Monster Hunter Rise Announced for Nintendo Switch - Alongside Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin

Str8Bustah

The nose knows
kiwifarms.net
This game felt extremely easier in comparison to World. I felt like you really needed to communicate more with other players to make it through some hunts in the previous game. But with this one, I didn't need to talk at all with anyone to get through all of the Hub quests.

Sort of disappointing, but I'm hoping the extra content will help change some of that.
Yeah, the base game is undeniably easier than any of the monhun games so far. Only a handful of monsters have actually been tough, namely Rathalos, Almudron, Magnamalo and Mizutsune. The movement options that the player has available make a lot of fights that would have previously been extremely frustrating way easier to deal with, and the ability for everything to instantly reposition without much effort while feeling great, also means that you're more likely to both learn how to use the movement tools as well as how the timings work simply because they feel good to use and you want to maximise your time spent doing cool shit.

The game doesn't have much monster hunter jank left in it, so it's missing a lot of the challenge that the old games had a result.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
This game felt extremely easier in comparison to World. I felt like you really needed to communicate more with other players to make it through some hunts in the previous game. But with this one, I didn't need to talk at all with anyone to get through all of the Hub quests.

Sort of disappointing, but I'm hoping the extra content will help change some of that.
It's also really short, you can reach HR 7 within a day and this even takes into account grinding for materials.

It took way more time to reach the end of World even with the new and Improved Starter Armor Set. There's no crown hunting needed though and that was a big chunk of Finishing off World and Iceborne's guild cards.

I'm not really sold on the rampage mode, that part just feels very imprecise.

Geralt of Rivia

Silver for monsters, Steel for humans.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's also really short, you can reach HR 7 within a day and this even takes into account grinding for materials.

It took way more time to reach the end of World even with the new and Improved Starter Armor Set. There's no crown hunting needed though and that was a big chunk of Finishing off World and Iceborne's guild cards.

I'm not really sold on the rampage mode, that part just feels very imprecise.
Rampage was boring as fuck. I had zero incentive to play that mode, it just feels like something experimental that got put as a required obstacle for a few quests.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Rampage was boring as fuck. I had zero incentive to play that mode, it just feels like something experimental that got put as a required obstacle for a few quests.
Also using A to both change installation types and to sit in them was a bad choice. Holding A even for a little bit makes the installation change even when you're trying to sit in it and use it.

The individual damage is cranked up high because each attack does like 300 damage but getting in close means you get swarmed and the bosses have one hit kills. It's always better to use the gun installations than your own weapons.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
SnS feels great in Rise. Quite literally the thinking man's weapon;

> has a million combo variants that can all chain into each other seamlessly
> you can make builds for it based off every single combat skill in the game that isn't locked to ranged weapons, even stun
> lack of range and low damage per hit means unlike LS you have to pay attention to everything the monster does to hunt it effectively
> less speed and mobility tools than DS means you can't just zip around the arena forever trying to do Levi's SnK spin attack and have to actually pay attention to your wirebug gauge, especially if you use the shield drop

I picked it up about a week ago and haven't looked back since. Can't wait for Chameleos to drop later this month so I can get all my tail carves stolen hahaha
How do you feel about sns’s switch skills, particularly the first set? I’m assuming those are based in personal preference, bash vs drill will be down to if you’re going for raw/KO or status/elemental, and the dragon punch or the windmill would come down to the same thing.

Focken Kiwi

Nico nico nii bitches!
kiwifarms.net
>Get message that your switch has been banned from Nintendo Network due to inappropriate name
>call up customer service hotline, ask what happened
>they tell you that you named your cat Grape and that's bad because it had the word "Rape" in it
>explain to them that it's purple just like Grapes
>they don't care your switch is still banned online forever and you still lose your money for the Nintendo online subscription
>can no longer play online but have nothing else to do in game but collect Awards anyways

Wow holy shit, what fucking useless customer service. They didn't even take offense that my main character is a black guy named Statutory.

I'm really hoping we get to see some of those apex monsters outside of rampage quests. I'd also love a fight where you take on Ibushi and Narwa at the same time. Maybe they could even have attacks and strategies they only activate when together considering they're a pair.

RhoasJonas

Dying slowly.
kiwifarms.net

I'm really hoping we get to see some of those apex monsters outside of rampage quests. I'd also love a fight where you take on Ibushi and Narwa at the same time. Maybe they could even have attacks and strategies they only activate when together considering they're a pair.
Apexes are just recoloured Deviants, there are no Apexes from the datamine that are also not Deviants from G/GU. Apex Rathalos will have Dreadkings Nova Bombs, Apex Diabolos will just be Bloodbath. I wouldn't even expect non-Rampage Apex fights oustide of G Rank, but when it happens it will be blatantly obvious that they are just Deviants.

Focken Kiwi

Nico nico nii bitches!
kiwifarms.net
Apexes are just recoloured Deviants, there are no Apexes from the datamine that are also not Deviants from G/GU. Apex Rathalos will have Dreadkings Nova Bombs, Apex Diabolos will just be Bloodbath. I wouldn't even expect non-Rampage Apex fights oustide of G Rank, but when it happens it will be blatantly obvious that they are just Deviants.
Doesn't matter, bring them on. I do have MHGU but I haven't played it beyond low rank village so I have no experience with deviants. I guess I was just burnt out by MH4U and never could get into Generations.

Str8Bustah

The nose knows
kiwifarms.net
How do you feel about sns’s switch skills, particularly the first set? I’m assuming those are based in personal preference, bash vs drill will be down to if you’re going for raw/KO or status/elemental, and the dragon punch or the windmill would come down to the same thing.
This is why I line SnS so much. It feels like the only weapon in the game where every piece of kit you have available is worth using instead of one skill being vastly superior to anything else.

Richard Mongler

i'll suck your dick
kiwifarms.net

The only switch skill I personally feel is straight bad is the sliding slash. I'm still using the drill over the bash even though I'm running raw affinity, and the dragon punch is just 🤌

Honored guest

kiwifarms.net
>Get message that your switch has been banned from Nintendo Network due to inappropriate name
>call up customer service hotline, ask what happened
>they tell you that you named your cat Grape and that's bad because it had the word "Rape" in it
>explain to them that it's purple just like Grapes
>they don't care your switch is still banned online forever and you still lose your money for the Nintendo online subscription
>can no longer play online but have nothing else to do in game but collect Awards anyways

Wow holy shit, what fucking useless customer service. They didn't even take offense that my main character is a black guy named Statutory.
Wew, so is there an auto ban list of words or does someone have to report you and have a janny ban you? Also its insane that your whole console can get banned for 1 offence holy crap.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Wew, so is there an auto ban list of words or does someone have to report you and have a janny ban you? Also its insane that your whole console can get banned for 1 offence holy crap.
There's an ever expanding list of forbidden words.

So the RNG to the game is bugged.

They brought back the 3U method of RNG and it's not working and people are getting stuck in the garbage zone.

Str8Bustah

The nose knows
kiwifarms.net
There's an ever expanding list of forbidden words.

So the RNG to the game is bugged.

They brought back the 3U method of RNG and it's not working and people are getting stuck in the garbage zone.
I named my main character nigger but with funny letters and no-one seems to have given a shit about it. I have no idea what ninty is thinking.

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
How’s the longsword this time? I always feel the urge to unleash my inner weeb, but my inner contrarian also doesn’t like using the most popular weapon.

Str8Bustah

The nose knows
kiwifarms.net
What about insect glaive? I know that I said I was having issues controlling the kinesect earlier but switching to the assist type made that a non-issue, and the alternate silkbind looks awesome.
I haven't tried out IG yet, it looks fun though. I'm currently gravitating back to DS as even though I like how SNS plays in Rise, I can't live without the ultra-mobility and complete positional control you get from playing DS, even if I have a shield to mitigate damage. After all, why build defensively when you can just not get hit?

Takayuki Yagami

kiwifarms.net
I haven't tried out IG yet, it looks fun though. I'm currently gravitating back to DS as even though I like how SNS plays in Rise, I can't live without the ultra-mobility and complete positional control you get from playing DS, even if I have a shield to mitigate damage. After all, why build defensively when you can just not get hit?
I think something like that is why I played Charge Blade and IG in World for so long. The innate mind’s eye of CB and the extract buffs of IG give you more space in builds.