Monster Hunter Rise Announced for Nintendo Switch - Alongside Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Sundae

Weird-Ass Puppet Dog
kiwifarms.net
Sweet, the Switch is getting a new Monster Hunter title:

-----------

Update: As predicted earlier today, Monster Hunter Rise has now been officially confirmed for Nintendo Switch. It launches on 26th March.

The game has been described as "a brand new take on the Monster Hunter experience". Players will need to team up and save Kamura village from the impending 'Rampage', harnessing the new Wirebug hunting tool and enlisting the help of Palicoes, and Palamutes, along the way. Here's some PR:

This latest entry in the action-RPG series finds players battling fearsome monsters and reaching new heights. Prepare to be transported to the colorful Kamura Village, a new serene mountain locale where players will experience unique culture and innovative hunting technologies. Using a special insect called a Wirebug, hunters will be able to grapple themselves in any direction, making it possible to scale towering cliffs and structures. All combat areas within each quest are seamlessly connected, allowing for exploration of the vast and vertical landscapes with no loading times. MONSTER HUNTER RISE launches for Nintendo Switch on March 26, 2021.
Additionally, a Deluxe Edition will also be available, which offers the full game and bonus DLC. Pre-ordering the base or Deluxe version will unlock bonus in-game items like layered armor and more. Players will be able to get even more in-game extras with Monster Hunter amiibo accessories.
Three new amiibo have been confirmed for Monster Hunter Rise – Palamute, Magnamalo, and Palico –which unlock different special layered armours set in-game, and we're also getting a Collector's Edition.

product_amiibo_img01_sp.png

Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin was also revealed and will be available summer 2021.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
wall-running doggo mounts seem like trailer fluff, not sure how that will work in a real mission. If it cuts down on chase time to another room, I guess I support it.

Acrid Alchemist

Drinker of mysterious brews
kiwifarms.net
wall-running doggo mounts seem like trailer fluff, not sure how that will work in a real mission. If it cuts down on chase time to another room, I guess I support it.
My assumption is that there will be still be the vine covered walls like the other games and the dog will climb them like the Raider Ride in World. I doubt your partners will be able to follow you on your grapple hook adventures and will just dig up out of the ground or spawn from around an unseen corner once the action starts.

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
The Monster Hunter Rise demo is officially live. We get 30 chances to fight either the Great Izuchi or Mizutsune and there's both local and online multiplayer. Gajin Hunter usually gets a good analysis of how each weapons plays, so I'll filter in the weapon tutorials as he puts them out for those interested. This is available until February 1, so we got less then a month to fuck around with it

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
Some more weapon impressions for those interested

The hunting horn is actually fun now, absolutely based.
Nonsense, doot squad has always been based. I am having some difficulty though breaking the habit of NOT comboing into an encore with a forward slam or backwards slam at the end of the recital. Great source of damage when you were going for the head and the backwards slam had amazing reach

Love_Machine011

We go for the eyes. Then the tongue. Then the hand
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Some more weapon impressions for those interested

Nonsense, doot squad has always been based. I am having some difficulty though breaking the habit of NOT comboing into an encore with a forward slam or backwards slam at the end of the recital. Great source of damage when you were going for the head and the backwards slam had amazing reach
Sorry horn bro, GS chad will only now recognize you.

Pixy

Yo, buddy. Still alive
kiwifarms.net
The era of free DLC for MH games is over, it seems. That aside, the recent Nintendo gigaleaks and leaks from Capcom have suggested that this is just a timed exclusive for the Switch, and other platforms will receive the title within a year or two.

I personally can't see why people are whining over the fact it's a Switch exclusive (for now). It was inevitable that the Switch was going to get its own dedicated MH game, rather than forcing players to settle with just a port of a game that was designed for the much lesser 3DS hardware.

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
Sorry horn bro, GS chad will only now recognize you.
I'll allow this if only because GS was my first main and they are indeed chads.

The era of free DLC for MH games is over, it seems. That aside, the recent Nintendo gigaleaks and leaks from Capcom have suggested that this is just a timed exclusive for the Switch, and other platforms will receive the title within a year or two.

I personally can't see why people are whining over the fact it's a Switch exclusive (for now). It was inevitable that the Switch was going to get its own dedicated MH game, rather than forcing players to settle with just a port of a game that was designed for the much lesser 3DS hardware.
It's simple really, no one likes exclusives and they all want the new hotness. I figure most of the people complaining are old fans who just want to play the new monhun. Besides everything else got World, the Switch needs one that won't make it burst into flames trying to run

Lodoss Warrior

Holding up the Torch for Lodoss
kiwifarms.net
So, we're about two days from Rise's release.

Apparently the Japs are such fanboys companies are giving workers the entire day off on the 26th to binge the fuck out of Rise!

Honestly, I can kind of get it.

gaystoner

fucked up queer
kiwifarms.net
So, we're about two days from Rise's release.

Apparently the Japs are such fanboys companies are giving workers the entire day off on the 26th to binge the fuck out of Rise!

Honestly, I can kind of get it.
Japan does 6/6/9 Work weeks and Nintendo is a huge part of the market economy on top Handhelds being huge in the major metro areas. Monster Hunter is also one of the biggest series sold there so I can imagine its a big Holiday for most of them.

Lodoss Warrior

kiwifarms.net
Japan does 6/6/9 Work weeks and Nintendo is a huge part of the market economy on top Handhelds being huge in the major metro areas. Monster Hunter is also one of the biggest series sold there so I can imagine its a big Holiday for most of them.
Thankfully I don't work tomorrow, so I don't have to get on anyone's good graces to enjoy the release.

Might wait a bit though: I've been hearing nothing but genuine praise, but Cyberpunk 2077 should teach everyone to watch out for broken on day 1 games.

Celestial Being

I came here to laugh at you.
kiwifarms.net
Ive heard it is only 15 hours long. I haunt really played any of these games so I don't know how long that is compared to something like World.

Lodoss Warrior

kiwifarms.net
Ive heard it is only 15 hours long. I haunt really played any of these games so I don't know how long that is compared to something like World.
Determining game length for MH games is pretty difficult. If you think length is, "how long it takes to complete the story mode," then technically most are fairly easy to speedrun.
All you need to do is finish key quests, kill the big bad monster, and be done with it. Village quests are also scaled for single player, so most monsters die to competent players in about 10-15 minutes.

What matters is monster diversity, builds, and the online factor.

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net
That's a bit a short for a Monhun game if we're talking a casual playthrough, but an experienced player could run through the mainstory very quickly if you just A-B everything.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
That's a bit a short for a Monhun game if we're talking a casual playthrough, but an experienced player could run through the mainstory very quickly if you just A-B everything.
To put it in perspective if, you're carried by a full party in endgame gear through world and iceborne you can do it in about 15-20 hours. If you want to 100% both world and iceborne the thing you'll spend the most time on is collecting endemic life and getting the crown sized monsters and that will take you like 2 weeks in total even going at a very fast pace.

Celestial Being

I came here to laugh at you.
kiwifarms.net
Im so bad at this game. I spent like an hour killing the big badger thing after I got done learning how to ride the monsters. Wife says that her biggest complaint with world was that everything took so long to kill so maybe when she gets to play with me it wont take as long? I assume with weapons that arent the starters that I will have an easier time.

It was really fun though, I used the sword and shield but I may switch to the great sword. I tried lance and just didnt like how slow I was.