MLP Reviews -

Cgame

kiwifarms.net
This thread is for the discussion of Mrenters MLP reviews. Note that any MLP episode that Mrenter considered to be an "animated atrocity" should go into the animated atrocity thread.

Essay on the episode: http://mrenter.deviantart.com/journal/One-Bad-Apple-s-Bullying-Portrayal-458818647

Summary: Typical bullying is bad episode.

Mrenters verdict: He hates the episode so much that he finds the episodes offensive. His reasoning for this is that he believes that the protagonists were defending themselves by actively retaliating against the bully. He also believes that the idea of telling a parent about a bullying problem is a bad moral because some parents are bad parents, this explanation ignores modern psychology which suggests that telling a parent is one of the best things that a child can do in a bullying situation. He believes that the episode justifies bullying because you were bullied, rather than realizing that this is why normal children turn into bullies.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think this is a good idea. Some of the MLP stuff ended up in the other thread but it seems like "Putting your Hoof Down" is the closest thing to an actual MLP atrocity according to Enter.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Putting Your Hoof Down" and "Rainbow Falls" are Atrocities according to Enter.
I forgot. What did he hate about "Rainbow Falls?" The first one is the one that I always came to my mind the most when I think of shit that's made Enter butthurt.

chimpburgers

Big league
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mr. Enter is sure projecting himself and his writing flaws in that Rainbow Falls review, I'll tell you that much. I'm sitting through it right now.

Anchuent Dictata

Primordial Manajerk
kiwifarms.net
-I- hated Rainbow falls.

It expects the viewership to accept a lot of nonsensical plot points at face value, for my part that's what got me.

For example, the big plot of the episode is Rainbow Dash trying to get her three pony team to qualify for what amounts to the world's Olympics. Who is this team made up of? Fluttershy, who can't sing in front of a crowd of people from her hometown without going apeshit and fleeing from stage fright, and a Pegasus who is the physical embodiment of not-aerodynamic.

Things like that, essentially.

Anus

Formerly PickleGuy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.
I thought what he said was that telling an adult should be where the moral starts, not where it ends. Because it isn't good unless it fits his experiences exactly. Typical sperging.

Cgame

kiwifarms.net
I thought what he said was that telling an adult should be where the moral starts, not where it ends. Because it isn't good unless it fits his experiences exactly. Typical sperging.
I believe that is true; but that only makes his review worse. He thinks the moral of the episode is for the adults watching and that it should explain what they should do, and not the kids.

• Agree
Reactions: Anus

Swiggity Swooty

Food and good doesn't rhyme.
kiwifarms.net
I knew I was going to have fun with this as soon as I heard Enter go “I don’t think adultery is very funny”.

To summarize: Baby Cakes is about Pinkie Pie babysitting Mr. and Mrs. Cake’s twin foals. However, Pinkie has never babysat before, so she can’t handle the twins. This episode was written by Charlotte Fullerton, who is the Pony equivalent of Casey Alexander. I’m not sure if Charlotte’s been Twitter-bombed by Enter’s fans, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she was.

Enter’s Verdict:
Apparently, Enter’s seen every single babysitting plot in every single cartoon to know exactly what was going to happen beforehand (bath, feeding, changing diapers, etc.) That or he’s just saying that to seem more credible as an “animation critic”. Either way, you can tell Enter has never babysat before in his life either because this is standard babysitting. Enter nitpicks about Pinkie leaving the twins alone in a bathtub full of water, and claims “stupid decisions like this are making it very hard to find something to like in this episode”. Keep in mind, again, Pinkie has never babysat before.

Twilight tries to offer Pinkie help, but Pinkie refuses, claiming she can handle it -to which Enter comments that his scene could’ve been cut out entirely as it had nothing to offer. Enter doesn’t realize the entire point of this episode is showing Pinkie trying and failing to be a responsible caretaker and biting off more than she can chew. Enter once again states that the writers are making shit up when the twins start using their unicorn and pegasus powers without any effort and states that Charlotte can’t follow continuity.
Yeah, insult the people who work in the field of work you’re trying to get into. I’m sure they’ll have nothing but praise once Growing Around gets picked up (implying it ever will).

In the end, when Pinkie starts crying and the twins feel sorry for her and start to listen. Enter claims that this episode was good until the last five minutes. He could’ve fooled me seeing as he claims this episode fails on all fronts.

TL; DR: Enter’s calling out professional writers as usual.

EDIT:
Bringing this to the attention of whoever reads this: DERPYGATE

Last edited:

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
-I- hated Rainbow falls.

It expects the viewership to accept a lot of nonsensical plot points at face value, for my part that's what got me.

For example, the big plot of the episode is Rainbow Dash trying to get her three pony team to qualify for what amounts to the world's Olympics. Who is this team made up of? Fluttershy, who can't sing in front of a crowd of people from her hometown without going apeshit and fleeing from stage fright, and a Pegasus who is the physical embodiment of not-aerodynamic.

Things like that, essentially.
WTF are you whining about - I find that shit fucking hilarious, despite how dumb it is.

Oh, and THIS thread right here is Entard at his absolute worst - sperging about a horribly overrated show that doesn't need more reviews like this - unless said reviews are less than half a minute long and end with - yep, that's a girls show for you...

Cgame

kiwifarms.net
WTF are you whining about - I find that shit fucking hilarious, despite how dumb it is.

Oh, and THIS thread right here is Entard at his absolute worst - sperging about a horribly overrated show that doesn't need more reviews like this - unless said reviews are less than half a minute long and end with - yep, that's a girls show for you...
I can see his point on this one. MLP isn't particularly a comedy show, so something like this doesn't work as well as it would in a show like Spongebob.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
I can see his point on this one. MLP isn't particularly a comedy show, so something like this doesn't work as well as it would in a show like Spongebob.
Most of the comedy is forced, as I've begun to notice, now that I've stopped being a fan and opened my eyes to better fare, IMHO. Revisiting this show to prove my point is not just difficult, but next to impossible - wow, I didn't know just how little I felt about this until now. I really was just foolishly following the crowd because I thought it was OK to do with a "good" cartoon in general... Dammit.

Cgame

kiwifarms.net
Enter nitpicks about Pinkie leaving the twins alone in a bathtub full of water, and claims “stupid decisions like this are making it very hard to find something to like in this episode”. Keep in mind, again, Pinkie has never babysat before.
This seems to be a pattern in MrEnters pony reviews, he thinks that the show that is targetting the adults rather than the children watching it. Are there any more instances of him doing this?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino