Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Kurtis Stryker

Votes: 21 13.5%

• Total voters

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I still prefer having actual MK characters as DLC instead of a bunch of whack random guest characters.
This is true, but having Old Man Shang as DLC feels kind of a ripoff since I would've considered him a core character and would've liked him on the main roster and kept a DLC slot for a more niche character like Frost or Nightwolf.

It's like if Street Fighter threw Sagat into a season p-- oh wait.

Okay, it's like if Tekken threw Julia Chang into a seas-- OH WAIT.

Just checked Steam, the preorder prices on this are nightmarish.

Still want it, but DAMN it's pricey.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I really want to play this, but I know this is the same bait and switch NetherRealm has done for years. Been constantly telling myself to wait until next year when NR undoubtedly will release Mortal Kombat 11 Komplete Kollection or whatever.... but goddamn is that going to be a long-ass wait.

• Agree
Reactions: Heckler1 and PedoN7

Mathas

Fiend Seeker
kiwifarms.net
I still prefer having actual MK characters as DLC instead of a bunch of whack random guest characters.
I actually liked the guest characters. Getting such a diverse roster of horror villains in a fighting game (especially in one like MK where they could be fully utilized) reminded me of a good version of Terrordrome.

I'd prefer they just put the classic MK characters in the game to start with, but we all know there's no arguing with DLC...

neural

MovieBahb ォ運ム
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know it's because they built the characters to be customizable, but I get a weird uncanny kind of effect when I see Shang Tsung's face. I don't know why.

I don't mind him being DLC tbf, he's never really been my main guy in the series. Now if they make Quan Chi a DLC character, then neural will rage with the power of a trillion autistic suns! :mad:

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Took the time to listen to Sonya Blade voice acting and I have to say Ronda was a horrible choice for her. You can tell she's just reading a script as she's not even trying to emote or anything. Why couldn't they just bring back Tricia Helfer?

There are a good number of WWE wrestlers who can do voice acting, Samoa Joe being the best just due to the roles he's had and they've shown it's not that hard for them.

I hope the game will be easy for modding as I want to remove Ronda from it and just add someone else.

• Agree
Reactions: Heckler1

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
I know it's because they built the characters to be customizable, but I get a weird uncanny kind of effect when I see Shang Tsung's face. I don't know why.

I don't mind him being DLC tbf, he's never really been my main guy in the series. Now if they make Quan Chi a DLC character, then neural will rage with the power of a trillion autistic suns! :mad:
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Quan sat this one out. I kind of like it when they give kharacters a break here and there, and Quan Chi and Scorpion just had their story resolved pretty well in X. I wouldn't be against him coming back later, but I'm fine with the other half of the Deadly Alliance taking his spot for now.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: neural and PedoN7

Thexenoclop

kiwifarms.net
New trailer dropped focusing on the past meeting the present and I must say as someone who tries to keep a level headed when it comes to videogames and hype,the end with Liu and Light raiden was seriously cool if you ask me
also speaking of which was anyone actually surpirsed to see Jax, Liu and lao returning because imo opinion it was pretty obivous they would be in it(well expect for jax)

Last edited:

_blank_

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New trailer dropped focusing on the past meeting the present and I must say as someone who tries to keep a level headed when it comes to videogames and hype,the end with Liu and Light raiden was seriously cool if you ask me
also speaking of which was anyone actually surpirsed to see Jax, Liu and lao returning because imo opinion it was pretty obivous they would be in it(well expect for jax)
Things I've learned from this new trailer:

1) Kitana is a lock. I mean this shouldn't be surprising, but good to know. Same with Jax, but I'm disappointed he isn't rocking his Luthor Vandross 'stache like he was back in MK2.

2) Pretty sure at this point this game could be subtitled Johnny Cage's Vision Quest.

3) I'm not the biggest rap fan, but good Lord is modern rap is the absolute worst, esp. compared to stuff from just a few decades back.

• Agree

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the reason Kung Jin and Taekeda aren't in teh game is because Erron Black killed them like in his ending. Setting him up as a main rival to Cassie and Jaqui?

Also Kung Lao is better than Lui Kang.

Megaroad

Space Adventure
kiwifarms.net
Took the time to listen to Sonya Blade voice acting and I have to say Ronda was a horrible choice for her. You can tell she's just reading a script as she's not even trying to emote or anything. Why couldn't they just bring back Tricia Helfer?

There are a good number of WWE wrestlers who can do voice acting, Samoa Joe being the best just due to the roles he's had and they've shown it's not that hard for them.

I hope the game will be easy for modding as I want to remove Ronda from it and just add someone else.
I like her as a person and a part of me would like to see her as Samus since she wants to star in a Metroid movie but... yeah, she's not too good at acting.

When Vin Disel can out act you (and that guy is boooring outside of Riddick), you should maybe look into some acting lessons.

Thexenoclop

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if the reason Kung Jin and Taekeda aren't in teh game is because Erron Black killed them like in his ending. Setting him up as a main rival to Cassie and Jaqui?
I REALLY hope that's not the case because I honestly I found Taekeda to be one of my favorites out of the new characters introduced in X after kotal and cassie and I feel like a better way to explain his absent instead of killing him, would be to have him hunting this mother's killer along with kenshi as shown in both their arcade ladder endings

Last edited:

_blank_

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Looks like she could be fun. Her name makes her sound like an economy class sedan, but then again this is a game in which the guy who appears on the box is some kind of undead Japanese hellfire demon and yet is named after a bug. So whatever.

Anyway, my gf decided she wanted to play MK11 so I went ahead an pre-ordered the damn thing and got a chance to play the beta. Few observations:

- Maybe it's me getting used to fighting games, but the fatalities in this game are stupidly easy to pull off. Hell, one of Kabal's is literally just hitting down three times and B/Circle. While playing as Baraka, I found out completely by accident one of his brutalities is just to uppercut someone when they're at low health. Still, I suppose it's better than MKX's "easy fatalities" debacle.

- The character customization is a mix of MKX's three fighting styles plus IJ's costume buffs, so looks like we get more RPG elements in our big-men-punching games.

- Skarlet is what would happen if a Hot Topic circa 2003 were to manifest into a human body. She's fun to play, sure, but her dialogue is incredibly tryhard. That said, I'm certain the r34 community will love her.

- Kabal: after performing a flawless first round "Kaballin'!"
Me: You're not allowed to talk anymore, Kabal.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
Looks like she could be fun. Her name makes her sound like an economy class sedan, but then again this is a game in which the guy who appears on the box is some kind of undead Japanese hellfire demon and yet is named after a bug. So whatever.

Anyway, my gf decided she wanted to play MK11 so I went ahead an pre-ordered the damn thing and got a chance to play the beta. Few observations:

- Maybe it's me getting used to fighting games, but the fatalities in this game are stupidly easy to pull off. Hell, one of Kabal's is literally just hitting down three times and B/Circle. While playing as Baraka, I found out completely by accident one of his brutalities is just to uppercut someone when they're at low health. Still, I suppose it's better than MKX's "easy fatalities" debacle.

- The character customization is a mix of MKX's three fighting styles plus IJ's costume buffs, so looks like we get more RPG elements in our big-men-punching games.

- Skarlet is what would happen if a Hot Topic circa 2003 were to manifest into a human body. She's fun to play, sure, but her dialogue is incredibly tryhard. That said, I'm certain the r34 community will love her.

- Kabal: after performing a flawless first round "Kaballin'!"
Me: You're not allowed to talk anymore, Kabal.
I don't think Netherrealm has a lot of women writing for them, it's what the majority of women always have terrible dialog. It's like the developers/ writers have never interacted with a woman before.

That being said, currently there is a minor conspiracy being brought up about the women in the game wearing more clothing than the men. I don't know what games these people have played but that's been the case since the original game. I'm sure you'll eventually get to make some of the women as skimpy as possible due to the fact they want you to play characters in their old outfits as well.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino