Campaign Ammo Moon Rocks -

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to think of ways to explain why the moon rock thing is bullshit in a way that ordinary people can understand. Maybe just say such a thing would require rockets that don't currently exist?
You would just phrase it like this:

"The world faces tough problems [show picture of putin and trump]
"Brianna Wu's worry? Space X dropping rocks from the Moon. [show tweets]
"Lets get down to Earth. We need common sense leadership. [show lynch]"

AngeloTheWizard

Bringer of amusing Let's Sperg threads
kiwifarms.net
You would just phrase it like this:

"The world faces tough problems [show picture of putin and trump]
"Brianna Wu's worry? Space X dropping rocks from the Moon. [show tweets]
"Lets get down to Earth. We need common sense leadership. [show lynch]"
Sounds great, roll with it.

Un Platano

big blatano xDDDD
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to think of ways to explain why the moon rock thing is bullshit in a way that ordinary people can understand. Maybe just say such a thing would require rockets that don't currently exist?
That's a bullshit way to discredit it though, because if we have rockets that can get there then we by definition would have rockets that can go the other way. You'd be better off just saying that when you drop something on the moon it falls down to the moon, even though that's only true sometimes.

Orbital mechanics are too complicated to give the proper explanation to the masses, so I think that entirely rules out something that shows the real reason why it wouldn't work. An animated diagram of something being "dropped" off the moon (ie footage of KSP) would be great if people were competent, but they aren't. So the only other way to discredit it is through handwavey bullshit as in above.

Reactions: Trombonista

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
Its not like 50 years from now maybe someone will build some kind of Catapult that they use in Gundam to launch ships but instead of ships it would be rocks. I imagine a facililty like that would cost a lot and would be more expensive than saying launching a rocket with a nuke or even a rock on a rocket.

• Agree
Reactions: DatBepisTho

Cuck Norris

dude weed lmao
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Its not like 50 years from now maybe someone will build some kind of Catapult that they use in Gundam to launch ships but instead of ships it would be rocks. I imagine a facililty like that would cost a lot and would be more expensive than saying launching a rocket with a nuke or even a rock on a rocket.
Well the the science is there but Wu is retarded because "literal tons of aerodynamic tungsten" is a far cry from "rocks from the surface of the moon".

女鬼

人就是鬼、鬼就是人。
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I concur that there's no need to go into actual scientific explanations of why the moon rock thing is impossible.
The sheer absurdity of it is an argument in and of itself. I trust most people won't need detailed explanations to see the ludicrousness.

It'd be more efficient to go with the "BriWu is more concerned with what happens on the Moon than she is about her own district. " etc.

MysteriousStranger

literally who
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Orbital mechanics are too complicated to give the proper explanation to the masses, so I think that entirely rules out something that shows the real reason why it wouldn't work.
You don't have to go into it in depth. Getting stuff onto and off of the moon is really complicated and expensive; firing a big-ass nuke from one part of earth to another is comparatively easy and cheap.