World More than 11,000 scientists from around the world declare a ‘climate emergency’ - Analysis outlines six major steps that ‘must’ be taken to address the situation

rocknrollmartian

kiwifarms.net
How many people do you know with 5 kids who have a PHD? A MA? a BA?
How many do you know with 5 kids who only have Some College, HS diploma, or a GED?
How many kids do drop outs have?"
Purely anecdotal, but the only person I directly know with five kids is a woman who's an orthopedic MD. Many Mormons and Catholics with larger families are well educated and successful.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
You know what I love to share with these losers
Which has more Wars? eras going into [or in] Cooling or eras going into [or in] Warming? [Its cooling]

So are they saying they want more global wars?

Purely anecdotal, but the only person I directly know with five kids is a woman who's an orthopedic MD. Many Mormons and Catholics with larger families are well educated and successful.
And those Catholics and Mormons do they have less kids then their non educated counterparts in their faith?

Lemmingwise

Merry Christmas Kiwis
kiwifarms.net
From a god’s-eye-view, we can create a much more eco-friendly way of life if we all just agree to cut our pollution output and dependence on fossil fuels.
We only have two methods of cost effective energy method that is an alternative to coal, oil and gas and that's energy from dams and nuclear energy. Wind and solar are mostly memes when you look at the cost and they're mostly memes when you look at the pollution if you include the material usage and repairs and fuel costs to repair them.

Grifters gonna grift.

Also:

:story:

So they paid people off the street to pad it out?

The Founders' biography begins with a photo of him with a young Greta Thunberg. Way to discredit yourself and your organization.

After 7 years out of college, and after discovering meditation, engaging on the path of self-realization, and discovering the Arica Institute, Scott returned to graduate studies in Computer and Information Science at the University of Florida in Gainesville. His grade point average over the two years of his studies was 4.0 (all A grades). His graduate assistantship was in the area of modeling early electric and hybrid vehicles.
This guy sounds legit exceptional. You can tell he wrote that, and you can tell that he cannot write worth crap. He doesn't even mention his first name and last name in successive order - Stuart Scott - once in the entire biography page, instead he alternately refers to himself as either Stuart or Scott, leaving you wondering who exactly he is talking about. What a hacky shitshow.

i remember the last time they made these kind of headlines, it was a petition that you could sign from a web page, and that you had to pinky promise that you were definitely a scientist
Here?

Last edited:

Homegrown Homophobia

kiwifarms.net

The Founders' biography begins with a photo of him with a young Greta Thunberg. Way to discredit yourself and your organization.
Dude totally looks like a fucking ped next to her.

As an athletic bad thinker who loves his red meat, pork, and exercise it always cracks me up how none of the scientists pushing total control of the global government and economy never look like living, swole Greek Gods like Adrian Veidt from Watchmen but instead gross looking wrinkled out goblins.

Forever Sunrise

Avatar? I don't need no stinkin' avatar.
kiwifarms.net
I absolutely despise China and India's hideous pollution-heavy economies of scale.

But they only work because the west is there to buy all their goods. It's coming up to Christmas now, and I can't help but wonder how many millions of plastic Santas will be dumped into landfills come January. All from China and its subsidiaries, all made for and bought by westerners.

As much as I despise these practices... I despise the people who enable them more. All I see here is a bunch of fat, wasteful consumers waving their chubby hands in the vague direction of the orient and making apologetic blubbering noises about how it's all the fault of the chinks for enabling their bad habits.

thismanlies

The Funnest Part of Gaming is Looting Corpses.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stabilize the rate of human population increase, or even better, gradually reduce it. This would be accomplished by strengthening human rights, including "family-planning services available to all people, remove barriers to their access and achieve full gender equity, including primary and secondary education as a global norm for all, especially girls and young women." Huh?
These people are so far up their own asses they want to tell society who can and can’t breed. They’ve unironically become climate eugenicists.

Pargon

He don't
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the six policy goals from the study:

- Get away from fossil fuels in favor of cleaner energy, including wealthier nations helping to subsidize the costs of poorer nations in transitioning away from fossil fuels. They do mention nuclear as an acceptable energy source.

- Reduce pollutants, including methane, black carbon (soot), and hydrofluorocarbons. Okay.

- Protect and restore Earth's ecosystems, and curtail biodiversity loss. Makes sense, since forests, coral reefs, and other such ecosystems reduce atmospheric CO2.

- Reduce the global consumption of animal products and switch to more plant-based diets. Good luck with that one.

- End strip mining and overexploitation of ecosystems. Okay, but then they make this claim: "Our goals need to shift from GDP growth and the pursuit of affluence toward sustaining ecosystems and improving human well-being by prioritizing basic needs and reducing inequality." Not holding my breath there.

- Stabilize the rate of human population increase, or even better, gradually reduce it. This would be accomplished by strengthening human rights, including "family-planning services available to all people, remove barriers to their access and achieve full gender equity, including primary and secondary education as a global norm for all, especially girls and young women." Huh?

Nothing particularly new, to be honest. They still haven't learned that the wealthy and powerful are unwilling to fall on their swords to help third-world nations.
Three of those six suggestions are more economic policies rather than scientific initiatives.

So 11,000 "scientists" got together and agreed that to a significant degree a different group of people ought to be doing something about the problem.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino