements all just to one up someone else.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A point that I have not seen mentioned yet is this: at least to me, a knowledge of history leads to a more enriching life. A person with a deeper understanding of history understands more about the world around him. Not just what it's like, but why. What led to the current culture and climate we live in? What changed? What stayed the same?

For people that whine so much about cultural appropriation, erasure and whatnot, these idiots seem woefully ignorant of the fact that by endorsing such a stupid PoV, they're actively advocating for the erasure of their own cultural heritage because 'durr history makes my feefees hurt'.

God help me, I'm mad at the internet.
Makes me want to listen to some Black Sabbath again, especially this album with the Bruegel painting!

WW2 is cool as fuck. Technology on a global scale advanced decades in such a short time. Without the war we wouldn’t have jet engines, computers or nuclear power.
Even the Cold War lead to some insane advancements all just to one up someone else.
It's why I feel the 20th Century will be seen as the true peak of humanity, if things don't continue to slide as it seems.

オウム 2

Aum
kiwifarms.net
Homie is 22 aka the cutoff age for millenials vs gen z, he's also a vapid twink so I'm not too concerned with millenials on this one.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino