MMO General - clean your fucking WASD keys

patchwork

Have a donut.
kiwifarms.net
1e1e64d4c0b79d0e4d7372c6ae8d99f1f7988443aee9f7e947d06a03ae0fa1a9.png
(archive for those who have trouble with tiny ass text)
Of course, there's always room to make fun of people who play these games too. Here's someone LITERALLY shaking over being called a nigger by a group of trolls. Apparently the first round of obvious trolling wasn't enough to blacklist/report over?
FF14 in particular is saturated with tumblrina types, so finding petty drama or overreactions to dumb shit is pretty easy. Been debating posting general WoW salt too but I'm not as involved in that community to find stuff that isn't "blizzard nerfed my class" crying.

Reactions: SnowBall

TsumTsum

Adding to my collection of waifus.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 168235
(archive for those who have trouble with tiny ass text)
Of course, there's always room to make fun of people who play these games too. Here's someone LITERALLY shaking over being called a Google by a group of trolls. Apparently the first round of obvious trolling wasn't enough to blacklist/report over?
FF14 in particular is saturated with tumblrina types, so finding petty drama or overreactions to dumb shit is pretty easy. Been debating posting general WoW salt too but I'm not as involved in that community to find stuff that isn't "blizzard nerfed my class" crying.
Since I started playing on Balmung, my friend and I have a daily ritual of looking up FFXIV discourse on tumblr and trying to find those said people on the server (like the infamous Shofie).

One of my favorites posts circulating around was a post calling people racist if they didn't want to fuck Lalafells.
:story:

There could be an entire thread dedicated to SJWs on Final Fantasy I swear.

Reactions: alex_theman

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It seems all the crazies come from Balmung. I've heard horror stories of some of the things that go down on that server.

That said Red Mage looks amazing.

MeatRokket08

This world is so fucked, let's end it tonight
kiwifarms.net
It seems all the crazies come from Balmung. I've heard horror stories of some of the things that go down on that server.

That said Red Mage looks amazing.
One time I checked out Balmung just to see if it's as cancerous as everyone said it was and the first message I got was a catgirl player asking if he could swim in my ass like a fish so maybe they have a point.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One time I checked out Balmung just to see if it's as cancerous as everyone said it was and the first message I got was a catgirl player asking if he could swim in my ass like a fish so maybe they have a point.
Wow. I've seen screenshots of the party finder list from Balmung and most of them contained people looking for ERP partners. Thankfully the server I'm on is mostly free of that. We get those people occasionally but most of the time it's people trolling the party finder. I'm not really surprised as Balmung is the "unofficial rp" server.

I've always wanted to check it out due to morbid curiosity but character creation is often closed because the server is so full. Perhaps that's a good thing.

Dane

chaosfag
kiwifarms.net
I've been on a pretty aggressive WoW kick for just under a year now (I've been playing on and off since I was a teenager and TBC was the hot shit), starting to get a bit bored of it though,

part of me really wants to check out FFXIV, but another part is uncomfortable with having to completely learn a new MMO

Reactions: XYZpdq

patchwork

Have a donut.
kiwifarms.net
Balmung is transfer-only now, as far as I know - the bots will get in faster so it's genuinely easier to do that than camp the server list. I hear Gilgamesh has similar drama and opens a tiny bit more often, but you'd have to try immediately before or after maintenance, or when the data centers are taking a shit.

I'm... pretty biased towards wanting to praise 14. It's a breath of fresh air, being different enough from WoW that you can't compare much between the two, and the playerbase tends towards being incredibly helpful to newbies. The various gameplay systems are just quirky enough that I'd rather outright say, coming from WoW, try the free trial. It'll feel wonky until you get used to it. Most everyone will say that the game doesn't really start until you hit endgame, but if you dislike how fighting feels it'll be awful trying to get there.
Also, I have a few friends who stuck around purely for the crafting/gathering gameplay, so if leveling combat classes isn't your thing, that's worth a shot too? I can't get into it at all but just throwing that out there, the crafting is very unique.

Reactions: valis and TsumTsum

TiggerNits

Yankee vampire living off the blood of the poor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I used to play EQ when I was still flying because it took my mind off of shit pretty well. It was so poorly designed and punishing for no reason, but to be honest I would love to see something like it made again. Massive world, no hand holding, everything is terrifying and a mystery either because the devs don't tune shit before releasing it or they don't have what comes next programmed in so they make it impossible to beat. I never got too far, had a Paladin who hit max level but never really raided, but my best friend from High school played it a ton when he was working as an assistant professor, so he'd drag me along sometimes if there wasn't competition for paladin specific loot.

Seeing something like classic EQ meets Dark Souls would be my fantasy gaming jam.

patchwork

Have a donut.
kiwifarms.net
With the new patch making the servers on FF14 not completely closed off from each other, there's drama bound to happen.
I didn't catch the OP in time, but some context clues say it was a casual player from Balmung (of course) complaining that people from Gilgamesh were bullying him because he was getting carried hard. Like, "here's a DPS doing less than a healer can" carried. He is shocked and surprised when people overwhelmingly say he's shit and he was right to get kicked out of content he can't do.
Looking forward to more and more of this happening as the game gets closer to WoW's partial server merges/clusters.

I did finally get to try out Revelation Online though, it's fairly similar to Blade and Soul but introduces the trinity (dps/tank/heals) to the gameplay. I'm honestly not used to seeing this level of quality from freemium-like games, though that may be because the company is the one who runs Blizzard's Chinese branch or something like that. I think it's still a long while from being released (the closed beta updates feel more like translation patches) but it'll be worth checking out if you like games that are extremely alt friendly with leveling or getting endgame ready quickly imo.

Dual Rectifier

100 Watt count; 100 dead count
kiwifarms.net
Balmung is a hit and miss server. Lots of RP, lots of SJWs, but pockets of cool people. But you never to go the Quicksand in Ul'dah. You just...don't do it.

BillionBisonBucks

Soon will be worth five billion pounds
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad I'm on a ghost town server in FF14. I've literally never seen public RP, and the few speds that tried it in FC chat got threatened with expulsion by the guild master, god bless 'im.

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been playing (retro af) WoW for awhile now on Feenix. While their TBC server can get kind of glitchy, they recently came out with a WotLK server that seems pretty good so far. It's a fun free nostalgia kick.

Leveilleur

kiwifarms.net
Thought I'd resurrect this thread with Stormblood coming up tomorrow morning. MMOs have always been a soft spot for me and FFXIV has been my more recent game. I plan on trying Bard and Samurai for SB at first, but I'm not sure how long until I switch back to heals since I'm always heals.

And I was curious on how WoW is doing as well, I stopped playing in Mists but I've been considering trying it again, the only thing stopping me is the sub costs. I heard there's a new raid being released on the 20th too.

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
STORMBLOOD HYPE

Dragoon main here, playing since about February. FF XIV is probably the only MMO into which I made a serious time investment after trying about five dozens of these bastards and getting bored before it supposedly gets good. Helps that I got in there with a bunch of buds starting from scratch, so that helps.

Reactions: Leveilleur

Sable

DANGEROUSLY WELCOMING IN THE NEW YEAR
kiwifarms.net
I don't really MMO unless my friends decide to but I still play Discworld MUD if that counts.

Someone here got me to play GW2 once, but I forgot to continue...

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
Rundown of my experiences with Stormblood so far:

- First day was a mess, seeing how quickly Raubahn became a roadblock due to Squeenix bottlenecking a piece of content barely an hour into the expansion that was mandatory to progress in the story. People actually formed queues in the vain hope that it would allow for smoother progression. Also, as if to mirror my experience ingame, when I tried to post about this yesterday, it wouldn't let me even after multiple attempts.
- They had to have expected that launching an expansion with two new DPS classes would basically kill duty queues. That said, Samurai is pretty fun in an "easy to learn, hard to master" kind of way.
- Y'shtola's 'death' scene from the trailer was a fakeout, though not sure what else I should have expected after seeing it happen so early into the story. Makes me wonder what came first: the scene or the need to have a scene for the trailer where it looks like a Scion bites the dust.
- While I'm at it, it's kinda refreshing to have this big of a dick as the main antagonist. After Gaius being all well intentioned, if seriously misled, and Thordan basically pitting two parties against each other to then clean up and do his own thing, Zenos being this guy who just wrecks the Resistance and goes full edgelord begging for a decent opponent should make him for a satisfying fight further down the line, provided the mechanics from his instance fight are expanded upon.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino