Modern Livejournal Lovecow Community: Do they still exist? - Have all of the Lolcows left the Livejournal fields?

MirrorNoir

Un, deux, trois, dit miroir noir
kiwifarms.net
Getting a bit nostalgic reading the childfree thread in the community subforum and it makes me wonder; are the still communities of note and value, especially for lulz, on Livejournal? Or is Livejournal truly and completely and irrevocably dead as a community?

CMCW

Shhh, We're talking about Black people.
kiwifarms.net
I still have a great recording from that old site "Live Journal Drama" of some guy moderating a group call between a 20 somethings Furry and the teenage boy that baited him into traveling across the country by posing as a woman on Furcadia. It used to be THE place to find lols but i don't think there's any exclusive niches to Live Journal anymore that you can't find on their tumblrs/twitters. Tons of bad poetry maybe.

CIA Nigger

"IT'S NOT A FETISH MOM"
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say LiveJournal is deader than Tumblr at this point, but Alexa shows it has people in Russia using it and it's the #25th most popular website in Russia. Chances are the only reason you'd run across Livejournal today is if you're doing research on a cow with a long internet history, finding inactive abandoned accounts, or if you're doing research on a Russian lolcow.

There are wiki pages and news site articles about exactly why LJ fell in the anglosphere but it comes down to the site being sold off multiple times, failed banwaves, a new Russian language ToS that prohibited gay content, and the rise of Tumblr. The last reason is perhaps the most important one as Tumblr served the same role LiveJournal did for years.

jellycar

Actually Patty Hearst/Fake Jan Brady
kiwifarms.net
Ontd needs to move off LJ and they apparently are very strict now. Like they ban you for the slightest infraction.

FinnKitty

kiwifarms.net
I still have a great recording from that old site "Live Journal Drama" of some guy moderating a group call between a 20 somethings Furry and the teenage boy that baited him into traveling across the country by posing as a woman on Furcadia. It used to be THE place to find lols but i don't think there's any exclusive niches to Live Journal anymore that you can't find on their tumblrs/twitters. Tons of bad poetry maybe.
Oh maaaan, ljdrama is probably the reason I'm a kiwi now. Even kid me enjoyed the lolcows.

Last edited:

Sperghetti

#waxmymeatballs
kiwifarms.net
I'd say LiveJournal is deader than Tumblr at this point, but Alexa shows it has people in Russia using it and it's the #25th most popular website in Russia. Chances are the only reason you'd run across Livejournal today is if you're doing research on a cow with a long internet history, finding inactive abandoned accounts, or if you're doing research on a Russian lolcow.

There are wiki pages and news site articles about exactly why LJ fell in the anglosphere but it comes down to the site being sold off multiple times, failed banwaves, a new Russian language ToS that prohibited gay content, and the rise of Tumblr. The last reason is perhaps the most important one as Tumblr served the same role LiveJournal did for years.
Yeah, those articles are pretty much correct. There was a mass exodus around 2007 that kind of split up the English-speaking userbase. A Russian company bought the site later that year.

Many ex-LJ users went off to similar blogging sites like Deadjournal or Dreamwidth, but eventually Tumblr ended up filling the void that LJ left as a fandom hub. I’m actually convinced that LiveJournal’s downfall is the reason Tumblr is a toxic pit of social justice sludge; The structure of Tumblr just doesn’t allow for containment like LJ did.

Chichan

Get boned.
kiwifarms.net
Probably not if you want to find cows your best bet is finding people within fandoms because only people with autism would be so attached to something they have to make it their fuckin personality. I'm talking about you Supernatural and Harry Potter fans.Twitter,Tumblr🤮 and Mastadon as well now because twitter doesn't censor people enough apparently. Or learn how to speak Russian its up to you.

Dirty Mug

Unwashed mass
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, those articles are pretty much correct. There was a mass exodus around 2007 that kind of split up the English-speaking userbase. A Russian company bought the site later that year.
That was Strikethrough, right?
Never forget, Aja Romano / bookshop's attempt to burn her LJ tshirt:

Lucille Bluth

kiwifarms.net
The only one I can think of is Oh No They Didn’t. I remembered users patting themselves on the back claiming that they’re “better” and “nothing like” tumblr but they’re both equally self righteous/virtue signalling and left leaning.

Im very surprised that there isn’t a thread dedicated to them on here (I think).

Frozen Fishsticks

kiwifarms.net
I was going to say George Martin maintains a blog on livejournal, but he finally left over a year ago.

Livejournal is where I first learned about Otherkin and Darkblade the Dragon.

• Feels
Reactions: Dad
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino