Monster Hunter Rise Announced for Nintendo Switch - Alongside Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Auk Autist

Birbs create the big Happy
kiwifarms.net
I felt insulted when I first began rise and the long sword is the default weapon they hand you.
I picked up SnS for the first time out of indignation and its actually incredibly fun, might decide to main it alongside Hammer. I'm in the middle of getting the best weapons and meta armor for each wep, and autism-grinding Narwa for charm mats, then feeding myself to arena Rajang to cook said charms.

At least I got a perfect catto out of the grind, Gatherer type with Power Drum / Go, Fight, Win! / Shock Purr-ison. Hes a cutie.

Focken Kiwi

Nico nico nii bitches!
kiwifarms.net
I picked up SnS for the first time out of indignation and its actually incredibly fun, might decide to main it alongside Hammer. I'm in the middle of getting the best weapons and meta armor for each wep, and autism-grinding Narwa for charm mats, then feeding myself to arena Rajang to cook said charms.

At least I got a perfect catto out of the grind, Gatherer type with Power Drum / Go, Fight, Win! / Shock Purr-ison. Hes a cutie.
If you ever need a break from Narwa, 7☆ Rampages are a great source of melding points. Get any interesting talismans so far?

I've gotten resuscitate +2 with 2 (1-Slot) decoration slots. I kinda want to make a Magnamalo hellfire cloak/elemental dual blade build with it. I'd have enough decoration slots to fit in 5+ elemental damage and say 2+ constitution and marathon runner?

Hellfire Cloak + Resuscitate fascinates me.

Edit: Well shit. I was going to see if I could save scum for talismans using an old method from an older Monster Hunter game on the chance it would work. I dumped a bunch of materials that I don't want to farm later but the batch of 50 talismans I acquired had some real gems!

Talisman 1:
Earplugs Level-2
Wide-Range Level-1
1 (2-Slot)
1 (1-Slot)

Talisman 2:
Fire Attack Level-2
Evade Extender Level-2
2 (2-Slot)

You might be pissed at this one.
Talisman 3:
Weakness Exploit Level-2
2 (1-Slot)

Last edited:

Richard Mongler

i'll suck your dick
kiwifarms.net

I've avoided SnS in every title I've ever played because it seems so fucking bland, but I'm actually sort of interested in it with Rise.

May give it a try since I'm having trouble deciding what I want to main right now. All the weapons are pretty fun.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Is it just me or is the kinesect way more fiddly than it was in World? Doesn’t seem to be able to move in any direction but along the ground even if I aim upwards and send it towards something’s head. Am I just using the wrong type? Haven’t tried the powder ones that the World kinesects got turned into yet.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Is it just me or is the kinesect way more fiddly than it was in World? Doesn’t seem to be able to move in any direction but along the ground even if I aim upwards and send it towards something’s head. Am I just using the wrong type? Haven’t tried the powder ones that the World kinesects got turned into yet.
Everything is more fiddly not just the Kinesect. You have to use the wire bug for a lot of air moves now.

Also when upgrading weapons make sure the right rampage skill transfers over, the final upgraded form of a weapon won't nesscierily have the best version of each skill. To transfer skills make sure the weapon has the skill equipped before you upgrade it.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I like that the monster glows blue now when it's ready for capture. Makes it real easy to throw two tranq bombs and drop a trap when everyone is wailing on it.

Pulpanator

Snake Girl Aficionado
kiwifarms.net
I hate it when i play with randoms and they capture without telling anyone. Especially when im trying to farm craving only parts.

Nobody captured in world, now i cant play with randoms without ching chong man capturing the second the monster is able to be caught.

Disc

I want my cringe New Years Announcement, dammit.
kiwifarms.net
They nerfed capture from world, so ironically now it's not always the best strategy. You get two items instead of three for it now, for example.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I hate it when i play with randoms and they capture without telling anyone. Especially when im trying to farm craving only parts.
No, I WILL save all the animals

Besides I'm not all that sure about the carve only rates being accurate. I did not cut off a basarios tail yet I got 3 in the rewards, it's like 90% carve chance on low rank and 70% chance on on high. However I captured it and got multiple tails.

I didn't realize that Hr is capped at 7 here I'm fucking with all the quests trying to unlock it so I can raise my HR beyond that. Also apparently there are no rewards for collecting all the crowns in the next update,

Disc

kiwifarms.net

Besides I'm not all that sure about the carve only rates being accurate. I did not cut off a basarios tail yet I got 3 in the rewards, it's like 90% carve chance on low rank and 70% chance on on high. However I captured it and got multiple tails.

I didn't realize that Hr is capped at 7 here I'm fucking with all the quests trying to unlock it so I can raise my HR beyond that. Also apparently there are no rewards for collecting all the crowns in the next update,
Are you the type of person who thinks they've broken reality when they flip a coin with heads five times in a row?

All carve percentages only reflect the specific part. It's only got those percentages when you're carving the tail specifically. As for getting three in the rewards, the standard rewards you get no matter what have a 7% chance of including tails, and capturing them has a chance to give it in the capture rewards too.

I got two plates and a gem from a zinogre, all in the target rewards. Did I think that was because the numbers are off? No, it's because random shit just happens sometimes. I was far more annoyed that I didn't get any fucking claws from that bejeweled bastard - that's all I wanted.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Are you the type of person who thinks they've broken reality when they flip a coin with heads five times in a row?

All carve percentages only reflect the specific part. It's only got those percentages when you're carving the tail specifically. As for getting three in the rewards, the standard rewards you get no matter what have a 7% chance of including tails, and capturing them has a chance to give it in the capture rewards too.

I got two plates and a gem from a zinogre, all in the target rewards. Did I think that was because the numbers are off? No, it's because random shit just happens sometimes. I was far more annoyed that I didn't get any fucking claws from that bejeweled bastard - that's all I wanted.
You have to break parts for claws, break all 4 of his legs.

The RNG for the game may be random but it gets kind of fucked, like it's not normal RNG it's RNG with holes in it. The kind of RNG where if you leave the game on long enough it stops working properly.

Disc

kiwifarms.net
You have to break parts for claws, break all 4 of his legs.

The RNG for the game may be random but it gets kind of fucked, like it's not normal RNG it's RNG with holes in it. The kind of RNG where if you leave the game on long enough it stops working properly.
Yes, I know how to get them, either by carving or as a reward for breaking both forelegs. But it's not a guarantee, and while I got lucky on the rarer bits, I missed out on the claws I actually needed.

As for your comments on the RNG...

So, I'm guessing you have periods of good luck, bad luck, or just unusual luck in general, and you're attributing that to systems having some kind of degradation over the course of the game, in a series that has relied on RNG for dozens of games and counting, as opposed to attributing it to... luck.

1618540000721.png

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
So, I'm guessing you have periods of good luck, bad luck, or just unusual luck in general, and you're attributing that to systems having some kind of degradation over the course of the game, in a series that has relied on RNG for dozens of games and counting, as opposed to attributing it to... luck.
Look if people didn't attribute some form of arcane mysticism to Monster Hunter's RNG, the desire sensor wouldn't be a thing.

Focken Kiwi

Nico nico nii bitches!
kiwifarms.net

The drop rates look right to me. Cutting the tail is no longer necessary to getting them. When you're scrolling through the monster list in the hunter notes, do you press 'A' to scroll through each material and look at the more detailed window that appears on the left?

Low Rank Basarios

Body carve rates:
Basarios Shell (x1) 40%
Basarios Pleura (x1) 27%
Poison Sac (x1) 21%
Machalite Ore (x1) 12%

Tail carve rates:
Basarios Tail (x1) 80%
Basarios Shell (x1) 13%
Machalite Ore (x2) 7%

Target (kill) reward rates:
Basarios Pleura (x1) 27%
Basarios Wing (x1) 20%
Basarios Shell (x1) 16%
Poison Sac (x1) 12%
Machalite Ore (x2) 10%
Flame Sac (x1) 8%
Basarios Tail (x1) 7%

Capture reward rates:
Basarios Wing (x1) 34%
Basarios Shell (x2) 24%
Poison Sac (x1) 16%
Flame Sac (x1) 14%
Basarios Tail (x1) 12%

Dropped material rates (wyvern riding heavy attacks):
Basarios Shell (x1) 40%
Machalite Ore (x1) 40%
Basarios Pleura (x1) 20%

Dropped material rates (non wyvern riding related drops):
Wyvern Tear (x1) 50%
Machalite Ore (x1) 35%
Basarios Shell (x1) 15%

Broken Part Rewards
Head:
Basarios Shell (x1) 80%
Flame Sac (x1) 20%

Back:
Basarios Wing (x1) 40%
Machalite Ore (x2) 35%
Basarios Shell (x1) 25%

Chest:
Basarios Pleura (x1) 55%
Machalite Ore (x1) 25%
Poison Sac (x1) 20%

It took a little bit of time to sort that information out like that but there are certainly big enough differences between the capturing and carving tables.

God I have the cheesiest build now. I didn't imagine I'd find myself enjoying Light Bow Gun as much as I have:
Night Owl
Rhenoplos Helm S
Shell-Studded Vest S
Rathalos Braces S
Nargacuga Coil S
Golden Hakama
Demon Petalace III
Fatal Tempest Talisman (Weakness Exploit Level 2 and two small decoration slots)

Attack Boost
▰▰▰▰▱▱▱
Pierce Up
▰▰▰
Evade Extender
▰▰▰
Flinch Free
▰▰▰
Critical Boost
▰▰▱
Weakness Exploit
▰▰▱
Reload Speed
▰▰▱
Recoil Down
▰▰▱
Critical Eye
▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱
Latent Power
▰▱▱▱▱
Normal/Rapid Up
▰▱▱
Stun Resistance
▰▱▱

Richard Mongler

i'll suck your dick
kiwifarms.net
The drop rates look right to me. Cutting the tail is no longer necessary to getting them. When you're scrolling through the monster list in the hunter notes, do you press 'A' to scroll through each material and look at the more detailed window that appears on the left?

Low Rank Basarios

Body carve rates:
Basarios Shell (x1) 40%
Basarios Pleura (x1) 27%
Poison Sac (x1) 21%
Machalite Ore (x1) 12%

Tail carve rates:
Basarios Tail (x1) 80%
Basarios Shell (x1) 13%
Machalite Ore (x2) 7%

Target (kill) reward rates:
Basarios Pleura (x1) 27%
Basarios Wing (x1) 20%
Basarios Shell (x1) 16%
Poison Sac (x1) 12%
Machalite Ore (x2) 10%
Flame Sac (x1) 8%
Basarios Tail (x1) 7%

Capture reward rates:
Basarios Wing (x1) 34%
Basarios Shell (x2) 24%
Poison Sac (x1) 16%
Flame Sac (x1) 14%
Basarios Tail (x1) 12%

Dropped material rates (wyvern riding heavy attacks):
Basarios Shell (x1) 40%
Machalite Ore (x1) 40%
Basarios Pleura (x1) 20%

Dropped material rates (non wyvern riding related drops):
Wyvern Tear (x1) 50%
Machalite Ore (x1) 35%
Basarios Shell (x1) 15%

Broken Part Rewards
Head:
Basarios Shell (x1) 80%
Flame Sac (x1) 20%

Back:
Basarios Wing (x1) 40%
Machalite Ore (x2) 35%
Basarios Shell (x1) 25%

Chest:
Basarios Pleura (x1) 55%
Machalite Ore (x1) 25%
Poison Sac (x1) 20%

It took a little bit of time to sort that information out like that but there are certainly big enough differences between the capturing and carving tables.

God I have the cheesiest build now. I didn't imagine I'd find myself enjoying Light Bow Gun as much as I have:
Night Owl
Rhenoplos Helm S
Shell-Studded Vest S
Rathalos Braces S
Nargacuga Coil S
Golden Hakama
Demon Petalace III
Fatal Tempest Talisman (Weakness Exploit Level 2 and two small decoration slots)

Attack Boost
▰▰▰▰▱▱▱
Pierce Up
▰▰▰
Evade Extender
▰▰▰
Flinch Free
▰▰▰
Critical Boost
▰▰▱
Weakness Exploit
▰▰▱
Reload Speed
▰▰▱
Recoil Down
▰▰▱
Critical Eye
▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱
Latent Power
▰▱▱▱▱
Normal/Rapid Up
▰▱▱
Stun Resistance
▰▱▱
That looks pretty fun man, I'm gonna go make that and test it out, see if I enjoy ranged this time around

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
>Get message that your switch has been banned from Nintendo Network due to inappropriate name
>call up customer service hotline, ask what happened
>they tell you that you named your cat Grape and that's bad because it had the word "Rape" in it
>explain to them that it's purple just like Grapes
>they don't care your switch is still banned online forever and you still lose your money for the Nintendo online subscription
>can no longer play online but have nothing else to do in game but collect Awards anyways

Wow holy shit, what fucking useless customer service. They didn't even take offense that my main character is a black guy named Statutory.

Str8Bustah

The nose knows
kiwifarms.net
SnS feels great in Rise. Quite literally the thinking man's weapon;

> has a million combo variants that can all chain into each other seamlessly
> you can make builds for it based off every single combat skill in the game that isn't locked to ranged weapons, even stun
> lack of range and low damage per hit means unlike LS you have to pay attention to everything the monster does to hunt it effectively
> less speed and mobility tools than DS means you can't just zip around the arena forever trying to do Levi's SnK spin attack and have to actually pay attention to your wirebug gauge, especially if you use the shield drop

I picked it up about a week ago and haven't looked back since. Can't wait for Chameleos to drop later this month so I can get all my tail carves stolen hahaha

Geralt of Rivia

Silver for monsters, Steel for humans.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This game felt extremely easier in comparison to World. I felt like you really needed to communicate more with other players to make it through some hunts in the previous game. But with this one, I didn't need to talk at all with anyone to get through all of the Hub quests.

Sort of disappointing, but I'm hoping the extra content will help change some of that.