Campaign Ammo Moon Rocks -

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if anyone caught this, but on Wus recent podcast, he said "this is how the dinosaurs were destroyed"
Needless to say, they were destroyed by an asteroid that had far more kinetic energy than any rock from the Moon would have. It would take a long approach path to build up the momentum you'd need for an extinction event.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In fairness that's a pretty accurate description for a layman. There is no relative direction in space so someone saying the Moon is "above" them isn't off the mark. It's not like Wu's a (confirmed) Flat Earther.
Yeah, but put that statement next to her "rocks dropped from the moon" tweet and it's really apparent Wu doesn't know what she's talking about.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but put that statement next to her "rocks dropped from the moon" tweet and it's really apparent Wu doesn't know what she's talking about.
Well yeah that's obvious. But as others have said this isn't really decent ammunition against her. Plenty of politicians have glaring misunderstandings regarding this stuff.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Well yeah that's obvious. But as others have said this isn't really decent ammunition against her. Plenty of politicians have glaring misunderstandings regarding this stuff.
No it isn't. It's the funniest thing about the candidacy so far. Newt Gingrich never lived down once having said something goofy about the Moon. People still joke about it five years later. Wu is a lunatic so a connection to the Moon is perfect.

• Agree
Reactions: Ravelord and Jaimas

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
No it isn't. It's the funniest thing about the candidacy so far. Newt Gingrich never lived down once having said something goofy about the Moon. People still joke about it five years later. Wu is a lunatic so a connection to the Moon is perfect.
Goofy beliefs like this don't really hinder peoples' political careers. Mostly because these individuals often ruin themselves in other way. While Gingrich's moon colony line was silly it's not like that sunk his career. Likewise, Wu has a lot going both for her and against her, so some dumb line about Elon Musk dropping moon rocks on us is small potatoes.

Edit: for some reason I thought you were arguing against me.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if anyone caught this, but on Wus recent podcast, he said "this is how the dinosaurs were destroyed"

aka, Wu really thinks that Space X is going to dig up a 5 mile wide piece of moon rock and send it on fusion rockets to Earth.
"It's how we'll rule all the market!"