• Sponsored by Kraken Rum.

Morgan Slade / Adventures In Genderland

Discussion in 'Tumblr (◡‿◡✿)' started by Piga Dgrifm, Nov 17, 2017.

Forum Guidelines

This board is for lolcows whose primary modus operandi is Tumblr, especially those who adhere to severe delusions that defy logic, reason, and science for the purpose of protecting their personal feelings.

• Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum. Your life story is shit and nobody cares.
  • Be civil. Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.
  • Don't white knight. Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately.
  • Backup everything! Tumblr is a great shelter for Lolcows because it enables them to delete content and hide very quickly. Deny that ability.
  • Check your privilege every day.

@Meowthkip, @trombonista

1. I don't know, I tend not to trust Tumblrinas who present themselves as being self-conscious since a lot of Tumblr users do this "ironic self deprecation" thing where they can post night and day about what a adorably socially awkward neurotic mess they are to seem "relatable," but then immediately turn into shrieking harpies at the mere suggestion that they aren't perfect woke beings who can do no wrong while they proceed to belittle everyone and insinuate they're problematic for questioning them.

Morgan shows tons of signs of from a quick glance at her main account, from how they share tons of those passive aggressive call outs about innocuous shit like what fictional characters people like, to having entire tags dedicated to different privileges, to shit like this
    shot-20180101-24317-svzlpw.jpeg
    And this post which is really fucking rich considering the Patreon "pronoun business cards" reward
    Screenshot-2018-1-1 M Slade Illustration.png
    Considering Morgan's in her 20s attending college (what does Morgan even study? Because if it was art then clearly she slept through most of her classes) I'm sure she's likely surrounded with more of the same shit that's already on Tumblr, so if there's any hope of her growing out of it, it'll be either when she graduates, if she hasn't already, and inevitably hits a wall because she had no valuable skills in their aspired field. Of course Morgan doesn't seem as productive compared to some of the other Tumblr and trans artists, and with the way things are going with the Patreon I'd say odds are Morgan will eventually just pitter out and be quickly forgotten on the Tumblr sphere.

• Informative Informative x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Oh, you're right about those examples. I guess I've sort of learned to ignore it because it's so common on tumblr. I remember it being mentioned that she graduated from an art school under an illustration program. I don't remember which art school, but I think so long as it's not a horrible for profit school, you get what you put out.

NashiNashi

NashiNashi "PEACE AND LOOOOVE"

kiwifarms.net
  3. Whoops, too bad neither of them are.
    [​IMG]

How can anyone look at this shit and think it looks even remotely like a mix of those characters? It looks like she recolored her drawing of herself in her Iida cosplay.

It's not supposed to be her. She's just so shit at drawing that everything she draws looks like her.

• Agree Agree x 7
    Bani

Bani Presentation Michael

kiwifarms.net
  4. morganslade2.png
    New comic.

Honestly, though, can you really say you're "out" as a guy when you look like her? She doesn't even come close to passing. Also, based on Facebook she goes by Merlin now.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  5. I understand using the opposite gender equivalent of one’s name when transitioning. But using the autistic equivalent is new.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    An Ghost

An Ghost Big spooky bitches
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. In conclusion, she´s not even comfortable being a "transgender"

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Azafran90

Azafran90 Very Omnipotent

kiwifarms.net
  7. Also, I looked through her photos, and frankly I would not describe her as 'butch' in any way. She's just fat and ugly, but they're not the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 10
    kiwifarms.net
  8. i really don't get why trans people choose such outlandish names when they start transitioning. like alternate spellings of popular names, okay that's fine. but wow she really wants everyone to know she's a gender special

• Agree Agree x 7
    ★ Lion ★

★ Lion ★ full of privilege

kiwifarms.net
  9. "When I'm with guys I feel gay. When I'm with girls I feel gay."

There's a name for that.

Bisexual.

But I guess that's just too mundane for Merlin the Magical here?

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Kurosaki Ichigo

Kurosaki Ichigo megabitch Todd Howard

kiwifarms.net
  10. Jesus Christ, now you have to "FEEL" gay? Whatever happened to just 'this person turns me on' or 'this person is hot to me', now you have to embody being fucking attracted to other people? How would you even do that?
    I swear it, in another five years, if you don't paint your body with rainbows and constantly shout how '''gay''' you are, then you'll get called a TERF fake trans/gay person.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  11. "Butch" is more like an attitude than looking like a beefed-up woman with a buzzcut. Morgan/Merlin (wow) is far too insecure to be butch.

She needs to come to terms with the fact that it's perfectly fine to be a tomboyish bisexual, that nobody but her cares about these identity politics. If she was happier presenting as butch lesbian and dysphoria is making her confused and distraught, that's a pretty big fucking clue she's on the wrong path.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Bojack Horsekin

Bojack Horsekin What are you doing here Bakugou!

kiwifarms.net
  12. I often wonder this, too. I mean, shit, at least Laverne Cox and Caitlyn Jenner chose normal names.

That's what's really sad about this. I've noticed that when one gets sucked into the identity politics void, when they feel doubt like Merlin/Morgan here does, they don't even entertain the alternatives (i.e. a bisexual tomboy) and instead double-down on the gender special-ness.

Identity politics are one hell of a drug.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Debrotherized Luigi

Debrotherized Luigi mother(box)!

kiwifarms.net
  13. These screencaps were posted to a lesbian fb group and then shared on tumblr.
    4dc6ef01-c7b6-497d-a459-0f03bbc9a615.jpg b71be42b-7c61-4b41-9802-247f26674e8f.jpg
    Bisexuals aren't lesbians? Wow.

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 1
    • DRINK DRINK x 1
    #293 nightlight, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  14. Of course not. They're bisexuals.

I thought that was what bisexuals wanted.

• Agree Agree x 19
    Meowthkip

Meowthkip I MAKE MONEY OFF OF THE LASAGNA I EAT!
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. "Lesbians are women who are attracted exclusively to women, so if you feel attraction to men you're not a lesbian but a bisexual or something."
    " YOU BIPHOBIC PIECE OF SHIT HOW DARE YOU"

what

• Feels Feels x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  16. Annnnnnnnd all the sympathy I had for her went out the window. I'm certain she's at the point of no return now.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Feels Feels x 1
    NashiNashi

NashiNashi "PEACE AND LOOOOVE"

kiwifarms.net
  17. Also I thought Morgan/Merlin/whatever was a trans man, so why are they poking around a fb group and arguing over the technicalities and schematics about the definition of the word lesbian? Are they butthurt that transitioning to male means they don't get to lay claim to the lesbian club anymore? That they can't call themselves a trans man and a lesbian at the same time, and since they feel entitles to having aaaaaallll the special snowflake labels they're throwing a fit over someone questioning them? Is this what they meant about being "closed off from their lesbian identify" ?

Inb4 Morgan/Merlin starts identifying as a "he/him lesbian"

• 🤔 Provocative x 5
    kiwifarms.net
  18. yeah I've seen so much reeing from bisexual girls because people think they're lesbians or call their relationship a lesbian one.

I agree with One Man Bland that it's odd that Morgan would care about this. I also don't think there's a good reason for a trans man to be in a lesbian Facebook group. They should kick her out.

morganisdumb.png

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  19. it’s odd that she’s assuming because she’s a bi trans man that she can’t be a lesbian.

it’s almost like she doesn’t think she’s a man :thinking: but a woman who dresses manly.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • 🤔 Provocative x 5
    ★ Lion ★

★ Lion ★ full of privilege

kiwifarms.net
  20. "Bisexuals aren't lesbians"

Water is wet.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Piga Dgrifm

Piga Dgrifm Hotsy Totsy Nazi Kill Count: 10 Trillion
    True & Honest Fan