Dramacow Milo Yiannopoulos / Milo Wagner / Milo Hanrahan / @nero - Gets banned from everywhere, Stole charity money and general supervillan antics

StarkRavingMad

kiwifarms.net
Milo's bitching that nobody on Telegram gives a fuck about him, a tweet by an "antifa" account celebrating this and other social media bans got 4k retweets.

View attachment 929923View attachment 929924View attachment 929925View attachment 929926
I know this is Milo ... But I think this falls under the "First they came for _______" category for me. I can't laugh at it.

This is pretty much proving that deplatforming works ... Which is scary. Anybody right of Karl Marx is a target for these people. SJWs want people who disagree with them to have their entire livelihoods ruined. It won't stop at getting banned on all social media platforms, and anyone who thinks it'll stop there is incredibly naive.

I get it: Milo pretty much ruined himself quite a bit over the past two years by promising one thing after another to his fans only to not follow through on anything ... But I think that deplatforming him has been a reason for that, too. This will only embolden people who aim to stifle free speech.

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I know this is Milo ... But I think this falls under the "First they came for _______" category for me. I can't laugh at it.

This is pretty much proving that deplatforming works ... Which is scary. Anybody right of Karl Marx is a target for these people. SJWs want people who disagree with them to have their entire livelihoods ruined. It won't stop at getting banned on all social media platforms, and anyone who thinks it'll stop there is incredibly naive.

I get it: Milo pretty much ruined himself quite a bit over the past two years by promising one thing after another to his fans only to not follow through on anything ... But I think that deplatforming him has been a reason for that, too. This will only embolden people who aim to stifle free speech.
Oh for sure, this isn't being framed as Milo's downfall thanks to the pedophile clip or the fact that "based minorities" and alt-lite figures are increasingly unpopular. It's being framed as "We did it reddit, we got this bad person banned from every social media service" and as an example of why more people should be banned from social media platforms because someone was pissed off on Twitter.

I've only seen Milo brought up in the last few months by people on the left as an example of this. He does have a point here with social media followings, even someone well liked online such as Jim pulled only 40k views so far on Bitchute compared to the hundreds of thousands he'd get on YouTube.

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
First they came for the screaming, swindling faggots who stole people's money and never delivered and where's the scholarship Milo? and I didn't do anything because I was not a screaming, swindling faggot.

And now the screaming, swindling faggots are gone, and things are cool.

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net

He's framing it that way and the Antifatards are framing it that way, because that's a narrative that benefits both of them. But keep in mind, Milo's downfall began because he made some dumb statements on Joe Rogan that came across like a defense of pedophilia, which caused his book to get dropped along with numerous outlets on the right to drop him like a hot potato too, then he immediately put his work behind a paywall after that, right when it was a terrible idea to do so. The swindling of charity money didn't help either. Milo is as much a victim of his own stupidity and greed as deplatforming. People like Metokur and Ralph are a much better example of right wingers losing a ton of their audience purely to deplatforming. Frankly, Milo is just giving ammo to the anti-speech left at this point. As Q said in a certain top tier western chauvinist spy series, "Never let them see you bleed." If he actually cared about a larger cause than himself, he'd quit whining and if he was more competent he'd capitalize on this recent partial return of attention he got from Straight Pride to do something constructive.

So while I won't celebrate this particular instance of him being a little bitch, I don't have any sympathy for him either.

Last edited:

Begemot

I'm silently judging you....
kiwifarms.net
He's framing it that way and the Antifatards are framing it that way, because that's a narrative that benefits both of them. But keep in mind, Milo's downfall began because he made some dumb statements on Joe Rogan that came across like a defense of pedophilia, which caused his book to get dropped along with numerous outlets on the right to drop him like a hot potato too, then he immediately put his work behind a paywall after that, right when it was a terrible idea to do so. The swindling of charity money didn't help either. Milo is as much a victim of his own stupidity and greed as deplatforming. People like Metokur and Ralph are a much better example of right wingers losing a ton of their audience purely to deplatforming. Frankly, Milo is just giving ammo to the anti-speech left at this point. As Q said in a certain top tier western chauvinist spy series, "Never let them see you bleed." If he actually cared about a larger cause than himself, he'd quit whining and if he was more competent he'd capitalize on this recent partial return of attention he got from Straight Pride to do something constructive.

So while I won't celebrate this particular instance of him being a little bitch, I don't have any sympathy for him either.
It's telling how much he sees his audience as paypigs in those messages. He is a grifter first and foremost.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Milo deplatformed himself by showboating instead of saving/investing. The second life became hard for him (through his own stupid actions) it became clear to those few who hadn't realised yet that he was a grifter with no talents beyond self-promotion. He was a parasite who could do nothing by himself, and required corporate positions to mooch off, and ghostwriters to pay to produce his articles. He is incapable of creating, only subsisting. This precludes a comeback because he can't do anything by himself and to any would-be benefactor it's clear he was a high-risk wastrel running on fumes all along, and his one asset (his 'attitude'/personality/zeitgeist factor) is no longer valuable.

Angry New Ager

CLINTON 2020: "One Nation, Under a Groove..."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Was Milo really deplatformed by the left or is it merely his 15 minutes ran out?

I would say that if Republicans still wanted to hear him he could get a venue.
If the right still saw him as relevant and was interested in what he has to say, they would have followed him onto the social media platforms he whines about as failures. He's only got 2000 followers on one of them? That's not the platform's fault; it's that nobody cares enough to join him there.

Given how many right-of-center writers and political commentators still have careers, still have social media/YouTube/Patreon accounts, can still get audiences to come hear them without also sparking riots, Milo's the principal one to blame here. He wanted to be a provocateur, a professional troll--and what happens to trolls? They get the fucking banhammer.

Sure, he was useful to the right at a certain pivotal political moment, but rather than understand that, and plan his segue into a more sustainable career once his trolling started to become a liability, he doubled down--and lost, big time. He was a bubble waiting to burst, and offering an apologia for an adult gay men having sex with teenaged boys just happened to be the pin.

And, as a textbook Narcissist, he still can't recognize, much less admit to his mistakes, which means he can't correct them. So he's reduced to blaming anyone and everything for his career demise, while trying any desperate scheme, and pandering to any crowd he sees as gullible enough, that might help him revive it.

Skeletor

Premeditated Worder
kiwifarms.net
Unless it's Sam Hyde. When he's on his A game, that man is an artisan of slurs. Speaking of people on the right who lost a lot more to bullshit deplatforming than Milo did.
When did Sam Hyde ever have a platform? All I know about him is that autists keep trying to trying to make the Sam Hyde mass shooting meme a thing and it's never once worked or even been remotely funny.

Milo deplatformed himself by showboating instead of saving/investing.
Milo's one big score was scamming the Mercers and Steve Bannon into giving him money. He should have just taken that loot and run but he couldn't resist the attention. After that he tried scamming money off of alt-right Millenials and man there's no money to be had there. You gotta scam old people, that's where the money's at.

Last edited:

AnOminous

So what?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The other part of that quote was sage advice for Milo too:

Instead of having an escape plan, he pissed everybody on all sides off and spent himself into needless poverty.
If he had just pretended to be extravagant and not spent like a drunken sailor he wouldn't be broke. He's a cum guzzling idiot who will never see that level of money again and it will eat his homo heart.

If the right still saw him as relevant and was interested in what he has to say, they would have followed him onto the social media platforms he whines about as failures. He's only got 2000 followers on one of them? That's not the platform's fault; it's that nobody cares enough to join him there.
Nobody cares about Milo.

Even Metokur has 13000+ on some bullshit YouTube knockoff and he went there because he was sick of not just YouTube but of having so many followers.

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
When did Sam Hyde ever have a platform? All I know about him is that autists keep trying to trying to make the Sam Hyde mass shooting meme a thing and it's never once worked.
He had a show called Million Dollar Extreme Presents: World Peace on Adult Swim. We're not talking about a youtube channel here. We're talking an actual TV show. Kind of like a cross between Mr. Show with Bob and David and The Eric Andre Show, with Sam Hyde's trademark subversive shock comedy.

Despite high ratings, the show got pulled after just six episodes, due to a Buzzfeed journalist's article and several high profile people associated with the network and Hollywood. Here's a decent summary:

Last edited:

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Was Milo really deplatformed by the left or is it merely his 15 minutes ran out?

I would say that if Republicans still wanted to hear him he could get a venue.
Being banned from Facebook and Twitter could be considered deplatforming, especially when his Twitter ban was high profile and done to "make an example" out of him.

But the thing with Milo is his entire internet persona ran out of steam. The right wing internet memers who turned far right ditched him because a good chunk of his persona was "based gay guy who supports our politics" and they saw him as an opportunist. While he kept writing for Breitbart, his inability to keep his mouth shut cost him that gig with the pedo comments. Unlike Tucker Carlson or Ben Shapiro who managed to found moderately successful news blog format sites, his news site crashed and burnt and the paywall didn't help. Unlike PJW who built up a YouTube channel alongside his Twitter feed or a lot of big guys who are radio/podcast hosts, he mostly wrote articles and posted tweets. Milo also fails to resonate with the conservative demographic as a whole.

Milo lacked a lot of what made other commentators successful, all he had was "I'm a gay conservative and I make college campuses mad". He had nothing else of value or substance. The fact that nobody gives two shits about him wherever he goes is why he's also being held as an example that deplatforming works by the left.

GranDuke

kiwifarms.net
Lets not forget that he was very happy when twitter banned him and used that in all of his speeches and articles due to, at that time, it being somewhat unique thing.

And yes, if people on the right found him useful then he'd still be appearing in various places. All those social platforms could unban him now and he probably wouldn't get any attention anyway because everyone is tired of his shit.