World More than 11,000 scientists from around the world declare a ‘climate emergency’ - Analysis outlines six major steps that ‘must’ be taken to address the situation

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
Until we see a serious push for nuclear power and start calling out China as the main polluter instead of mindlessly castigating the West, I'm not going to support any "climate emergency" measures, especially if veganism, anti-capitalism, or social justice is involved. None of that will save the planet. Adapting nuclear energy and crushing the PRC will.

I'm just tired of all these leftists using genuine concerns over climate change and the real issue of environmentalism to push for unrelated social agendas.
There are no genuine concerns over climate change though.

Syaoran Li

Disney Delenda Est
kiwifarms.net
There are no genuine concerns over climate change though.
Climate change is happening, but the question is whether or not it's entirely man-made or if we're simply exacerbating a natural warming period (and if so, to what degree) but social justice, communism, and veganism cannot and will not fix any of these issues.

There's also the issue of oceans becoming more acidic and the loss of biodiversity.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
They say "this is the first time this kind of declaration has been made" every six months when they make yet another declaration. Forget for the moment that they're not going to even try to get China and India to play along with their demands - do these people even care that fence-sitters and people who might honestly side with them get discouraged because of the constant crying wolf?

Unog

You're a nog.
kiwifarms.net
do these people even care that fence-sitters and people who might honestly side with them get discouraged because of the constant crying wolf?
No, because they think the people they're preaching to have a short enough collective memory and are stupid enough to not notice and will probably go along with it if they just give it another six months and try again.

Why? Because these people don't already agree with them - the enlightened, rational people who are obviously correct. No, you can't point out any flaws in their arguments and/or reasoning, that's stupid and makes you one of the stupid people. You don't want to be stupid, do you?

• Agree
Reactions: Large

Dr W

God Has Cursed Me For My Hubris
kiwifarms.net
Six points to stop climate change/pollution:
Step 1:Nuclear power everywhere in the Western world.
Step 2: Embargo China and India until they get their shit together
Step 3: Look into carbon capture, ways to get rid of microplastic particles in the ocean
Step 4: STOP ALLOWING CHINA AND INDIA TO POLLUTE SO FUCKING MUCH.
Step 5: Turn all petrochemical use to manufacturing or transportation. Stationary coal or oil-fired plants are inferior to nuclear.
Step 6: Nuke Beijing.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Six points to stop climate change/pollution:
Step 1:Nuclear power everywhere in the Western world.
Step 2: Embargo China and India until they get their shit together
Step 3: Look into carbon capture, ways to get rid of microplastic particles in the ocean
Step 4: STOP ALLOWING CHINA AND INDIA TO POLLUTE SO FUCKING MUCH.
Step 5: Turn all petrochemical use to manufacturing or transportation. Stationary coal or oil-fired plants are inferior to nuclear.
Step 6: Nuke Beijing.
Number 1: "but muh Hiroshima! Nuclear power equals nuclear weapons even though it doesn't!"
Numbers 2 through 5: "you're racist!"
Number 6: like lebron says, "we don't know the whole story".

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Climate change is happening, but the question is whether or not it's entirely man-made or if we're simply exacerbating a natural warming period (and if so, to what degree) but social justice, communism, and veganism cannot and will not fix any of these issues.

There's also the issue of oceans becoming more acidic and the loss of biodiversity.
Fun Fact: Their are "Climate scientists" who are trying to prove we still have legacy climate change effects from Homo Erectus

Dr W

kiwifarms.net
Number 1: "but muh Hiroshima! Nuclear power equals nuclear weapons even though it doesn't!"
Numbers 2 through 5: "you're racist!"
Number 6: like lebron says, "we don't know the whole story".
Points 2 and 4 are racist, but at least my "kill everyone in the ghetto" initiative to lower crime rates is immune from that sort of accusation.
Fun Fact: Their are "Climate scientists" who are trying to prove we still have legacy climate change effects from Homo Erectus
The gays are certainly responsible for some of this
Oh, wait, wrong Homo Erectus.

Dr W

kiwifarms.net
This is part of why I dont take Climate Change talk seriously

also studies suggest if the entire US went Amish tomorrow.....there would be 0 impact on climate
if the entire world went Amish tomorrow their would be no statistically appreciable change
The part where I made a gay joke?

Also, what studies? If carbon emissions go to zero, the climate will continue warming, yes, but it won't warm as much.

Think of it like this: the Earth hasn't caught up to the carbon emissions released (as a massive amount was dumped in a geologically insignificant timescale), but there will be a cap to the warming. The more C02 in the atmosphere, the higher the cap goes.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Also, what studies? If carbon emissions go to zero, the climate will continue warming, yes, but it won't warm as much.
No no no you missed my point:
Its a statistically insignificant number, meaning its statistically the same as nothing at all

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net

Yeah, but those real problems have nothing to do with "climate change". Dumping toxic sludge into rivers and the ocean is a bad thing that currently happens.
The part where I made a gay joke?

Think of it like this: the Earth hasn't caught up to the carbon emissions released (as a massive amount was dumped in a geologically insignificant timescale), but there will be a cap to the warming. The more C02 in the atmosphere, the higher the cap goes.
You have the correlation reversed. All charts show co2 increasing a few hundred years after a temperature increase. A hot earth releases more co2 into the atmosphere. Co2 responds to temperature, it doesn't control or predict it.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Syaoran Li

AltisticRight

Matt Jarbo is not the father.
kiwifarms.net
>11,000 scientists
What are their credentials? Scienticians for sure.

Also, here's a bit of "science"...

Emissions per capita by country: (https://knoema.com/atlas/ranks/CO2-emissions-per-capita)
cap.jpg

Birthrates by country: (https://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=7704)
birth.jpg

Tell me, if something as anti-humanity as suggesting us to stop breeding, which continent should this disgusting suggestion be imposed on?

I even made a gif. Whoever these 11,000 unverified and obviously unqualified fuckwits are, visit Aokigahara in Minecraft.
22cap.gif

Can't we just plant more trees? I like trees and I don't see how anyone could object to having more of them.
You'd think?

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino