Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Fatalis?

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

ATM

㊙️
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anybody huntin' in a couple of days? Thoughts on the betas? Got plans on what weapon(s) you plan to roll with?
We can try to start a squad for kiwis if there's any interest, there's a clan system available for up to 50 players this time around.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm planning on picking up the game pretty soon for the PS4. Not sure what weapon I'm going to use. I guess whatever's not super popular. Because hey, I like promoting diversity in weapons.

Johnny Bravo

Bravokin
kiwifarms.net
Waiting on the PC release since I don't have, or want, a console.

Tied between insect glaive and hammer. insect glaive since they're taking it in a really interesting direction. Hammer is the classic punisher because everyone loves having a hammer bro around.
Same. Not sure what weapon I'd like to use. I've only played Generations and I tried out a lot of different weapons, although I remember liking the switch axe.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Played a few hours of the game today.

Initially, I was a bit skeptical of the new scoutflies system as opposed to using paintballs like in the previous games. But tracking monsters via their footprints and stuff they leave behind in order to strengthen the scoutflies' ability to find them is actually kind of a neat substitute and meshes well with how you no longer need to go through loading screens between each area anymore.

The ability to start the quest from anywhere in the hub is a godsend. And being able to send an sos signal to have other players come in to help is a great addition. And I can see great potential for traps and ambushes thanks to being able to hide in plants and using camo.

So far, the only thing I'm kinda iffy about it the outright removal of the blademaster/gunner armor split. Armor is universal now and you get a boost in either physical or elemental defense depending on what weapon you have on you. I have no idea why they would make such a change, but I guess that's something I'll have to live with.

Still, all the stuff that has been added is pretty damn awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: ATM

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not even Monster Hunter is safe from this bullshit political climate we're in.

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
I thought I was having fun with World but then I remembered to check my privilege:

View attachment 368123

View attachment 368124
For games with no fucking story, they sure managed to figure out an angle to shove politics in. I don't know about the new kids one, but the extent of the previous game's storylines have been working your way up to killing some legendary beast threatening a village of 20's ecosystem(fish supply on the Wii?) or killing just to make room for humans in a world that humans might have lost in the first place(one of PSP games had a few Great Wall of China fort levels with shit endangering it & what looked like a wrecked skyscraper or super tower?). All mission text was shit, the game tells a tale through gameplay and rarely cinematics. These game bloggers are atrocious, it's team action for jap salarymen on the train commute, not fucking "subjugate all brown people" propaganda.

LazloChalos

Shitty photoshopper
kiwifarms.net
I thought I was having fun with World but then I remembered to check my privilege:

View attachment 368123

View attachment 368124
Well, this convinced me to buy it, I remember hating mh2f when a friend let me play it for a bit. I kept playing it sporadically and by the second day I had bought my own copy, by the end of the month my left hand had become a misshapen claw.

Gonna wait to see when the release for Pc is, though mighty tempted to get it on ps4.

Greatsword or Hammer.

Spellskite

kiwifarms.net
For games with no fucking story, they sure managed to figure out an angle to shove politics in. I don't know about the new kids one, but the extent of the previous game's storylines have been working your way up to killing some legendary beast threatening a village of 20's ecosystem(fish supply on the Wii?) or killing just to make room for humans in a world that humans might have lost in the first place(one of PSP games had a few Great Wall of China fort levels with shit endangering it & what looked like a wrecked skyscraper or super tower?). All mission text was shit, the game tells a tale through gameplay and rarely cinematics. These game bloggers are atrocious, it's team action for jap salarymen on the train commute, not fucking "subjugate all brown people" propaganda.
I mainly found it amusing that he was ranting about "the West" when the game is made by a Japanese team. But Austin was never one for logic; thank goodness he's gone from Giant Bomb.

Well, this convinced me to buy it, I remember hating mh2f when a friend let me play it for a bit. I kept playing it sporadically and by the second day I had bought my own copy, by the end of the month my left hand had become a misshapen claw.

Gonna wait to see when the release for Pc is, though mighty tempted to get it on ps4.

Greatsword or Hammer.
I'm enjoying it on PS4 quite a bit, but I would say some issues with framerate dropping would definitely make the PC release worth waiting for. The only draws I would say for the PS4 version are that you can play it right now while its fresh, and there are some cool cosmetic things like having your Palico be armored up like a thing from Horizon. I didn't even play that game but having a robo-cat is awesome.

monster_hunter_world_aloy.png

Also hammers seem really, really great in this game. So far I've used those and Dual Blades, and its just a hoot. Haven't had much experience with the GS yet but I've heard the tackle is a nice buff. Regardless of when you get it, hope you have fun.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The game has amazing attention to detail.

If your character is wearing a helmet that covers their face, they actually take it off when they're eating at the canteen.

I'm also really enjoying how many new monsters there are. As great as 4U was, compared to the third generation, it was sorta lacking in new monsters and was mostly comprised of monsters from the first two generations.

Seeing the creators flex their creative muscles for this release is really nice to see. Sure, a lot of the new monsters share the same models with a lot of the older monsters, but that's kinda always been a thing with this series and I honestly don't mind that too much. So far, my favorite new monsters are Anjanath and Odogaron.

Speaking of older monsters, Rathian and Rathalos look amazing. Especially now they're been updated so their movements look a lot more natural.

I went into this game with some skepticism. But it's honestly kinda hard to find complaints about this game. It really does feel like Monster Hunter for the modern age.

Last edited:

c-no

Duck
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not even Monster Hunter is safe from this bullshit political climate we're in.
Much as Monster Hunter is hunting animals, it's not colonialist so much as awesome. After all, you get to take some fuck huge sword to kill a t-rex or dragon like reptile that is fuck-huge. To say the game has some political or colonial subtext is eye-rolling and dumb.

Waiting for the PC release. Hopefully we aren’t actually waiting until Autumn.
Haven't played any Monster Hunter aside from the one Wii game (and I never got to play much due to a sibling "taking back the Wii".) but having it on PC is something I'd be willing to give shot.

KidKitty

Official Junior Shitposter
kiwifarms.net
Anybody huntin' in a couple of days? Thoughts on the betas? Got plans on what weapon(s) you plan to roll with?
We can try to start a squad for kiwis if there's any interest, there's a clan system available for up to 50 players this time around.
Sword and Shield, always. I'm particularly boring but hell if it hasn't gotten me through four games now. I'd love to make a Kiwi clan, I've just been waiting for @Jaimas ' copy to get to him.

Hey, I'd be grasping for straws at what to write an article about too if I got my ass handed to me by Great Jagras and ended up stonewalled from the broader game by my inability to actually learn and play. :story:

You're actually correct about Monster Hunter being an 'after the end' scenario. It's not ever really plainly stated, only hinted at; but all the ruins littering certain maps, the Sky Corridor, the Tower, and so forth and some flavor text for items and sets spell out the idea that many of the Wyverns, monsters, and bizarre ecosystems are engineering experiments gone out of control. The stories have always been just that - nature has been disturbed so you need to hunt down the case of it in the interest of protecting everybody: human and monster. So if you want to take any kind of message from the series at all, I suppose it would be to have respect for Nature or get bitten in the ass.

Jaimas

Turned a Haro Into a Fighting Machine
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have embraced the ways of my forebears and embraced easily the single-most-improved weapon this generation. While the rest of you are using silly normal oversized weapons I will be using something needlessly complicated, loud, and obnoxious.

Friday... Jaimas joined the hunt.

• Winner
Reactions: KidKitty
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino