Mortal Kombat Thread - Dun-dun-dun-DUN-DUN-DUN-dun-dun-dun...

Best Ninja?

• Yellow Ninja

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Blue Ninja

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Green Ninja

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Purple Ninja

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Red Ninja

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Smoky Ninja

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Robot Ninja

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Boobie Ninja

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Ninja But Not A Ninja

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Kurtis Stryker

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Some more gameplay from Honeybee, who has a pretty mean Flash in Injustie 2:

I don't know if it's her clothes of if NRS has managed to tweak Sonya a bit, but she doesn't look as weedy as I thought she did earlier. Maybe it's just the perspective on her intro dialogue that has thrown me off, because here she looks pleasantly close to how Elishabeth Malecki looked when she had portrayed her in the very first game. Geras' time rewinding shenanigans look cool too.

Reactions: Heckler1

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kabal reveal gameplay:

Looks like he's taking some of the Flash's moveset from Injustice 2.

But... BUT who cares about the fastest serial killer of the land? No my friends, the REAL reveal is that BEE STORY is returning to MK11!

Let's watch D'vorah's biggest fan's reaction with her reveal...

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
Kabal reveal gameplay:

But... BUT who cares about the fastest serial killer of the land? No my friends, the REAL reveal is that BEE STORY is returning to MK11!

These are both good reveals. I played a ton of D'vorah in X, and I really hope to see her mechanics expanded more in 11. Spooky Bug Waifu

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Kabal reveal gameplay:

Upgrade moveset from Mortal Kombat 3 and 9.

I thought D'Vorah died in lore, I guess since this one is all about time travel they can add her back in. I hope to see some Quan Chi if that's the case.

GethN7

EVIL HITLER BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Upgrade moveset from Mortal Kombat 3 and 9.

I thought D'Vorah died in lore, I guess since this one is all about time travel they can add her back in. I hope to see some Quan Chi if that's the case.
Raiden better hope so, or undead Liu Kang/Kitana sticks as do all the other zombies.

Reactions: Heckler1

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Raiden better hope so, or undead Liu Kang/Kitana sticks as do all the other zombies.
We also get a Kabal without his injuries so probably prior to Kano grafting him with cybernetics during the Outworld invasion to save his life after he was seriously burned. I hope these out of time versions of characters reference the older games and their lore.

Also, Liu Kang dying at the hands of Raiden seems to be a thing as it's happened in two games, whether because of Raiden or at his hands by accident. So it's probably one of those things that will happen in any timeline, Raiden will fuck over Liu Kang.

Last edited:

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
Apparently Erron Black is semi confirmed based on data mining. Which for me is a pretty sweet reveal. Is there anyone that no one wants to see back?

Reactions: _blank_

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yup. Following up on what @Heckler1 brought up, apparently the Steam trophies list may have accidentally revealed the rest of the cast, including Cowboy Curtis Erron Black, and other MK alumni such as Jade, Frost, and Kotal Khan, as well as possibly three new characters.

(warning: credits music may give you ear cancer)

If this is correct however, it's interesting how they don't include characters like Ermac, Noob Saibot, Sindel, or Mileena. Granted, they might be put into a season pass. It's a scummy play, but IMO it would be better than trying to shoehorn non-canon characters like Injustice 2's season pass offerings (what, you want Plastic Man? Beast Boy? Deathstroke? Nope- too bad, here's the Ninja Turtles and Hellboy).

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
Yup. Following up on what @Heckler1

If this is correct however, it's interesting how they don't include characters like Ermac, Noob Saibot, Sindel, or Mileena. Granted, they might be put into a season pass. It's a scummy play, but IMO it would be better than trying to shoehorn non-canon characters like Injustice 2's season pass offerings (what, you want Plastic Man? Beast Boy? Deathstroke? Nope- too bad, here's the Ninja Turtles and Hellboy).
As a giant MK fanboy I can say that Netherrealms DLC often leaves me underwhelmed. Injustice 2 wasn't as bad as MKX with its 4 unwanted horror characters (which you know where just there to bring in non fans of the MK series), and paltry 4 returning fighters. And of those 4 Bo and Tremor were kinda letdowns. Sp if they are saving good characters for DLC this time around I'll be pretty stoked, but I feel like it'll just be more Terminator and Mecha Ron Jeremy. *sigh*

Baldur's Gait

Huh, you're a queer fellow!
kiwifarms.net
One thing I really miss from MK9 was the character models showing damage, like torn outfits, chunks of flesh missing, exposed bone etc. It made the game feel that much more brutal, like the characters are actually beating each other to death. I don't know why they removed that, and it's a minor reason I felt MKX couldn't live up to 9. As far as I can tell, it's not going to be in 11 either.

It's not a dealbreaker, but it's just something I wish they bring back.

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
Jade is back and looking... well... greener than ever...

Not too keen on her looking like Gamora-Lite, but we're getting a staff-wielder again so...
I'm just glad I don't have to listen to people screech about how much they want her in the game anymore. I've never really understood why she's such a waifu to people, but I'll give her a shot to see how good she really is I guess.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net

Not too keen on her looking like Gamora-Lite, but we're getting a staff-wielder again so...
7/10 needs more boobage. Fatality is god tier though.

GethN7

EVIL HITLER BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm just glad I don't have to listen to people screech about how much they want her in the game anymore. I've never really understood why she's such a waifu to people, but I'll give her a shot to see how good she really is I guess.
I guess she's waifu material because honestly, her motivations are pretty damn noble for an MK character (protecting Kitana, for good or ill), and in a universe where even most of the good guys act like assholes to some extent, she's surprisingly free of jackass qualities.

Couple that with an interesting moveset, and she's pretty hard to hate as a character.

Eh, bout what I expected.

Given she's undead now, and they had to find some way to make her look unique compared to the other undead (who all had the ash greyish look in prior games), fits her color schema if nothing else.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino