• ”I am going to kill myself.”

Monster Hunter World

Discussion in 'Games' started by atm, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Oh, well in that case nevermind. Matter o' fact, you deserve a :semperfi: for using a gun instead of some weaboo sword.

At this point, I'm just experimenting, but according to the guild card I've used the charge blade and insect glaive the most, with the latter being slightly ahead. So I guess I'd be a glaive main. I'm about to check out either the lance or the gunlance. If I enjoy the experience, I might even become a gunlance main myself.

OhGoy

OhGoy brrrrrraaaaaaaaap

kiwifarms.net
  2. I highly recommend Lance. I stick with Gunlance solely because I've used it since the days it sucked ass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Jaimas

Jaimas Few Even Think To Ask...
    True & Honest Fan Wiki Sysop

kiwifarms.net
  3. Yes. I gave up on waiting for pc and it works fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Corypheus

Corypheus Totally not evil

kiwifarms.net
  4. Same.. the game looks fun.

Also having an adorable companion sells it for me.

AutistocLolCow

AutistocLolCow Maximum OverRustling

kiwifarms.net
  5. Is there any way to keep Rathian from continuously ambushing me while I'm fighting Ratholos? Every hunt I do for Ratholos, this bitch appears multiple times and forces me to run away so I don't get gang-banged. It's bad enough that every flying monster decides to fly away again and again, but I start to lose it when I have to take 10-20 minutes more to finish a hunt because of the endless ambushes.

OhGoy

OhGoy brrrrrraaaaaaaaap

kiwifarms.net
  6. Throw poop at her.

I'm not joking. Making a bunch of dung pods and fire them at her every time the dumb bitch shows up. She'll leave.

Jaimas

kiwifarms.net
  7. i'm frustrated that i didn't think of using the item with "causes certain monsters to flee," in the description to "cause the rathian to flee"

god fucking damnit

OhGoy

OhGoy brrrrrraaaaaaaaap

kiwifarms.net
  8. YEESSSSS, I FINALLY CRAFTED THE FULL BRIGADE SET

Even though I had to solo every arena quest multiple times, I still made it. But more importantly, I'll never have to come back to the arena AGAIN. FUCK YEAH! ... wait a minute... oh no.
    [​IMG]

fuck

• Feels Feels x 2
    OhGoy

OhGoy brrrrrraaaaaaaaap

kiwifarms.net
  9. At least you're not trying to farm Val Hazaak

Jaimas

kiwifarms.net
  10. I always throw a few in the Jhen Moran/Dahren Moran's mouth and it never fails to make me smile. It probably does nothing like petting Poogie but that's my ritual lol

kiwifarms.net
  11. Easiest elder dragon git gud scrub

Bones

Bones Never lost a fight to man nor fucking beast
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Even without maxing out "Effluvia Resistance," he doesn't dare compare to the travesties that are the "Radobaan + Uragaan" and "Black Diablos + Diablos" arena quests.

I'd imagine both of these quests are still nightmarish with two people. And yet, because my internet is shit, I have to do these solo if I want the Guild Cross set. If these quests get too annoying, I think I'll just settle for the Guild Cross Circlet beta. (it has "Divine Blessing" lvl. 2 and three decoration slots :stress:)

Monster Hunter: World is a great game, but god damn... there's some shit in here that really makes me want to rip my dick off.

OhGoy

OhGoy brrrrrraaaaaaaaap

kiwifarms.net
  13. Double Beetlejuice makes me wanna cry

• Feels Feels x 1
    Bones

Bones Never lost a fight to man nor fucking beast
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. It's fun. And addictive. But the game itself feels kinda rushed and a lot of stuff feels like it was tossed out half-baked.

Certain weapons are blatantly overpowered for their tier, Part HP scaling in multiplayer is busted as all hell and quality-of-life skills like Earplugs and Windproof got their costs cranked up too high.

There are a few technical snags and general frustrations, too. I've been glitched out of combos, got stuck in midair, ect. And the whole "Open World" thing usually has you getting gangbanged by multiple monsters so often that it feels frustrating instead of cool or immersive.

Hitboxes range from impressively tight like on Rathian or Odogaron to hair-pullingly busted like Diablos, Radobaan, and Deviljho.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Echo_Ender

Echo_Ender Doggo

kiwifarms.net
  15. The Vaal Hazak set effect was the greatest idea ever, and it allows me to be reckless.

Nova Prime

Nova Prime Narrow Minded writing, Overextended thinking

kiwifarms.net
  16. Does anyone besides me actually prefer when a monster interferes with your hunt? I tend to get pretty lucky and they end up hitting each other for a serious chunk of damage. It can suck sometimes when there's 3, but that's always been part of the challenge for me

kiwifarms.net
  17. hell no

...I mean, it was actually fine at first. I was fine with it up until around the halfway point of High Rank. Before that, it was entertaining when Bazelgeuse came out of nowhere and carpet bombed everything to oblivion. "Holy shit, where did he come from? This is ridiculous. He's fucking everything up," is what I would think when he appeared.

After a while, though, it starts to get tedious. Monsters who interrupted my fight were no longer a cool spectacle, but another obstacle. A lot of the time they wouldn't even fight the other monster and they'd attack me instead (FUCK YOU, RATHIAN AND RATHALOS). Thank god dung pods are a thing (and thank you, @Jaimas, for reminding me that they even existed :feels:).

OhGoy

OhGoy brrrrrraaaaaaaaap

kiwifarms.net
  18. Havent touched it gor a week, ned to get back to it.

Any word on additional monsters? I miss the original tigrex from mhf2 rather than the later versions, guvker never let up.

LazloChalos

LazloChalos "It rubs the autism on it's skin"

kiwifarms.net
  19. ...please don’t kill me for being so very late to this thread. I finally got it on PC a couple weeks ago and Jesus it’s consumed me. Currently farming for Xeno’jiiva armor because I can’t help but to farm each new monster until I can make its armor set. What are your favorite new and old monsters? I’m really hoping they bring back gore magala!

Skitty Pryde

Skitty Pryde You can just buy psychological validation.

kiwifarms.net
  20. Has to switch to Xboxone a few weeks back and had to start again from square one; not a problem, because hammer is God, but a second round brought something to my attention that was blinded by splendor the first time around; all of the forced tutorial shit and unskippable cutscenes. Having to go in an expedition to find a camp or waste time seeking mandatory tracks (elder dragons) in order to progress just feels like padding. In previous incarnations you were thrown into the world and that was it, better get to hunting. Tutorials shouldn't be mandatory in any game (I love how Vermintide does it as an optional prologue) and MHW first foray into it is just sad.

MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster Spring forward, fall back.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.