Minecraft YouTube Stans / MCYT / McYtTwt / Dream Stans / MCYT Orbiters

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

Novichops

"Live, laugh, love" -Genghis Khan
kiwifarms.net
Why do Dream and his groupies get a free pass for actually stupid shit (cheating, being manipulative, feeding the stan dream and george delusions, etc.) but they go after people like Philza and Tommy?
People say it is better to be feared than loved, Dream has somehow accomplished both amongst the community.

Trainwreck Watcher

kiwifarms.net
I think it's funny that they pitch a fit about Ranboo and Tubbo maybe being gay, but you have actual LGBT streamers like Eret and Scott who they despise because they don't fit into their UwU fantasy.
Classic case of the more open and in your face about their life someone is, the less interested people are. Unconfirmed or open-ended mystery aspect leaves a lot to the imagination of the intimacy deprived individuals, who use real people as their fanfiction. Slowburn, pining, forbidden romance is what interests them and scavenger hunts gathering little clues and video timestamps of their favorites blinking at the same time and therefore being soulmates and theorizing "will they / won't they?" is all part of their fun. Official relationships, especially between people that don't resemble anime characters, have no juice to the fanbase.
Phil? They're going after Phil now?

Because he said the N word 12 years ago?
God, my disgust towards this community grows more and more. Why do Dream and his groupies get a free pass for actually stupid shit (cheating, being manipulative, feeding the stan dream and george delusions, etc.) but they go after people like Philza and Tommy?

They didn't even go after Wilbur for his stupid "privilege" comments he made towards Tommy during his time of distress, no they fucking celebrated the "privilege" comments. The people they could've gone after for actually dumb shit (not that the level of genuine harassment they give is warranted) but instead they go after some guy who makes inoffensive content and tows their political line.

I know, I'm MATI, but I just hate the double standards that harassment of some people is okay, but not others.
It's always easier to bully the moderates who genuinely care and not people who seem sociopathic enough to be unaffected or are even peddling the extremism themselves.

Also did anyone talk about the superior Dream SMP, before the Dream SMP - Mianite? Someone even made a Venn diagram:
mianite vs dream smp.png

It was a Minecraft server, involving several streamers and combining loosely scripted storytelling with gameplay. So it's hilarious when Dream talks about coming up with the idea as if he pioneered it, when it was THE thing in 2014, but then again, most of his audience probably weren't even born yet to remember it.

It had everything a successful franchise needs:

Dedicated fans:
mianite tattoo.PNG

Trending on Twitter:
hardbuttlife.PNG

Fanart to keep fanning the flame off-screen:
mianite fanart.PNG

And a prominent gay ship between a couple of main guys, who entertained it:
syndisparklezz.PNG

(Yes, this is real)

Why was it better?
1. Script written by someone competent, who didn't show biases or rip off something prominent at the time (Hamilton and L'manberg). Pacing was solid and clear season endings left fans wanting more, it only ended because the main couple (not the gay one) split up and it was too weird to continue.
2. Less characters, easy to follow. Didn't need to watch 20 perspectives to be filled in. NPCs acted like NPCs, showed up, fulfilled their role and pissed off. Not become a classroom sized clout farm where everyone awkwardly awaits their turn to reap screen time harvest in attempt of getting subscribers.
3. Weekly purge event that didn't need you following the story, it was a regular display of gameplay skills and wits, when content creators tried to get most kills on each other, steal loot and protect theirs. Fun time all around, guaranteed to quench the action fans.
4. People were allowed to have personalities back then, so there was more pranking each other involved, less sharing one inoffensive politically correct milquetoast brain cell.
5. You could fanfiction yourself into Hogwarts house type team for roleplaying: Mianite for good, Dianite for mischievous, and Ianite for neutral, switching teams depending on balance and personal gain. There was no need for "interjecting" into one person and then getting mad when that personality doesn't perfectly match your values.

Courier Moth

kiwifarms.net
You also have shit like Shadow of Israphel which was several years earlier in 2010. I'm sure there's probably other series as well that I just haven't heard of. These kids are just so blinded by their devotion to Dream that no other Minecraft RP exists. It doesn't help that a lot of these kids weren't necessarily on the internet when these series were running, nor have they even thought of looking into other series because the people behind the screen aren't the generic UwU white boy aesthetic.

thinking about mr hands

Will it Penis?
kiwifarms.net
So it's hilarious when Dream talks about coming up with the idea as if he pioneered it, when it was THE thing in 2014, but then again, most of his audience probably weren't even born yet to remember it.
Is Dream really talking like he came up with the idea of it being a Roleplay SMP? Because if I'm remembering correctly, it was just supposed to be a normal SMP until WilburSoot decided to make it a storyline, so he's double-y stealing the idea then. Which I'm honestly not surprised.

Trainwreck Watcher

kiwifarms.net
Is Dream really talking like he came up with the idea of it being a Roleplay SMP? Because if I'm remembering correctly, it was just supposed to be a normal SMP until WilburSoot decided to make it a storyline, so he's double-y stealing the idea then. Which I'm honestly not surprised.
He talked about it making him stand out because no one really does that on Trainwrecks Podcast. Not exactly Roleplay SMP, but combining gaming with storytelling in general and turning it into a theatrical movie or show like experience, so it works for his manhunts too. And we have prominent examples of it happening before in this thread. Maybe I perceived that answer to be cockier than it intended to be, but it came off too smug and self-congratulatory for something that is known to be a successful formula that explodes every few years.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
He talked about it making him stand out because no one really does that on Trainwrecks Podcast. Not exactly Roleplay SMP, but combining gaming with storytelling in general and turning it into a theatrical movie or show like experience, so it works for his manhunts too. And we have prominent examples of it happening before in this thread. Maybe I perceived that answer to be cockier than it intended to be, but it came off too smug and self-congratulatory for something that is known to be a successful formula that explodes every few years.
If he’s talking specifically in context of the modern YouTube landscape, he isn’t exactly wrong. Hermitcraft and Scicraft, the other two vanilla Minecraft Youtuber groups still alive and kicking in 2021, aren’t exactly targeting the same audience and don’t do the whole role play thing.

Trainwreck Watcher

kiwifarms.net
If he’s talking specifically in context of the modern YouTube landscape, he isn’t exactly wrong. Hermitcraft and Scicraft, the other two vanilla Minecraft Youtuber groups still alive and kicking in 2021, aren’t exactly targeting the same audience and don’t do the whole role play thing.
Maybe, although in my opinion it would be more fair to consider Pewdiepie the modern trendsetter and popularizer of the genre, who although solo, created episodic lore for his world and had plenty of dramatic action filled adventures, especially involving saving his pets from dire situations. For a short time, a lot of people tried to do similar content and I guess what I'm trying to say it's not as novel and niche as Dream is making it out to be.

Gar For Archer

ne of my swo
kiwifarms.net
O
Maybe, although in my opinion it would be more fair to consider Pewdiepie the modern trendsetter and popularizer of the genre, who although solo, created episodic lore for his world and had plenty of dramatic action filled adventures, especially involving saving his pets from dire situations. For a short time, a lot of people tried to do similar content and I guess what I'm trying to say it's not as novel and niche as Dream is making it out to be.
Oh yeah, it’s absolutely not novel. I’m just saying that he might be right in saying that there’s nobody else offering that kind of content at the moment.

Novel

kiwifarms.net
Update on fltwt if anyone is interested:
Whether they admit to it or not, fltwt has seriously impacted Ranboos mental health. If you don't know, Ranboo has incredibly severe facial dysmorphia and poor mental health that started to get worse when fltwt started to gain traction. A lot of the larger fltwt accounts have since deactivated because of Jason* or because they didn't want to feel guilty anymore. Ranboo has suddenly started to act more like himself again; there is obviously a direct correlation here. Because Ranboo seems to be doing much better almost every fltwt account privated and will not accept new accounts to hopefully allow the subtwitter to die out (I still have access to viewing all these accounts though). I hope this will finally be the end of this horrible cesspit of a subtwitter and Ranboo can start to heal after being cyberstalked.

Side note: It's kind of funny because a bunch of people in fltwt got into a fight with leaktwt (a subtwitter for Dream Team leaks) because someone in fltwt said that George was average looking. A lot of people in fltwt also seem to hate each other and talk shit about other members either publicly or privately through direct messages.

*Now lets talk about Jason. This guy has an ego that can revival Dreams and openly admits to having a God and savior complex. He is the creator or 'ebblr', a place on tumblr where people can ship Tubbo and Ranboo. It is important to note that leaks aren't allowed here. Jason hates fltwt. He is the reason for a lot of the larger accounts deactivating as he finds their personal information and either blackmails them or gets in touch with their parents. Scrolling through his blog I found myself mostly agreeing with what he was saying, until you start scrolling further down and shit starts to get weird.
Some of his posts-
In regards to doxxing fltwt members: "THEY DON'T REALIZE IT YET but every account I "target" I'm saving- they should be happy I chose THEM"
In regards to **averagemcyt: "I LITERALLY have to save Average /srs /gen"
In regards to fltwt members they made deactivate: "Don't act so sad ___, I'm the best thing to ever happen to you. Tough love!"
Heres his Tumblr blog: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/mcytruth
His Twitter: https://twitter.com/mcytruth?s=21
He has a private Twitter but I unfortunately don't have access to the posts.

**Now Average runs a very large account that is dedicated to exposing members of poppytwt. He usually succeeds in getting these accounts taken down, but sometimes has the adverse affect. As someone from Jasons blog wrote to him:
"as an ex poppy member the amount of damage average has done to people outside of that community is ridiculous, like i was in poppy up until like march 2021 and just watching as people when from having ~100 followers to close to 800 in some cases was very very scary"
Averages Twitter: https://twitter.com/average_mcyt?s=21
Averages Alt Twitter: https://twitter.com/avemcyt?s=21

Despite members of fltwt privating which was Jasons original goal, he will not let things go. Despite people saying average only exposes people to places like poppytwt and has the opposite affect, Jason does not care and thinks he can "save" Average. Although I do appreciate what Jason has done, the fact that he won't stop even though he has gotten what he wanted seems to me as though it was never really about Ranboos well-being and about his own desire to feel like he has power.

Edit: Jason is now trying to pretend like his "Joker moments" were satirical to save face.

Tell Jason I messaged him on his public twitter.

Last edited:

vern

kiwifarms.net
Fair, but Hermitcraft actually does do roleplay.
Hermitcrafts roleplaying is a lot looser, less serious, and dosen't make up 90% of the server. Although it can get a bit annoying with the biggest sinners being Doc with his dumb goat thing and Ren with his kinda pointless characters and storylines

emo fag

kiwifarms.net
Thought I might mention that there's an abundance of the autistic Minecraft children on Tikok, it's an incredibly entertaining yet disheartening look into modern zoomer culture. I'm sure anyone interested could find some more funny drama and/or catfights that I'm too lazy to document.

Small cringe dump;

dfjgoashioudasr.jpg
sdflahngvoas.jpg

Jah Hates Kaffirs

Quranically compliant young man.
kiwifarms.net
I have a young cousin, and when at a family thing I was trying to talk to him to be polite, he asked me if I knew of Minecraft Youtube. I said that I'd heard of it, and he cocked and eyebrow, stared at me, and asked "Oh really? Then name all three of Eret's mental illnesses."

I now believe we should burn the internet to the ground and start again.

Gru

Oh, Despicable Me.
kiwifarms.net
According to some guy in the Dream thread, Ranboo, Wilbur and some other streamers went to some big party maskless, with Wilbur apparently using Dream SMP lore to distract from the situation?

I skimmed r/dreamwastaken2 and twitter but all I can find is a bunch of people flipping their shit over the covid aspect, so anybody got some more concrete info on the other parts of this story?

︈︈︈

kiwifarms.net
Also, I saw some tweets speculate that Dream was trying to help distract since suddenly woke up for MCC practice at the same time as this mess. The MCC practice players were all in a voice call so you can look at their vods (Krinios, Hbomb94, maybe a few more?) if you're really interested, but it's more of a side note than anything interesting.

CallMeKiwi

kiwifarms.net
I don't think Ranboo was there. I've heard some people on Twitter say the party was at a pub, and I doubt Ranboo would go to a public event without a mask either way. It seems like tweets are mentioning Ranboo because Wilbur convinced him to come onto his stream, most likely as a type of damage control to distract from people talking about the party (same reason he was teasing Dream SMP lore).

Gru

Oh, Despicable Me.
kiwifarms.net
Here is what I found so far.
It all started with a tweet from this guy:
View attachment 2465559View attachment 2465561
So people went digging, here I a picture of georgr
View attachment 2465562
Video of Wilbur and jack that I am too lazy to upload here
View attachment 2465566
I didn’t find anything on ranboo yet, so I will had stuff if needed here.

Thank you. I at least have a bit more context for the situation now, why is it so hard for these twitter idiots to provide context for anything? Of course something like Wilbur pulling a Dream would be brushed under the rug for "REEE COVID MASKS MASKS COVID MASKS MASKS COVID VACCINE MASKS MASKS"

It's tiring. So, so tiring. I know it's just become a general thing for internet warriors to sperg about covid, but at least other fanbases I've seen have the spine to call out the creators for something actually worthwhile instead of "HE WENT TO PARTY WITHOUT MASK HOW DARE HE"

Also, why the fuck was Wilbur trying to damage control right after the shit blew up? Doesn't he have the "privilege" to log off for a day or two, unlike Tommy the "privileged" child (I still can't get over those "privilege" comments Wilbur made.), you've also got that idiot using the george emotes despite george also being at the party, because Dream's groupies get away with everything in this fanbase.