MMO General - clean your fucking WASD keys

Leveilleur

Birthday
kiwifarms.net
- First day was a mess, seeing how quickly Raubahn became a roadblock due to Squeenix bottlenecking a piece of content barely an hour into the expansion that was mandatory to progress in the story. People actually formed queues in the vain hope that it would allow for smoother progression. Also, as if to mirror my experience ingame, when I tried to post about this yesterday, it wouldn't let me even after multiple attempts.
Oh man the queues were insane. I still haven't gotten past that quest yet, but it was oddly fun to see people line up. I just really want to see more of the quests and areas but its killing me I can't. *sigh* At least fate chaining feels a little bit more do-able with the extra exp bonuses on some. I haven't messed with either of the new jobs yet, but if I get stuck another 6 hours on trying to get in I'm gonna have to start leveling them instead.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it bad that I'm somewhat enjoying the salt being generated over this whole mess? Players are rightfully angry (seriously gating the story behind a solo instance was a horrible move on the developers' part. And there are multiple solo instances after that from what I've read.) but I've seen some full blown meltdowns and temper tantrums.

• Agree
Reactions: Leveilleur

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
Is it bad that I'm somewhat enjoying the salt being generated over this whole mess? Players are rightfully angry (seriously gating the story behind a solo instance was a horrible move on the developers' part. And there are multiple solo instances after that from what I've read.) but I've seen some full blown meltdowns and temper tantrums.
It's cooled off considerably, at least on the server I'm on (Phoenix). But I am hearing that it's still pretty bad on others, and it's not just story instances, either. Getting the Samurai quest going was quite a nightmare itself. You can get access to the class, no problem, but with how many people were trying to access the fight right after, it was absolutely stupid.

Now the problem is the queues. It's ridiculous. Leveling, 50/60, Trials, nothing goes below 30 minutes, at least on my end. And even when you do get in, you're still at the mercy of tanks and healers who see people who just picked Samurai and Red Mage, go "fuck this" and leave again. Or maybe that was just me that one time when I lost two tanks and a healer on Keeper of the Lake.

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Apparently people are also making clickbots to right click spam on the NPCs until they get in the solo instances. That's just going to make it worse.

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
BOY, Yotsuyu is a cunt. What is it with the villains in this storyline being this blatantly evil? Even Thordan at least waited until you reached the Vault before he had Haurchefant impaled on a Sunlight Spear.

Doge

wow
kiwifarms.net
I played FF14 very briefly a few years ago, but I remember not liking it for some reason. That being said, all my friends loved it.

The Red Mage coming up in the new expansion is catching my attention, though. I've always loved Red Mages and love hybrid characters with a lot of maneuverability.

Dylan

kiwifarms.net
Ragnarok/tree of savior.

Ragnarok is one of those iconic mmo, which lots of people for some reason didn't try. It's very oldschool, but interesting, you can't go on alone through the game all enemies are tough enough to beat you 1-1. Some classes specislize on certain type of enemies, like priests on demons and undead.
Tree of savior is successor to ragnarok, but it's very modern, with instances and stuff. Huge variety of builds, 4 basic classes and 8 following sub classes, most of which can be taken 3 times in a row, giving extra levels for some specific abilities.

All other mmo in general are boring and generic over the top.

Medici

kiwifarms.net
Maplestory, mainly because of the burning event and 2x xp. Apparently they released a new class in Korea that's coming to GMS soon. Dual chain blades and very flashy fx. I still get bored fairly quickly and go back to playing something else after a while, but some classes are pretty fun.

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
OH MY GOD THE SIDE QUESTS JUST WON'T END

I guess part of it is my own fault - actually doing all the side quests as they pop up - but then again, those side quests are meant to be done sooner rather than later, and while I appreciate the world building, it does become quite a pace breaker. Like I just learned about that one important guy's whereabout and storywise, it'd be better if I went after him sooner than later, but there's a furry and a bipedal fish looking for their purpose in life and they give me better equipment, so I better jump on that.

patchwork

Have a donut.
kiwifarms.net
Ragnarok/tree of savior.

Ragnarok is one of those iconic mmo, which lots of people for some reason didn't try. It's very oldschool, but interesting, you can't go on alone through the game all enemies are tough enough to beat you 1-1. Some classes specislize on certain type of enemies, like priests on demons and undead.
Tree of savior is successor to ragnarok, but it's very modern, with instances and stuff. Huge variety of builds, 4 basic classes and 8 following sub classes, most of which can be taken 3 times in a row, giving extra levels for some specific abilities.

All other mmo in general are boring and generic over the top.
I tried Tree of Savior, but I got pissed that if you didn't get a key piece of gear in a certain set of levels your power dropped off significantly. It was nice reliving RO for the short time I played it - I even got a cheap-ass controller for it because the game honestly felt better on it. I feel like you could fuck up your character a lot more easily than you could in RO, what with the constant branching of classes or double/tripling up on them. A lot cooler overall, though.

Also god damn it I quit FFXIV before Stormblood came out, it's really tempting to get back in to try the new classes but the free time is completely gone. The salt from the solo instance bullshittery is delicious.

• Winner

FuckYou

Fuck You
Deceased
kiwifarms.net
Maplestory, mainly because of the burning event and 2x xp. Apparently they released a new class in Korea that's coming to GMS soon. Dual chain blades and very flashy fx. I still get bored fairly quickly and go back to playing something else after a while, but some classes are pretty fun.
Maplestory is addicting as fuck for a few hours, then you realize you grinded 100+ hrs of your life away and your super high level of 182 doesn't mean shit compared to the severely dedicated autists in their mid 200s. Then you quit for a few years and come back; rinse and repeat for decades.

Medici

kiwifarms.net
Maplestory is addicting as fuck for a few hours, then you realize you grinded 100+ hrs of your life away and your super high level of 182 doesn't mean shit compared to the severely dedicated autists in their mid 200s. Then you quit for a few years and come back; rinse and repeat for decades.
This has been me since I was about 9 years old. Jesus christ. After 100 (or if i like the class 130-150) I usually move on to another class, I want to get 200 now that apparently it's easier, but there's so much shit I have to do to get my range up for my Xenon it started to feel like a chore.

FuckYou

Fuck You
Deceased
kiwifarms.net
Xenon and Jett are shit DPS right now

Maplestory was only good from 2005-2007 because of the community. Now the community aspect is dead and Wizet is long gone.

• Agree
Reactions: Medici

Sallet Lad Jim

Sallet Dressing
kiwifarms.net
Didn't see anything on WoW, so I figured I'd mention that I've done some of the new raid (and will hopefully normal clear it this fri/sat), and it's an absolute blast - easily the best raid of the expansion, and some have even called it one of the best raids period - probably because it's clearly a lot more mechanic-focused as opposed to stat focused. Which I can certainly appreciate.

• Informative
Reactions: Ravelord and XYZpdq

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Didn't see anything on WoW, so I figured I'd mention that I've done some of the new raid (and will hopefully normal clear it this fri/sat), and it's an absolute blast - easily the best raid of the expansion, and some have even called it one of the best raids period - probably because it's clearly a lot more mechanic-focused as opposed to stat focused. Which I can certainly appreciate.
I haven't had time for WoW in a couple of months. :heart-empty:

Sallet Lad Jim

Sallet Dressing
kiwifarms.net
I haven't had time for WoW in a couple of months. :heart-empty:
Well, catch-up mechanics are pretty much in full effect now - it's pretty reasonable nowadays to be able to gear up for new raids in a week or two, as opposed to 'fuckin' never' earlier in Legion.

Leveilleur

Birthday
kiwifarms.net
Well, catch-up mechanics are pretty much in full effect now - it's pretty reasonable nowadays to be able to gear up for new raids in a week or two, as opposed to 'fuckin' never' earlier in Legion
Do they do free log in campaigns sometimes? The only thing stopping me from picking it back up is the sub since I'm already paying for another. Think my account at this point is just inactive. Really want to take a look back in on it sometime though.

Sallet Lad Jim

Sallet Dressing
kiwifarms.net
Do they do free log in campaigns sometimes? The only thing stopping me from picking it back up is the sub since I'm already paying for another. Think my account at this point is just inactive. Really want to take a look back in on it sometime though.
Nope, just free 'till 20 - if you can play the auction house well you can literally never pay money again, but that's pretty annoying to do.

• Informative

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
It seems like with every passing day, DPS queues in FF XIV seem to get worse. I legit had to wait fifty minutes on Expert Roulette on a Thursday afternoon.

God, I hope we're getting a healer or a tank before the next expansion.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino