Millennials learning about WW2 is 'bad for mental health' - We dont know why we punch Nazis

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
I would love to take kids that are easily triggered to a third world country. It would be fun to watch them flip out.

One thing I appreciate about my high school education is that they taught us about various genocides in addition to the holocaust, as well as the Japanese internment camps in the US. Sure, we didn’t go all the way like the Germans did, but we could’ve. Another thing that I appreciate is that we also discussed the other victims of the holocaust,ie political dissidents, other minorities,
Critical thinking is no longer a skill taught in school. Their ideology is superficial and they only care about remaining eternally comftorable.

Strife can break you. It can also forge you. Some of the greatest things and people were forged in strife. What's the strife they go through? Being mis-gendered? Hearing an offensive joke? Their needs need to be catered to. They need to have their asses washed for them. They cant be forced to think because it makes it 'uncomfortable'. I read an article that called Dave Chappelle white because they couldn't rectify him being black and opposing their beliefs. It made the author uncomfortable so they had to think of him as white.

Pure weakness. They need a constant flux of horror for years to even hope to become mentally resilient enough to challenge themselves.

Tell them that we firebombed Japan in wooden cities for years. That we burned men, women and children alive. They wouldn't surrender. The losses and casualties from a land invasion were projected to be in the millions of lives. On just the Allied side. Never mind the 35 million Japanese who would resist with their last breath. It was predicted to take 2 years.

We nuked them to save millions of lives.
Anyone complaining about using nukes to get them to surrender, is a willful idiot. As you mentioned millions more would’ve died from conventional weapons and it would’ve taken a long time to pacify the whole country.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I would love to take kids that are easily triggered to a third world country. It would be fun to watch them flip out.
Tell them this is where their future is!

One thing I appreciate about my high school education is that they taught us about various genocides in addition to the holocaust, as well as the Japanese internment camps in the US. Sure, we didn’t go all the way like the Germans did, but we could’ve.
At least they weren't starving or left to their own devices.

Another thing that I appreciate is that we also discussed the other victims of the holocaust,ie political dissidents, other minorities,
That is important to address. A lot of different classes often went up against the Nazis one way or another and met their end too.

Anyone complaining about using nukes to get them to surrender, is a willful idiot. As you mentioned millions more would’ve died from conventional weapons and it would’ve taken a long time to pacify the whole country.
Yes it would. This was a proud nation that would've committed seppuku to their emperor if it meant not giving in to the Allies. You also had Japanese stationed on islands that continued to stay there for years on end, thinking the war was still going on.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_holdout

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
We really do need a draft. Haul all the snowflakes into the army. And ship them off to foreign parts to cull the useless herd a bit.
Word around the War College is that we're locking ourselves into needing a limited draft for the next conflict, even if it's just Iran (or Turkey, in a recent wargame).

There's a quiet dread in those halls about the quality of the conscripts they'll have to train & work with; nobody I know is expecting them to have anywhere near the 'Nam level of competency & life-expectancy that those draftees had..... just on the basis of ours being so soft to start with.

Everyone can say hello to stop-loss again, too. The Army's standards still haven't recovered from that horrible see-saw.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Word around the War College is that we're locking ourselves into needing a limited draft for the next conflict, even if it's just Iran (or Turkey, in a recent wargame).

There's a quiet dread in those halls about the quality of the conscripts they'll have to train & work with; nobody I know is expecting them to have anywhere near the 'Nam level of competency & life-expectancy that those draftees had..... just on the basis of ours being so soft to start with.

Everyone can say hello to stop-loss again, too. The Army's standards still haven't recovered from that horrible see-saw.
You know DoD has a plan to use FB and Google Databases to just go around the Selective Service?

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I read an article that called Dave Chappelle white because they couldn't rectify him being black and opposing their beliefs. It made the author uncomfortable so they had to think of him as white.
For all the import and gravity they give to what a person's racial identity is, all it takes is for them to steal Dave Chappelle's racial identity is for him to make a joke they don't like.

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember my history teacher in high school talking about the atrocities of the Vietnam War. Then, he got serious and warned the class that if we were to laugh at the picture he was about to show, he was gonna throw us out, no questions asked. It was the infamous Phan Thi Kim Phuc picture, where her and a couple of other kids are crying in pain as their village had been attacked with napalm. Everyone was dead quiet.

I don't remember much of that class, but I don't think I'll ever forget that moment.

littlearmalite

Haha! Funny man says the N-Word.
kiwifarms.net
I remember my history teacher in high school talking about the atrocities of the Vietnam War. Then, he got serious and warned the class that if we were to laugh at the picture he was about to show, he was gonna throw us out, no questions asked. It was the infamous Phan Thi Kim Phuc picture, where her and a couple of other kids are crying in pain as their village had been attacked with napalm. Everyone was dead quiet.

I don't remember much of that class, but I don't think I'll ever forget that moment.
That's the fucking thing about these brainless whelps. They've forgotten the whole point of photographing and recording these 'uncomfortable' and 'traumatizing' incidents. "It is well that war is so terrible, or else we would grow fond of it." It is supposed to disgust you. It is supposed to make you feel ill. It is supposed to be hard to stomach, so that when the next war comes we're motivated to end it as quickly as possible, because we don't want to see that up close and personal. We don't want to be a part of that.

There is going to be another war one day, and there will be another one after that. We're upjumped gorillas with nuclear weapons, how can we possibly avoid it? Denying it and pretending that ignoring the problem will make it go away will only make us weaker, and force us to learn these hard lessons again.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

That picture would silence anyone.

Dr W

God Has Cursed Me For My Hubris
kiwifarms.net
The failure to educate about WWII is damning. It was the largest and one of, if not the most important conflicts in human history. It was, at the time of this writing, the last major conflict between industrialized, centralized powers in the world. Tens of millions died horribly, and the world was almost immediately catapulted into another war.

But it needs to be taught simply, black and white. "X were the good guys, Y were the bad guys." It's watered down and dumbed down, to the point of becoming boring tripe.

We have not only the ability, but the responsibility to educate people on what really happened.

kcbbq

A Shaggs record would be a sound investment
kiwifarms.net
The failure to educate about WWII is damning. It was the largest and one of, if not the most important conflicts in human history. It was, at the time of this writing, the last major conflict between industrialized, centralized powers in the world. Tens of millions died horribly, and the world was almost immediately catapulted into another war.

But it needs to be taught simply, black and white. "X were the good guys, Y were the bad guys." It's watered down and dumbed down, to the point of becoming boring tripe.

We have not only the ability, but the responsibility to educate people on what really happened.
The failure to educate about WW1 fucks up the context for WW2, as well. The French and British didn't just pave the way for Hitler with their mad rush to permanently gut Germany. They caused the war in the Pacific, too. Japan was on the Allied side in the first war. Because they were just squinty little yellow primitives they were repeatly shut down during the treaty discussions. To the US's credit their delegation tried to get everyone's views taken into account, but they were also pushed to the side.

The lesson Japan took away is they needed to create a large empire and project massive military might just to have a place at the table, so they tooled up. The way the culture was, those lessons learned, and old feuds created a monster.

The US learned important lessons at the end of WW1, but keeps forgetting them and repeating history. At least the fallout has been mostly regional lately.

European hubris created a situation where at one point Germany was at war with three quarters of the world and a few weeks from winning and tuen decided to create a new situation where Germany ended at war with 90 percent of the world and probably just as close to winning if not for some messed up priorities.

Syaoran Li

Disney Delenda Est
kiwifarms.net
European hubris created a situation where at one point Germany was at war with three quarters of the world and a few weeks from winning and tuen decided to create a new situation where Germany ended at war with 90 percent of the world and probably just as close to winning if not for some messed up priorities.
I had to re-rate you disagree for this point right here. Germany had no chance of winning World War II once the United States and the Soviet Union both got involved. Part of why the Wehrmacht adhered so strongly to "Lightning Warfare" as their main doctrine was because they knew that they had to knock down their enemies as soon as possible before they ran out of essential supplies such as oil.

This worked up until the Battle of Britain, which halted further German advancement and the British naval blockades hurt Germany's supply lines. After Italy's failed invasion of Greece, the situation got worse and by 1941, the point of no return was reached when Germany declared war on the Soviet Union (partly to seize Russian oilfields, which led to Stalingrad) in the summer, and in December, the United States got involved, which rapidly sped up the doom of the Axis.

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net

you say this like it’s a bad thing?:thinking:

TitanWest

kiwifarms.net
The USSR invaded both Finland and Poland and they never had war declared on them. WWII was unnecesary. Britain and France (And their financial backers) had it out for Germany. Read Patrick Buchanan's: "Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War".

For all the import and gravity they give to what a person's racial identity is, all it takes is for them to steal Dave Chappelle's racial identity is for him to make a joke they don't like.
That's because they don't care about nonwhites. They just hate white people. They're not pro-black, they're anti-white. The LGBT community Chapelle made mild jokes about is part of undermining the "White Patriarchal Hegemony" according to their own writings. That's why white women and gay whites are increasingly in the crosshairs nowadays for not being anti-white enough.

Niggernerd

Fumika reading on a lovely day in the fall
kiwifarms.net
WW2 is the coolest war ever.
Enemies with aesthetic uniforms and a leader with a silly mustache
Best evolution of weaponry
Cheeki Breeki zerg rushes
Baguettes, Canadians and Brit's being useless as usual
American supremacy
The birth of Japan's super power known as anime

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino