Mortal Kombat Thread - Dun-dun-dun-DUN-DUN-DUN-dun-dun-dun...

Best Ninja?

• Yellow Ninja

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Blue Ninja

Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Green Ninja

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Purple Ninja

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Red Ninja

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Smoky Ninja

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Robot Ninja

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Boobie Ninja

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • Ninja But Not A Ninja

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Kurtis Stryker

Votes: 11 14.3%

• Total voters

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Despite the leaks I'm still hoping Jacqui won't be in the core roster. She was such a bland character in MKX as far as her design, personality and moveset goes, NRS would really have to reimagine her to make her palatable to people other than spam fetisihists such as Netotigr.

Last edited:

GethN7

EVIL HITLER BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Despite the leaks I'm still hoping Jacqui won't be in the core roster. She was such a bland character in MKX as far as her design, personality and moveset goes, NRS would really have to reimagine her to make her palatable to people other than spam fetisihists such as Netotigr.
As a character, she was....decent. Didn't do anything too bad, but didn't set the game on fire either. Her moveset was pretty decent, but didn't exactly inspire me to play the hell out of her either.

She felt like a bland Kurtis Stryker 2.0 minus any controversy, which kinda sucked for her, as nothing about her really stood out.

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
As a character, she was....decent. Didn't do anything too bad, but didn't set the game on fire either. Her moveset was pretty decent, but didn't exactly inspire me to play the hell out of her either.

She felt like a bland Kurtis Stryker 2.0 minus any controversy, which kinda sucked for her, as nothing about her really stood out.
Yeah, she was pretty much the least interesting Kombat Kid. I think it'd be cool if she got made into a cyber ninja by some rogue Lin Quei or something. It'd spice her up, play up on her status as a legacy character (receiving a similar fate to his father) and make her the first female cyber ninja. MK fans love ninjas.

Last edited:
Reactions: neural

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
It didn't help that her Shotgun variation as totally useless. Full Auto attracted low tier noobs and spammers, and her High Tech variant was actually pretty cool. If shes back she hopefully has been reworked to not be a 1 trick character.

GethN7

EVIL HITLER BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
SO appearently this post seems to be the most popular on the subreddit currently having both upvotes and comments in the 600s https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/arhklm/the_more_i_look_at_it_the_more_i_like_that_jade/?sort=controversial
Don't get me wrong, I like practical designs too, Sonya's MKX design was actually pretty good and fit her character perfectly, but ridiculous outfits is a MK trademark (for both men and women), and I'd rather they retain some of them just to make some of the cast stand out on occasion.

Reactions: ShittyRecolor

samuraicrack

INTERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
kiwifarms.net
Never actually played any of the MK games (or most fighting games for that matter) because the FGC is terrible and I don’t really have the time or care to git gud at a game everyone will forget about in a year or two. I do think a lot of the character designs/worldbuilding in fighting games are cool but I don’t think they’re enough to get me shell out $60 to get my ass beat by a exceptional black guy.

Reactions: Heckler1

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
Don't get me wrong, I like practical designs too, Sonya's MKX design was actually pretty good and fit her character perfectly, but ridiculous outfits is a MK trademark (for both men and women), and I'd rather they retain some of them just to make some of the cast stand out on occasion.
The problem with NRS and their female designs in my opinion is that they always end up very samey. In MK2011, pretty much all the girls had manly wide shoulders, barely and waist\ass and gigantic silicone boobs that looked like they could burst at any second. in MK11, all the girls so far have a slim build, identically smallish breasts and overly wide faces. I really wish they'd focus on giving each character a build that best suits their character\tropes\fighting style. Like, it makes perfect sense for a special forces agent like Sonya Blade to not look like a stripper, but I think Jade's previous role as a guardian\ surrogate big sister to Kitana would warrant some more curviness (which can signify motherliness\a nurturing nature too). I think they've nailed Mileena in MKX as far as giving her a design that plays up both her deadliness and her deceptive seductiveness goes, but in case she ever makes it into the new game I'll be disappointed if they flatten her even more just to seem more combat ready\less sexualized. Like, she's one of the few characters where making her overly sexual makes perfect sense for her personality.

Also, while I like the notion of making everyone look like formidable warriors, if they can make Liu Kang and Sub-Zero look like handsome, hunky manwhores then I think they can afford not to make Cassie look like a potato nosed bulldyke.

Last edited:

GethN7

EVIL HITLER BITCH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The problem with NRS and their female designs in my opinion is that they always end up very samey. In MK2011, pretty much all the girls had manly wide shoulders, barely and waist\ass and gigantic silicone boobs that looked like they could burst at any second. in MK11, all the girls so far have a slim build, identically smallish breasts and overly wide faces. I really wish they'd focus on giving each character a build that best suits their character\tropes\fighting style. Like, it makes perfect sense for a special forces agent like Sonya Blade to not look like a stripper, but I think Jade's previous role as a guardian\ surrogate big sister to Kitana would warrant some more curviness (which can signify motherliness\a nurturing nature too). I think they've nailed Mileena in MKX as far as giving her a design that plays up both her deadliness and her deceptive seductiveness goes, but in case she ever makes it into the new game I'll be disappointed if they flatten her even more just to seem more combat ready\less sexualized. Like, she's one of the few characters where making her overly sexual makes perfect sense for her personality.

Also, while I like the notion of making everyone look like formidable warriors, if they can make Liu Kang and Sub-Zero look like handsome, hunky manwhores then I think they can afford not to make Cassie look like a potato nosed bulldyke.
Very true. Kinda makes me wish they'd break even and give them alternate skins that give the prudes and the fanservice types what they want, with a third outfit/bodytype that sits in the middle.

Besides, if they can pander to the tits and ass crowd and the no fun allowed BBAD crowd in different games, surely they could break even for people who want a balance between the two extremes, but regardless who is being pandered to, variation in phenotype appearance based on the character is a constantly good idea.

It made sense back in the 2D era to make clones, but in the 3D era, that's just lazy and gets worse the more they do it.

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
Very true. Kinda makes me wish they'd break even and give them alternate skins that give the prudes and the fanservice types what they want, with a third outfit/bodytype that sits in the middle.

Besides, if they can pander to the tits and ass crowd and the no fun allowed BBAD crowd in different games, surely they could break even for people who want a balance between the two extremes, but regardless who is being pandered to, variation in phenotype appearance based on the character is a constantly good idea.

It made sense back in the 2D era to make clones, but in the 3D era, that's just lazy and gets worse the more they do it.
Oh yeah, giving the player the tools to modify the body types themselves would be pretty awesome. Even beyond the lewdness, I'd love to be able to toggle between a mandatorily buffy Liu Kang and one that resembles Bruce Lee more, just to name an example. That being said, I do love how much you can customize the costumes themselves, especially since they are no longer bound to specific buffs or special moves like in Injustice 2.

Thexenoclop

kiwifarms.net
Ok so I was on a livestream of a guy by the name of appabend when he did a segment where he discussed an article by a site named one angry gamer, the article they did on mk11 and the backlash that happened as a result so I thought it would be interesting to see the article itself and the responses it got https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/02/mortal-kombat-11-adds-a-fully-covered-up-jade-to-the-roster-with-lacking-sex-appeal/76980/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NufhGqJfw4c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dXpd8Shf7M

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
First of all, it's not worth freaking out over costumes, period. Can you be disappointed? Hell yeah, go for it. But it's still a video game. Save that energy for more constructive things like getting mad at politicians, or creating your own death ray or whatever.

In all seriousness though, I'm pretty sure we're not going to seeing Jade or any female character in MK11 to be wearing anything nearly provocative as they were in MK9 or older. Maybe, maybe something vaguely similar to her old fighting togs back in MK9 but decidedly less skin showing, and it'll be a suit you got a 1:10,000 chance of acquiring.

The main reasoning behind this is because the game is being released through WB, who has a track record or putting the kibosh on having anything that can be deemed too sexy, as seen in this video from Dynasty back in 2017, where he discusses character design changes for Black Canary and Catwoman in Injustice 2.

Plus, honestly, this is how western society works. It's perfectly peachy keen to depict violence and murder, but show a woman with too much cleavage and everyone loses their minds.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net

You still have to worry about polygon count. it's why character bodies are usually all the same or similar. Then you just add clothing on top and a different hair style/ skin texture to make them different. Limitations still apply that we had in the 2d era.

Drop the texture count and any customization as well as any high def particle effects and we could get different body types.

ShittyRecolor

kiwifarms.net
I don't think it was mentioned here yet, but Boon's been dropping some hints lately that might indicate Cage appearing in some shape or form:

On the one hand, I've always liked Cage; on the other hand, with boty Sonya and Cassie around I almost with we'd see someone return we haven't seen in a while. Oh well, hopefully he'll be fun to play if he'll indeed end up as a playable character.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heckler1

NumberingYourState

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of alt uniforms, the "Klassic Raiden" outfit for Mortal Kombat Eleven is a proper re-imagining (think Deadly Alliance), the MK1 look as canon in MK10 was cool, but began to feel a little odd.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino