Millennials learning about WW2 is 'bad for mental health' - We dont know why we punch Nazis

BR55

kiwifarms.net
That's the fucking thing about these brainless whelps. They've forgotten the whole point of photographing and recording these 'uncomfortable' and 'traumatizing' incidents. "It is well that war is so terrible, or else we would grow fond of it." It is supposed to disgust you. It is supposed to make you feel ill. It is supposed to be hard to stomach, so that when the next war comes we're motivated to end it as quickly as possible, because we don't want to see that up close and personal. We don't want to be a part of that.

There is going to be another war one day, and there will be another one after that. We're upjumped gorillas with nuclear weapons, how can we possibly avoid it? Denying it and pretending that ignoring the problem will make it go away will only make us weaker, and force us to learn these hard lessons again.
Listen to yourself talking about "The next war" like such a thing could ever happen.
We are a progressive and civilized people and war has become a thing of the past haven't you heard?
They said that kind of shit before the First World War too and we all know how that ended up working out.
Most tragedies happen because of that line of thinking.
The hubris of believing that you're just too evolved and enlightened for terrible things to happen.
A lesson taught time and time again but always forgotten by the next generation.

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
Tell them that we firebombed Japan in wooden cities for years. That we burned men, women and children alive. They wouldn't surrender. The losses and casualties from a land invasion were projected to be in the millions of lives. On just the Allied side. Never mind the 35 million Japanese who would resist with their last breath. It was predicted to take 2 years.

We nuked them to save millions of lives.
America nuked Japan because the Russkies were done dealing with Germany and going to land there with troops soon. Given the upcoming Cold War everyone knew was about to happen the American leaders wanted to deny them the chance of claiming the land as a territory by forcing Japanese surrender before they could do so.

The amount of "lives saved" is a fun way to frame it. Given how disposable Russian troops were I am sure they would have managed to lose millions somehow in the invasion so I guess it is accurate, but it shows an uncanny amount of reverence to the lives of soviet military that I do not think was shared by the ones making these calls.

CWCchange

ǝƃuɐɥɔƆMƆ
kiwifarms.net
Do they have an answer why they attacked China or why other Asian countries still hold a grudge against Japan?

To be fair, that's all cringey propaganda just as bullshit as the other side saying they were liberating countries from Allied imperialism. The referenced Tanaka Memorandum especially was a hoax, akin to the Zimmerman Telegram in World War I. Also, the Chinese killed a shit ton more people from the mid to late 1920s, some years before the Japanese took Manchuria, and STILL fell to communism and resulted in an ever higher score.

The fact of the matter is the U.S. simply entered the WWs for economic purposes. Decent education will at least mention "Merchants of Death," which was a lot more influential on American opinion of war than propaganda and backpage New York Times stories about halfdicks and fu manchus, however many directly killed, or Germany ignoring a flawed and arbitrary stalemate by invading a failed and arbitrary buffer state called Poland. When the time came to use nukes was the right time to end the war. We were not trying to tell Russia anything, because if that was the case, Truman would've let MacArthur finish the Cold War as it escalated in fucking Korea.

Last edited:

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else think we used the nukes just because we wanted to see what they'd do to a city? Sure, there was a lot of rationalization and justification around them, but at the end of the day, when you've spent a lot of money on a bright, shiny toy, you want to see that thing in action. You don't buy the biggest base fountain at the fireworks shop and then let it sit in the backyard shed all summer without lighting it...

RodgerDodger

kiwifarms.net
This country is no longer the usual 90 percent white, I don't think the kids of economic immigrants or illegals would fight just as hard or have the knowledge about why this country is worth fighting for.
Traditionally and Historically the kids of economic migrants are among the ones who have fought the hardest for this country in times of war. In WW2 the largest bulk of our fighting forces were Catholic, the vast majority of which were second or at most third generation economic migrants. Poles, Italians Irish, etc.

Imperialist #348

kiwifarms.net
if it wasnt for what i learned i would never have seen hugo boss's best work.

on another note how the hell will people like this handle learning about medieval conquests and campaigns where the combat was no where as quick or clean compared to that of the two WWs and modern combat?.

IAmNotAlpharius

For the Emperor?!
kiwifarms.net
The USSR invaded both Finland and Poland and they never had war declared on them. WWII was unnecesary. Britain and France (And their financial backers) had it out for Germany. Read Patrick Buchanan's: "Churchill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War".

That's because they don't care about nonwhites. They just hate white people. They're not pro-black, they're anti-white. The LGBT community Chapelle made mild jokes about is part of undermining the "White Patriarchal Hegemony" according to their own writings. That's why white women and gay whites are increasingly in the crosshairs nowadays for not being anti-white enough.

I gotta disagree. WWII in Europe was started because of German aggression and they have no else to blame but themselves. Sure, France and the UK tightened the screws on Germany postWWI, but the allies continually tried to appease Hitler. The allies were so spooked about a Second World War, they were too scared to do anything when Germany gobbled up their smaller neighbors. Chamberlain tried to have peace at any cost with Germany, but they still invaded Poland, France, and Belgium anyways.

Germany’s motives were clear: Reunite the German people, conquer Europe, destroy all perceived enemies of the German state (political dissidents, Communists, Jews, Gypsies, JWs, etc), and make living space in the East. Funny how Eastern Europe is supposedly based now... Reuniting the German people wouldn’t be possible without war with France and likely the UK.

Last edited:
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

Dr W

God Has Cursed Me For My Hubris
kiwifarms.net
America nuked Japan because the Russkies were done dealing with Germany and going to land there with troops soon. Given the upcoming Cold War everyone knew was about to happen the American leaders wanted to deny them the chance of claiming the land as a territory by forcing Japanese surrender before they could do so.

The amount of "lives saved" is a fun way to frame it. Given how disposable Russian troops were I am sure they would have managed to lose millions somehow in the invasion so I guess it is accurate, but it shows an uncanny amount of reverence to the lives of soviet military that I do not think was shared by the ones making these calls.
The Soviets did not have the landing craft needed in order to properly take Japan, and they would have had to fight through Manchuria and Korea first, likely losing hundreds of thousands, if not millions there as well. Then, once they make it through the storm of kamikaze aircraft, heavily defended beaches, and literally suicidal Japanese resistance down to every man, woman, and child that can hold a gun, they won. It'd probably be somewhere around 1950 by then, maybe 1947 if they went quick. But Operation Olympic was to take place Nov. 1st, 1945, so the Americans undoubtedly would've landed and probably fought their way through before the Soviets got boots on the Japanese homeland.

Looking at both the American and surviving Japanese plans for attacking/defending Japan (the Japanese predicted that the Americans would attempt to land on Kyushu and were preparing for this attack), there's a goddamn reason that the War Department was so fucking scared they minted enough Purple Hearts to last half a century afterwards. Some of the estimates were >15,000 dead or wounded within 60 days, and the estimates for Japanese casualties by the end of the war are in the millions.

The long and the short of it is this: the nuclear bomb saved hundreds of thousands of American lives, and millions of Japanese lives. In fact, the atomic weapon was probably the most humane psychological weapon (on the national scale of damage) that ever was created. For "only" around 150,000 dead, the shock did cause the Japanese to surrender. The Tokyo Firebombing took 100,000 lives on its own, but the thought of a SINGLE weapon dealing that much damage was finally enough to cause surrender.

The Americans also had no knowledge that the Soviets knew about the nuclear weapon, and Operation Unthinkable was proof that they were at least considering fighting the Soviets shortly afterwards, even if the planning never got beyond crude "what if" thoughts.

AnimeGirlConnoisseur

kiwifarms.net
It was reported in Germany at the time.

Sadomasochist? No. Drug addict? Yes. He was being openly given all sorts by his doctor. Watch this and tell me he's not on speed.

Well actually I heard that he didn't start taking meth until after the war started. Isn't this just him being autistic?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

SilkGnut

Gnuts of the Finest Silk
kiwifarms.net
The Soviets did not have the landing craft needed in order to properly take Japan, and they would have had to fight through Manchuria and Korea first, likely losing hundreds of thousands, if not millions there as well. Then, once they make it through the storm of kamikaze aircraft, heavily defended beaches, and literally suicidal Japanese resistance down to every man, woman, and child that can hold a gun, they won. It'd probably be somewhere around 1950 by then, maybe 1947 if they went quick. But Operation Olympic was to take place Nov. 1st, 1945, so the Americans undoubtedly would've landed and probably fought their way through before the Soviets got boots on the Japanese homeland.

Looking at both the American and surviving Japanese plans for attacking/defending Japan (the Japanese predicted that the Americans would attempt to land on Kyushu and were preparing for this attack), there's a goddamn reason that the War Department was so fucking scared they minted enough Purple Hearts to last half a century afterwards. Some of the estimates were >15,000 dead or wounded within 60 days, and the estimates for Japanese casualties by the end of the war are in the millions.

The long and the short of it is this: the nuclear bomb saved hundreds of thousands of American lives, and millions of Japanese lives. In fact, the atomic weapon was probably the most humane psychological weapon (on the national scale of damage) that ever was created. For "only" around 150,000 dead, the shock did cause the Japanese to surrender. The Tokyo Firebombing took 100,000 lives on its own, but the thought of a SINGLE weapon dealing that much damage was finally enough to cause surrender.

The Americans also had no knowledge that the Soviets knew about the nuclear weapon, and Operation Unthinkable was proof that they were at least considering fighting the Soviets shortly afterwards, even if the planning never got beyond crude "what if" thoughts.
Did they not already have a foothold in Korea? Hence the reason that half of Korea is communist, cuz America was already too late to step in there so they rushed to get in on whatever they could manage? I am pretty confident that the US knew that the soviets had already done some heavy espionage so I really have a tough time believing that the americans thought the russkies were ignorant of the situation.

I mean, I agree that Russia would have had a much tougher time invading Japan than the comparative ease provided by nukes, but Japan sure as fuck ain't gonna be doing any real damage to the US if they are being flooded with Soviets. It is cool if you care about the disposable troops of the soviet regime, but those were the only lives being saved here, the leaders just did not want Japan (and since you brought it up, south korea as well as north) under soviet control.

• Informative
Reactions: Syaoran Li
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino