• Ninja But Not A Ninja

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Kurtis Stryker

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Puar

Smug fuck
kiwifarms.net
Kabal was pretty awesome in 9. Hope he returns. X wasn't bad, but it felt kind of empty in some places.

Kuchipatchi

Bitchi green blob
kiwifarms.net
Kabal was teased during the reveal event. Your probably in luck
Was it when they pointed out something on the screen and said they'll save it for the 30th?
I looked away when that happened and can't find it on the livestream.

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What if Raiden actually sent everyone/everything into a pocket dimension at the beginning of MK9? Instead of truly going back in time like we thought.

Like, everything will just fade into original Armageddon timeline at some point, to where everyone was dead?

With that aside I'm fucking HYPED.

Reactions: Heckler1

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
Was it when they pointed out something on the screen and said they'll save it for the 30th?
I looked away when that happened and can't find it on the livestream.
It was a screen transition in the beginning, where when you slow it down, the blur effect is made by a certain masked boi running super fast.

Reactions: Kuchipatchi

GethN7

Cute doggo is cute
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hope they continue the tradition MKX had of snarky pre-battle dialogue, it was a good idea and a lot of it was very funny.

However, not entirely sure I like how Nu-MK is basically winding up in the many of the same story places as Old-MK. We've basically gotten to the point where Old-MK Edgelord Raiden is back, Liu Kang is stuck as a zombie again, and the plot appears to be heading for MK Armageddon territory again, just from a different direction.

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
However, not entirely sure I like how Nu-MK is basically winding up in the many of the same story places as Old-MK. We've basically gotten to the point where Old-MK Edgelord Raiden is back, Liu Kang is stuck as a zombie again, and the plot appears to be heading for MK Armageddon territory again, just from a different direction.
I kinda like it in a sick way. It basically says that Armageddon is inevitable, and Raiden's attempt to change the timeline was for nothing since all roads lead to the same destination. That said, the new villain who is supposed to be a master of time seems to be throwing a wrench into everything, and I'm curious to see where that goes.

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I kinda like it in a sick way. It basically says that Armageddon is inevitable, and Raiden's attempt to change the timeline was for nothing since all roads lead to the same destination. That said, the new villain who is supposed to be a master of time seems to be throwing a wrench into everything, and I'm curious to see where that goes.
If anything regarding the One Being means anything, basically the universe itself will behave in a sentient matter and say "aight had enough of your shit" and a giant blue clouded face will devour everything.

Will they perhaps get around to making the actual fighting not terrible and the characters not move like robots? I mean, the 2edgy violence was OK back in the 90s and fighting games weren't all that deep at the time anyway, but there's stuff out there where it seems like the creators actually get what fighting games are.

Have they at least fixed the shit like being able to do infinite throw/bonebreaker moves in a row until the "You did too much damage" mechanic kicks in and explodes you away?

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is this his normal look or alternative costume? Looks quite comical. I missed the Kombat Kast.
Apparently the pirate skin is for Brazil players only, kind of how Skarlet has an exclusive Russian skin:

Why Netherrealm is doing this, I have no fecking idea. But I'm pretty sure it'll be another carrot for them to dangle for everyone to buy the Mortal Kombat 11 Komplete Kollection of Kharacters and Krap they'll no doubt release in late 2019/ early 2020.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net

I think that's his other costume.
Compared to the hyperrealistic style of the characters we've so far in the actual gameplay, Kano looks weirdly caroonish, like he's from Fortnite or something. Otherwise the characters look great, the only design I have a problem with is Sonya's. She's just way too scrawny looking with her frail build and overly large ears, making her badass swagger come across as passive-aggressive vitriol. She just feels less like a kickass army veteran that can annihiliate dude twice her weight and more like an embittered elemtary school teacher in a midlife crisis whose extra pissed because of her haphazardly adapted, dull vegan diet. I don't mind her not having too much TNA, as it never did make a lot of sense for a special forces soldier to have huge fake looking tiddies á la MK9, though I hope that at least supposedly sensual characters like Mileena or Jade will have a little more Thiccness to them.

gameplay wise it's interesting, though I'm not sure how to feel about the game going for a more traditional, slower and footsie-based gameplay á la Street Fighter as opposed to the series' trademark rushdown heavy, super aggressive meta. I also don't like how the characters' meter replenishes automatically instead of them having to perform actions to replenish them, that's something that could make zoning even more obnoxious that it was in Injustice 2. Still, it's good to know that the game mechanics are still subject to some tweeking and altering, hopefully the developers can get some good feedback to make it a suitably fun fighting game.

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
gameplay wise it's interesting, though I'm not sure how to feel about the game going for a more traditional, slower and footsie-based gameplay á la Street Fighter as opposed to the series' trademark rushdown heavy, super aggressive meta. I also don't like how the characters' meter replenishes automatically instead of them having to perform actions to replenish them, that's something that could make zoning even more obnoxious that it was in Injustice 2. Still, it's good to know that the game mechanics are still subject to some tweeking and altering, hopefully the developers can get some good feedback to make it a suitably fun fighting game.
My understanding is that meter regenerates based on the actions used. So hopefully meter burn projectiles make meter build slower, to prevent things like Jaqui Briggs full screen zoning spam.

Reactions: ShittyRecolor

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
My understanding is that meter regenerates based on the actions used. So hopefully meter burn projectiles make meter build slower, to prevent things like Jaqui Briggs full screen zoning spam.
Ooh, that wouldn't be too bad! I do also like how there's separate meters for offensive and defensive stuff, gives me some nice flashbacks to Heretic 2. I thing either Melty Blood or In-Birth had something similar, but I'm not sure.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino