Plagued #MISSOU - Literally worse than #PARIS

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wristwatchswisswatch

I can feel the cosmos
kiwifarms.net
As you are all aware by now, Paris and the entire world are mourning a tragic and unfounded attack on innocent human beings. The bodies are still being counted, the borders still closed. What could possibly be worse than this?

Ladies and gentlemen, the oppression suffered by the brave, African students of Missou (A university I have the displeasure of taking a class at) is worse than the grotesque massacre. In fact, it's terrorism.

At least, that's the way they see themselves. Ever so quick to try and steal the light of the tragedy, many a student has taken to twitter to try and call out any American who is shocked and horrified by the Paris shootings. Why? Well, take a look below.

This sort of thing generally puts me at a loss for words. I'm just disgusted.

Cause of the Protests

On Monday, November 9, University of Missouri president Tim Wolfe resigned after serving just four years. This came after months of complaints and protests about his lack of response to racist incidents on the University of Missouri campus in Columbia. The calls grew louder the week prior as a graduate student went on a hunger strike and a student group had his resignation at the top of their list of demands.

Now, Tim Wolfe wasn't necessarily a good president by any means, choosing to cut costs and raise tuition at the same time. However, the protesters attempt to create a "media safe-space" quickly turned agressive, an assistant professor even grabbing and attacking a reporter while screaming for muscle to help get rid of him. (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...t-assistant-professor-melissa-click/75640722/ she's getting sued by a student now too).

Because the minor amount of infamy they garnered was quickly washed away by an unabashed act of terrorism, they claim they were attacked by terrorists too because of a lack of political correctness = terrorism.

Discuss.

EDIT:

One of the biggest racist acts that sparked this whole issue is the famous "shitler", a swastika painted on the unisex bathroom wall. Check it out.
77fc1710-898a-11e5-a306-192acf6c608a_Mizzou_Swastika.png
Now, who drew this? No one really knows.

Another huge spark was
Twain027O_jpg_900x600_q85.jpg

In regards to the racist acts on campus, the most blatant was this drunk dude who came in and called everyone a nigger during a play rehearsal.

Last edited:

redline

seeing red camouflage
kiwifarms.net
I could see this kind of commotion being somewhat justified if it was multiple, large shit swastikas on the dorm-room doors of targeted minority students. But this is a shit swastika on a single tile in a bathroom.

This isn't terrorism, it's an exceptional individual who got bored while taking a dump.

And good for them if they got an ineffectual leader to resign, but don't try to compare this to what is going on in Paris right now, that is bullshit.

Last edited:

Radgy Chadobah

Str8 Fgt
kiwifarms.net
On Monday, November 9, University of Missouri president Tim Wolfe resigned after serving just four years. This came after months of complaints and protests about his lack of response to racist incidents on the University of Missouri campus in Columbia.

Hi there Kiwi-on-the-scene @wristwatchswisswatch, can you maybe elucidate as to what these "racist incidents" are, the ones they keep referring to that set off the chain of events that led to the resignation? I've had trouble finding any real specific details on what exactly went down, other than there were incidents and they were racist.

#prayforParis

Last edited:

meatslab

Magical, pansexual, non-threatening spokesthing
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't blame any of the students there for being afraid of going to class and wanting more media involvement due to how little so many professors cared. Murder threats at schools, especially nowadays, are a serious and scary thing. It's a relief nobody died or got hurt.

That being said, like I said in the Paris thread, it's really gross that people are using people who died as a ways of pushing their own agenda (any side using a tragedy to push an opinion as it is still happening is really gross) They can be mad as much as they want for the little media coverage, but some people don't seem to get that you can care about multiple things at once.

Another thing I'd like to add is how some of these people on Tunblr really contradict themselves in regards to things that upset them. They can be upset by a cartoon or something that reminds them of a bad time and ask you to tag things accordingly so they don't see it, but then half their blog is filled with nothing but posts about really unfortunate events in the news and blogging about how selfish and ignorant people are for not publicly acknowledging the same things. Personally, I deal with more than enough reality and death at my job everyday. And even though I rarely take it home with me, being bombarded by nothing but tragedy and having to keep up with EVERYTHING terrible can be exhausting, overwhelming, and depressing.

Sure, everyone should at least have a general knowledge of current events, but when I get home I want to wind down and surround myself with positive things like stupid cat videos, cartoons, or I'll draw, whatever. Just because I don't publicly acknowledge something by not reblogging it doesn't mean I don't care. I think a lot of these people need to actually listen to their therapists and surround themselves with constructive positivity.

Sorry for the novel.

Last edited:

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
I could see this kind of commotion being somewhat justified if it was multiple, large shit swastikas on the dorm-room doors of targeted minority students. But this is a shit swastika on a single tile in a bathroom.

And anyway, why the fuck do blacks immediately think they're the ones being "targeted" by poop swastikas anyway? Shouldn't this be thought of as an anti-semitic thing instead of an anti-black thing? I don't see every Jew in Missouri running around bitching 24/7 and refusing to attend school or go to work over this stuff.*

Disclaimer: this may be because there aren't any Jews in Missouri.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Another thing that supposedly happened was a random guy in a pick-up truck supposedly yelled a racial slur at a black guy out in town. There was nothing tying this to the college, yet somehow this proves the college is racist. The guy who claimed this happened is such a poor oppressed black child, his daddy only earned 8 million last year, according to tax filings.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/11/12...etails-of-previously-unreported-racial-slurs/

The link reports the police investigation that was started due to the poo swastika.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.