Minecraft -

Nauseated Courgi

Spontaneously Alive and Well
kiwifarms.net
Alright guys, looks like it's that time of the year again! The community voting event.

This time we're given the choice of three mobs that originated from the Minecraft spin off games:

The Moobloom from Minecraft Earth
Moobloom.png

The Iceologer (or Chillager) from Minecraft Dungeons
20200930_140115.jpg

and

The Glow Squid from Minecraft Earth
Glow_Squid.gif
If you're wondering about what function they each will serve in the game, then refer to the spoilers below:

The Moobloom is essentially the flower version of the Mooshroom. They're said to have a special interaction with the bees, but they haven't specified what.

They'll spawn in flower forest biomes.

A hostile mob that spawn in the new mountain top (the mountain biome vote content) and cold biomes.

They attack by summoning ice clouds and dropping ice chunks on you.

It's a neat looking ambient mob. That's about it. It spawns in deep ocean biomes.

Edit: added in the videos for the each of mobs in the spoilers.

Last edited:

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
They want to add a new Illager, yet they haven't even bothered implementing the Illusioner yet. Weird.
According to a Q&A, they said they don't like the Illusioner in his current state and that when they do add him (which they will), he'll be different from the one we see now.

FeatherDuster

words
kiwifarms.net
New update Caves & Cliffs revealed at Minecraft Live.
MCLive_Summary_CavesCliffs.jpg

Cave generation is overhauled, and there's new cave biomes like the lush caves, dripstone caves, and the deep dark, as allowed by the 3D Biomes added by the nether update. Plus wireless redstone, a new mob (The Warden), and an archaeology system where the player can look for ancient artifacts in blocks like gravel and dirt.

Copper has also been added, allowing you to craft telescopes (basically the optifine zoom feature), and lightning rods.

There's also new mountain generation, powder snow used as a trap, and goats.

Coolio55

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)> KIRBY DANCE
kiwifarms.net
Can't believe they added sex to minecraft! You can even cuckold other players online by purchasing microsoft points!

Sad that the only video footage of goat noises was in the shitty phone game nobody cares about but the goats sound good so that's OK.

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
New update Caves & Cliffs revealed at Minecraft Live.
View attachment 1638806

Cave generation is overhauled, and there's new cave biomes like the lush caves, dripstone caves, and the deep dark, as allowed by the 3D Biomes added by the nether update. Plus wireless redstone, a new mob (The Warden), and an archaeology system where the player can look for ancient artifacts in blocks like gravel and dirt.

Copper has also been added, allowing you to craft telescopes (basically the optifine zoom feature), and lightning rods.

There's also new mountain generation, powder snow used as a trap, and goats.
In other news: the Glow Squid won the mob vote. So, it looks like the ambient mob is getting added in as opposed to the interesting hostile mob (Iceologer) or the semi-interesting passive mob (Moobloom).

And apparently, the mob vote was influenced by two Youtubers (Dream and Mrbeast).

Elysian

kiwifarms.net
I can’t believe I’m gonna have to wait until mid 2021 for the cave update. It looks super fun to play, I’ve wanted significant additions to the over world for so long. Reminds me of waiting out the 3 year long Sherlock hiatuses back in my Sherlock fandom phase when I was a teenager. I’m so impatient aaaaaaaaa-

Still kinda pissed the glow squid doesn’t actually glow though. Moobloom is cute and should’ve won. Also I think the glow squid would have been cooler if it was a bioluminescent jellyfish instead because fuck yeah jellyfish

Maybe I’ll get a copy of Minecraft Dungeons to pass the time with, I recently completed Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance which has a similar hack-and-slash dungeon crawler Diablo clone kinda situation going on, and I enjoyed it very much so I wouldn’t mind checking out other games in the genre.

Book Thief

Please send help.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So the Cave Update, on the whole, looks pretty damned sweet. My only main concern is how useful Copper will be as an ore. Sure, it's useful to Creative players (finally, an appropriate block to create a replica Statue of Liberty with), but speaking as a Survival player, it looks like Copper will become the new Lapis Lazuli prior to it becoming an enchanting ingredient. I was hoping Copper would serve as an intermediary tier between stone and iron as tools and armor, but it could be expanded beyond that to be useful in Redstone contraptions, but alas, neither was showcased, and instead we got a telescope (redundant if you have Optifine) and a pretty useless lightning rod (your roof ain't gonna burn from lightning strikes because the rain immediately extinguishes it).

Other than that, totally looking forward to playing the Snapshots when they drop.

John Titor

Pronouns: time/temporal/tempself
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Does anybody know a working map editor? I've been using a map I had from 1.8 and my newly added biomes have gotten schizophrenic.

TurkishOreo

Legendary cream and more cacao
kiwifarms.net
So the Cave Update, on the whole, looks pretty damned sweet. My only main concern is how useful Copper will be as an ore. Sure, it's useful to Creative players (finally, an appropriate block to create a replica Statue of Liberty with), but speaking as a Survival player, it looks like Copper will become the new Lapis Lazuli prior to it becoming an enchanting ingredient. I was hoping Copper would serve as an intermediary tier between stone and iron as tools and armor, but it could be expanded beyond that to be useful in Redstone contraptions, but alas, neither was showcased, and instead we got a telescope (redundant if you have Optifine) and a pretty useless lightning rod (your roof ain't gonna burn from lightning strikes because the rain immediately extinguishes it).

Other than that, totally looking forward to playing the Snapshots when they drop.
I hope the Lightning rod is also increasing the % chance of rain /w lightning happening.

Wtf are bundles supposed to do when you have shulker boxes?

Caves being huge enough to fly in is great with Night Vision.

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net

I'm assuming the developer for optifine will probably remove their zoom feature for the later version in order to not make the telescope obsolete. I can see some mob farming potential with the lightning rod as well, but I'm sure some other stuff will be included with the copper.
I hope the Lightning rod is also increasing the % chance of rain /w lightning happening.

Caves being huge enough to fly in is great with Night Vision.
People have been complaining about not having an early game alternative of the shulker box and the bundle looks like it will appease that crowd. There also seems to a capacity system with where you can only fill it with so much before it burst open or something like that.

Book Thief

Please send help.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
People have been complaining about not having an early game alternative of the shulker box and the bundle looks like it will appease that crowd. There also seems to a capacity system with where you can only fill it with so much before it burst open or something like that.
As Courgi said, it's supposed to be a early-game version of the Shulker Box. Specifically, it appears to be able to condense multiple items into a 64-item stack, so in theory, you could drop four 16-stacks of Enderpearls into it to save on inventory space.

TurkishOreo

kiwifarms.net
As Courgi said, it's supposed to be a early-game version of the Shulker Box. Specifically, it appears to be able to condense multiple items into a 64-item stack, so in theory, you could drop four 16-stacks of Enderpearls into it to save on inventory space.
Your example is quite contradictory.
I mean most of my ender stacks are from the End, where Shulkers are and the Loot Chest's.

Altough the Bundles would be great as Toolboxes at the beginning and late-game if they can be stored inside Shulker boxes they'll save even more space for all the different enchant books.

Hopefully they can be dyed.

Book Thief

Please send help.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Your example is quite contradictory.
I mean most of my ender stacks are from the End, where Shulkers are and the Loot Chest's.

Altough the Bundles would be great as Toolboxes at the beginning and late-game if they can be stored inside Shulker boxes they'll save even more space for all the different enchant books.

Hopefully they can be dyed.
Right, but my point was that the bundles can be used to reduce the amount of inventory space needed for 16-stack items, assuming that is how they will end up working. On my private server, we have a lot of Enderpearls, yet we haven't bothered to fight the Dragon yet, so Shulker Boxes are out of the question for us.

Having them condense multiple tools and single-stack items into a single slot sounds awesomely overpowered, though. I wonder how they'll balance that, if at all.

Nauseated Courgi

kiwifarms.net
Having them condense multiple tools and single-stack items into a single slot sounds awesomely overpowered, though. I wonder how they'll balance that, if at all.
I have three deas:

1. Each bundle can only carry 4 stacks of items.

2. They'll introduce along with it a "storage capacity" system where if it holds too many items, it will break and the contents will burst out (maybe have certain items have different weights to them so that players would have to figure out which items can be stored in certain bundles).

and/or

3. The bundles can only hold certain items (stackable items and certain stackable blocks like dirt), while shulker boxes can hold anything.

TurkishOreo

kiwifarms.net
Right, but my point was that the bundles can be used to reduce the amount of inventory space needed for 16-stack items, assuming that is how they will end up working. On my private server, we have a lot of Enderpearls, yet we haven't bothered to fight the Dragon yet, so Shulker Boxes are out of the question for us.

Why balance Inventory Management inside a Single Player?
Bundles also work as a Potion Belt.

They'll also have a lategame use IF arrows of [Potion Effect] can be fired while inside the bundle unlike Shulker Boxes.

Book Thief

Please send help.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have three deas:

1. Each bundle can only carry 4 stacks of items.

2. They'll introduce along with it a "storage capacity" system where if it holds too many items, it will break and the contents will burst out (maybe have certain items have different weights to them so that players would have to figure out which items can be stored in certain bundles).

and/or

3. The bundles can only hold certain items (stackable items and certain stackable blocks like dirt), while shulker boxes can hold anything.
My guess is that bundles will be able to hold everything, but non-stackable items like tools will take up multiple "slots" in the bundle, For example, if a pickaxe takes up four slots, you can have one bundle that can hold 16 pickaxes.

Why balance Inventory Management inside a Single Player?
Bundles also work as a Potion Belt.

They'll also have a lategame use IF arrows of [Potion Effect] can be fired while inside the bundle unlike Shulker Boxes.
You need inventory management in Single Player because, as they explained in the video, when you're away from your base, your inventory gets filled with a lot of crap. It's been a huge problem ever since extra mob drops (spider eyes, rotten flesh, etc.) and alternate stone types (granite, andesite, diorite) were introduced, since they've drastically inflated the amount of items you get during a spelunking expedition, yet the inventory size has remained roughly the same since Alpha, only getting slightly larger with the introduction of the off-hand slot.

Bundles as a potion-storing device sounds super sick, though, and I can't wait for their implementation.